Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Socializing, playtime, tricks and things....:
"S.I.T" trick for your pooches and mutts

amber_mae

Sep 4, 2006, 5:49 AM

Post #1 of 2 (6645 views)
Shortcut
"S.I.T" trick for your pooches and mutts Can't Post

FrownHey everyone! How are you all?

I thought out this new trick(I created myself)and I would like to share with you guys so that you can teach this fun, interesting trick to your lil pooches or mutts.

It's called the "S.I.T" trick. This trick may sound easy as teaching your dog the command "sit". Mmmm...well, it may take some time for your dog to get it like mine, Amber. She took about three weeks.
And sumtimes she'll make mistakes. But she's an expert with this trick, kekeke!

1st, get your dog to stand in front of you. 2nd, teach your dog the "I.T" word. Say, "I.T" clearly and push your dogs bum until it sits and then give him verbal praise with a yummy treat. Repeat for five repetitions, then give it a break. Later start again, doing the same thing until you don't have to push his bum anymore. Once he gets it, let's move to the next step...

Now, make sure his standing in front of you. Now spell out, "S.I.T" clearly so that he can hear the "I.T" word. Try and make the "I.T" word in a higher pitch. If he sits, praise him and pop a treat in his mouth. If he doesn't, push his bum only when you get to the "I.T" part like step one. NEVER push him when you say the letter "S". Now it gets a lil harder here. Make sure you be patient...

Okay. Change the word a little. Make him stand in front of you and spell out "S.A.T" in a same tone. I guarantee, he is going to sit. That's why I say, don't push your dog's bum when you say the letter "S", this will only get your dog confused...After saying that word, quickly push his tummy up and say the command "stand". Don't say "No". Then be creative. You can add "S.U.T" or "S.O.T" or whatever! Whenever you say different words, always push his tummy up and say "stand". Repeat for five repetitions and give it a break. Wait till tomorrow and try again...

My dog now knows only the spelling, "S.I.T". When I say, "S.A.T" then "S.U.T", she doesn't sit. After that when I say S.I.T she will sit. Mix it around a lil just to see if your dog is not following the routine. I've showed to some people, and they are quite impressed, hehehe! Try out yourself, it's alot of fun...

FrownGood Luck and remember, be patient. Never scold it for doing it wrongly becoz this is suppose to be a happy, fun trick. Tata!Frown

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

(This post was edited by amber_mae on Sep 4, 2006, 5:57 AM)

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 10, 2006, 3:57 AM

Post #2 of 2 (6587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amber_mae] "S.I.T" trick for your pooches and mutts [In reply to] Can't Post

Nobody tried this trick yet ah??? Aiyoh why not. It can impress people to you know! This means, your dog can spell & understand the spelling. Try lah!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my