scratching the floor

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mickeymummy
Dog Kichi

Aug 24, 2006, 11:59 PM

Post #1 of 35 (3377 views)
Shortcut
scratching the floor Can't Post

Hi all, does ur furkid scratch the floor as if he is digging something? My pup scratch my marble flooring. He only started behaving this way recently. Why is that so? What is he doing actually? Is it because his paws are itchy?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 25, 2006, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 35 (3372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickeymummy] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

hey, my dog oso did that to, sometimes...

i dun think is itchy paw, coz she did it throughout d year....so its impossible tat her paw is itchy everyday...

i feel it seems like some kind of psychological problem... they probably mistaken d floor as soil... or they wanna keep their nails short.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Aug 25, 2006, 12:13 AM)

wan
K9 Maniac

Aug 25, 2006, 2:11 AM

Post #3 of 35 (3365 views)
Shortcut

Oh same my furkid did that too. But when he was younger... if I didnt scold him for doing that I believe it will become a habit. After scold for few times no more scratching liao.. hehehe..

Like what amanda say I believe is their natural behaviour digging hole.. thought is soil.. yalor..

my friend's dog very funny dig the pillow but actually didnt manage to dig any hole at all...and put the toy on top of pillow and use his head to act as if its covering the toy with soil... he show me the videoclip.. I find it so funny..

really as if its hiding is toy and cover with soil.. on top of the pillow..

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 25, 2006, 2:36 AM

Post #4 of 35 (3362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

i tot it looks rather cute n funny....n it didn;t bother me at all....so i didn't scold her....i try to take picture summore..

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

wan
K9 Maniac

Aug 25, 2006, 7:46 PM

Post #5 of 35 (3353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha actually i find it cute and funny too but my husband being the proper and tidy person doesnt like to see him like that so he was being scolded..

for me its not a problem and find it cute.... hehehe..

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 25, 2006, 8:32 PM

Post #6 of 35 (3350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

my family is rather opposite...
my dad dun seem to care about anything at all....Cool
only my mum will make a big fuss that d marble floor will got scratch.....Pirate

Pacco de Mongrel

mickeymummy
Dog Kichi

Aug 25, 2006, 10:58 PM

Post #7 of 35 (3345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi thanks for the reply. So u think it is something to do with habit? Hmm...that's funny, cos he only develop this habit recently. Last time not like that. If that's nothing wrong with him, then I am fine with it. Just a bit worry that his hand got fleas or ticks, or worst got mites!! sigh...guess I need to relax a bit, very kanjong about him.

wan
K9 Maniac

Aug 25, 2006, 11:10 PM

Post #8 of 35 (3342 views)
Shortcut

hi mickeymummy ,

dun be so kan jiong.. its nothing. scratching like digging the floor is their natural instinct la.

They thought they're staying in the forest.

If itchy they will bite the paw won't scratch the marble..

no worries la.. Wink

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 28, 2006, 6:02 PM

Post #9 of 35 (3326 views)
Shortcut

then check @ his paw....flea n ticks will b quite visible 2 c...

Pacco de Mongrel

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 29, 2006, 7:18 AM

Post #10 of 35 (3320 views)
Shortcut

Hi, just notice your posting. your dog is digging a hole so it can sleep in, you know sort of preparing a comfortable place to sleep in. Some human being, before laying down "bit the crap out of their pillow" well more or less the same thing.

Nothing to be concern about. If as per some posting ticks etc, they would bite their paw.

mickeymummy
Dog Kichi

Aug 29, 2006, 7:01 PM

Post #11 of 35 (3310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have checked his paws but nothing there. So I presumed this is just an habit that he develop recentlyLaugh

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Sep 12, 2006, 1:22 AM

Post #12 of 35 (3247 views)
Shortcut

I believe this is instinctual behaviour lah. My schnauzer does this esp when it's time to go beddie byes. She spends the night on the bed with me, and I'll inevitably find her scratching away at the bedsheet before she settles down for the night. I think this also has something to do with her terrier ancestry. Terriers, as the name suggests, like to dig.

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2006, 2:34 AM

Post #13 of 35 (3156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

same here. Benjamin just love to dig & scratch b4 sleep....funny

FrownBen@Benjamin, my baby boy.Frown

The cross breed with the most amazing eyes.
http://www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com

irenec
Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2006, 11:44 PM

Post #14 of 35 (3111 views)
Shortcut

If normally the dog doesn't do that except once in a blue moon, what does that indicate? Just recently, in the middle of the night my dog just got up from her sleep and started scratching furiously ala in a frustrated manner before settling down to sleep again

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 29, 2006, 11:59 PM

Post #15 of 35 (3109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [irenec] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably sleep-scratching whilst dreaming of a rabbit down a hole. Laugh

My schnauzer doesn't 'dig' all the time either. She'd sometimes do it on the bed, sometimes before settling down on the passenger seat to doze off during a ride in the car.

irenec
Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2006, 12:18 AM

Post #16 of 35 (3108 views)
Shortcut

That's probably the case Laugh But she does sleep-bark at times. Probably spillover from excessive barking during the day Crazy

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Dec 30, 2006, 2:04 AM

Post #17 of 35 (3105 views)
Shortcut

Arún used to paddle her front limbs vigorously and whimper in her sleep. God knows what she must´ve been dreaming about. Have I seen you and your silky at any of the dog events before? MKA or the puppy.com events at 1-utama?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2006, 3:16 AM

Post #18 of 35 (3104 views)
Shortcut

hokkien called "ham bin" la

ezekiel 25:17

Sydney
Doggyman

Dec 31, 2006, 6:27 AM

Post #19 of 35 (3099 views)
Shortcut

Laugh my dog does that oso when he was young but he does it oso for fun.. your dog likes scratching only.. My dog even scratch the bed.. Well.. my teori is that i think it's trying to flatten some spot so that he can sleep/sit on it. Dogs like somewhere flat that's why you see them moving in circles on their bedSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

irenec
Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2007, 12:27 AM

Post #20 of 35 (3083 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Arún used to paddle her front limbs vigorously and whimper in her sleep. God knows what she must´ve been dreaming about. Have I seen you and your silky at any of the dog events before? MKA or the puppy.com events at 1-utama?

She's probably swimming there ala doggy paddle Sly

Err...not too sure if we have met. The last event I went was at 1-Utama not too long ago. Were you there?

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 6, 2007, 12:42 AM

Post #21 of 35 (3079 views)
Shortcut

Yep I was there. Arún took part in a couple of games, so you might have seen her jumping about. Might run into you if you're at the next 1-utama event on the 14th.

Vinoviruz: what is 'ham bin'?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 6, 2007, 6:33 PM

Post #22 of 35 (3076 views)
Shortcut

ham bin (hokkien)= action packed dreamin, u know like children if play & laugh in daytime or always kena bully & cry then nite time also can laugh or cry???
doggies if daytime bark & play like mad sometimes nite time also will give the occasional barks

ezekiel 25:17

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 6, 2007, 7:48 PM

Post #23 of 35 (3069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

aiyoh, never hear before. Dream in hokkien is 'bong' innit? So you fellas say 'bin' in Penang? And what is 'ham'?

irenec
Enthusiast

Jan 9, 2007, 8:04 PM

Post #24 of 35 (3054 views)
Shortcut

Think I missed quite a lot of the events there as I was late to arrive and early to leave Blush Will keep a look out for your jumping MS Smile

irenec
Enthusiast

Jan 9, 2007, 8:07 PM

Post #25 of 35 (3051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] scratching the floor [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
ham bin (hokkien)= action packed dreamin, u know like children if play & laugh in daytime or always kena bully & cry then nite time also can laugh or cry???
doggies if daytime bark & play like mad sometimes nite time also will give the occasional barks

Yeah, I've heard about it too. Is it really true? Then what about those who sleep walk? Does that mean the person walked too much during the day?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my