Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
7 week old puppy throwing up...

Chicotheminpinsmom
New User

May 6, 2003, 11:41 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2708 views)
Shortcut
7 week old puppy throwing up... Can't Post

UnsureMy 7 week old Min Pin mix, Chico, started throwing up a couple of days ago. He did have a spat of diarrehea, but that problem resolved itself. He doesn't really have a big appetiete. I tried calling the vet, but they are closed today. Is there anything I can do to help him?? Is there anything I can go buy to keep him from throwing up. I am really worried about him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 6, 2003, 4:48 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chicotheminpinsmom] 7 week old puppy throwing up... [In reply to] Can't Post

wowww,
Bring your puppy to vet immediately. Loosing appetite, diarrhea and vomit are NOT good sign for puppy. Rush him to farer clinic.
Did her got his 2st vaccine already?

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

jacng
Enthusiast

May 6, 2003, 7:34 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chicotheminpinsmom] 7 week old puppy throwing up... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi chico...

i agree with trivor.... it doesn't sound good ...

Get your furkid to a vet ASAP....

has your furkid got his first vaccination yet?

anyway, i dunno how effective it is but my furkid did throw up twice after his second vaccination but no diarrhoea.... so i mix a little glucose into his drinking water so that he wun get so dehydrated..... he was all right the next day... no more vomiting.... maybe you can try but my advice is still get him to a vet ASAP... dun wait anymore.

jac

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 7, 2003, 10:18 AM

Post #4 of 10 (2677 views)
Shortcut

HI,

There is only 1 thing which you can do....
go to the VET fast ! where do u stay ? maybe we could recommend a vet which is nearest to your place ?

cheers,
minglmy

Chicotheminpinsmom
New User

May 8, 2003, 6:24 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2671 views)
Shortcut

Frown We took Chico to the doctor, they fed him through I.V. The vet told us that it was Parvo and to expect him to not make it. The little baby died at 3:00 this morning. We are still in shock. Thanks for all your comments and support. Little Chico would have been an awesome little doggie. If there is a "doggie heaven" I am sure that he is there.

adamchooi
Canine Addict

May 8, 2003, 7:47 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2666 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I'm sorry about ChicoFrown, He'll be at the rainbow brigde playing happily and missing u much!!!

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 8, 2003, 8:42 AM

Post #7 of 10 (2665 views)
Shortcut

oh dear !

I'm so sorry to hear that chico didn't make it FrownUnsure at least now, chico don't have to suffer so much.... and that is a relieve for him.

cheers,
minglmy

jacng
Enthusiast

May 8, 2003, 5:04 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2659 views)
Shortcut

oh my gosh... i am really sorry to hear about chico.... at least he is not suffering now. He will be missing you very much in doggie heaven....

jac

Trivor
K9 Servant

May 9, 2003, 12:30 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Oh my~
I am deeply sorry to hear that! Don't be sad, sometime things just don't work out fine, but bad things will be gone soon!

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 9, 2003, 3:22 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2642 views)
Shortcut

So sorry to hear about Chico Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my