IN

Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog

shiloh

Aug 4, 2006, 6:47 AM

Post #1 of 11 (841 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog Can't Post

We have spotted a shih-tzu like dark grey dog that seems to be lost. Area where we saw the dog Jalan Hujan, Jalan Hujan Emas 10, Jalan Hujan Emas 12 and Jalan Hujan Bubuk in OUG.

Dog is a bit larger than the regular sized shih tzu, very furry, though looks to have been groomed.

First saw him last Saturday, July 29. Last saw him Monday, July 31.

He may still be in the area, so if you have lost a dog fitting this description and you're from around Sri Petaling, Bandar Baru Sri Petaling or OUG you might want to check the areas mentioned.

I've informed a the vet and some petshops in OUG but no one has been in to see them about a missing dog.

maegan
Dog Kichi

Aug 4, 2006, 6:57 PM

Post #2 of 11 (822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shiloh] Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi shiloh, is me maegan again, do u saw the dog today? if u still saw the dog, can u pls sms to me at 012-9255569, im still looking my sing sing. did u find andy lau back?

shiloh

Aug 5, 2006, 8:02 AM

Post #3 of 11 (788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maegan] Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi maegan

no andy lau has not been found. and we still miss the little guy so much. sing sing is not back?

i haven't seen the dog since Monday. he doesn't look like sing sing - this dog is long haired like a shih tzu but the coat is all dark gray, and a different texture and the size is bigger than any shih tzu i've seen. he's probably not a shih tzu but i don't know exactly what breed.

if i see him again, i'll sms you. or you could take a walk - the hujan emas 12 and 10 are pretty close to your place too.

cheers

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Aug 6, 2006, 11:38 AM

Post #4 of 11 (775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shiloh] Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi.. Can you try and take the dog in and take a picture of it? Is it male or female?

I'm still looking for Pepper (a Miniature Schnauzer) and your mention of a grey dog has caught my attention. Although Pepper was lost in Ukay Heights, and it is unlikely that the dog is Pepper, someone else here may recognise the dog.

Thanks.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

maegan
Dog Kichi

Aug 7, 2006, 4:18 PM

Post #5 of 11 (756 views)
Shortcut

i hv been search that area u said fews round, but i dint c the dog, may b u r right he is not my sing sing, if is sing sing sure he know the way to go home deFrown, but i will keep on find him

shiloh

Aug 8, 2006, 7:48 AM

Post #6 of 11 (726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi gus gus

i've stopped taking in lost dogs. the last experience i had where the owner accused me of stealing his dog (despite having posters outside my gate "lost dog? - Ask inside" and using it for stud service (not likely since both my girls are spayed) has put me off the whole business.

this irresponsible owner asked me to pay him for saving his dog and feeding it, shampooing it etc for 3 days; and for stud service too.

now i've decided that i'll inform the vets/pet shop and puppy.com.my members; and feeding the dog outside my gate but not bringing them in anymore.

gus-gus, I'm sure its not a miniature schnauzer. i'm not an expert on dog breeds but this dog looked nothing like a schnauzer.

good luck in finding your dog.

shiloh

Aug 8, 2006, 8:08 AM

Post #7 of 11 (723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maegan] Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Maegan

I haven't seen the dog in a week. I hope he has been reunited with his owner. But almost every house in that area has one or more dogs, so if he has been taken in by a good family, then it is not so bad.

I'll keep an eye out, and if I see him again, I'll sms you.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Aug 9, 2006, 8:14 AM

Post #8 of 11 (685 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi gus gus

i've stopped taking in lost dogs. the last experience i had where the owner accused me of stealing his dog (despite having posters outside my gate "lost dog? - Ask inside" and using it for stud service (not likely since both my girls are spayed) has put me off the whole business.

this irresponsible owner asked me to pay him for saving his dog and feeding it, shampooing it etc for 3 days; and for stud service too.

now i've decided that i'll inform the vets/pet shop and puppy.com.my members; and feeding the dog outside my gate but not bringing them in anymore.

gus-gus, I'm sure its not a miniature schnauzer. i'm not an expert on dog breeds but this dog looked nothing like a schnauzer.

good luck in finding your dog.

I can quite understand your reluctance to take in dogs that you find wandering around. What a creep!! He was obviously looking to make a quick buck out of your kindness. What a creep! Maybe the dog wasn't lost - he left to get away from the horrible man.

Keep up the good work with helping dogs.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

amber_mae

Aug 11, 2006, 1:12 AM

Post #9 of 11 (656 views)
Shortcut

I think i know what it is...it's a Lhasa Apso. The face looks very much like a Shih Tzu, but it's body size and shape is slightly diff and bigger. The fur too. It's deffinately a Lhasa Apso. I've mistaken many Lhasa Apsos to be Shih Tzus, but they're not! And there are no pure grey shih tzus. Try asking people again if they have lost a Lhasa Apso.

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

amber_mae

Aug 11, 2006, 1:55 AM

Post #10 of 11 (655 views)
Shortcut

Here are two example pictures of Lhasa Apsos.

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

Attachments: lhasa-apsos-01.jpg (11.1 KB)
  lhasa.jpg (9.89 KB)

shiloh

Aug 14, 2006, 7:01 AM

Post #11 of 11 (605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amber_mae] Has anyone lost a dark grey shih tzu-like dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amber mae

thanks for the pictures, but this dog was not a lhasa apso. i know what lhasa apsos look like as I've fostered 2 for a few weeks.

he hasn't been seen since JUly 31st. and i feel that he has either been reunited with his family or found a new home.

cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my