Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI

BomBom
Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2006, 2:14 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI Can't Post

This is basically a repeat of my posts under the thread Pedigree Found TTDI.

I found a Shih Tzu limping in the rain at 1pm on Friday 21 July 2006 along Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, beside the Honda Car Dealer. Severely matted coat.

So far there has been no response. I have been making almost daily rounds to the area where I found him hoping to see some Lost Dog posters. I have even informed the Vet in the area, Dr. Clement.

Since it has been just over a week since I found him, I have decided to post some details of the little fella:

Breed: Shih Tzu
Age: Probably at most 1 1/2 years (according to the vet)
Colour: Black and White
Condition: Coat severely matted and clumpy
Medical: Minor ear mite infestation (being treated currently). Also some ticks and fleas but treated with Bayticol and continuing treatment.
General Appearance: Maybe a little under weight but now eating heartily (about 100 grams ProPlan Salmon & Rice daily)
Behaviour: Good toilet habits, very well-behaved, not aggressive, loves being around people, gets on well with my other dogs, especially my old Princess, a 13-yr old GR mixed.
Other observations: Limps on the right. Right front and rear limbs look deformed. According to the Vet, Dr. Lai, this is probably due to an old injury (fracture) which did not heal properly. Nevertheless, runs very steadily in a skippity-hoppity fashion.
Work done on him so far:

Very aggressively groomed to remove matting and to allow for treatment of ears and tick/flea prevention
Complete soaking in Bayticol (used 1 bottle 10cl in a full tub of water) prior to grooming.
Started course of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflamatory due to initial inspection of limbs but now with hair shaven, it is observed that there is no swelling and the medication has been stopped.

So far Dr Lai of hand & paws of Aman Suria has provided consultation, treatment and medication without charge.

If he is still unclaimed by the end of next week, I will have to re-home him. I may be taking him to the Puppy.com graduation in Taman Desa this Sunday in the hope that some one will recognise him or he will recognise some one familiar.

Contact me through this thread
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

maegan
Dog Kichi

Aug 2, 2006, 10:25 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BomBom] Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bom bom, jus would like to check with u is the shih tsu still with u nw? if really cant found back its owner can i adopt it?

BomBom
Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2006, 1:04 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maegan] Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI [In reply to] Can't Post

Maegan,

As promised, I will wait to the end of the week for the owner to claim him, after that if he's still not claimed, I will get back to you.
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

maegan
Dog Kichi

Aug 4, 2006, 1:10 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1987 views)
Shortcut

10Q,

laurentay
Novice

Aug 25, 2006, 3:15 AM

Post #5 of 12 (1888 views)
Shortcut

Hi BomBom I know this is a long shot but I'm still searching for my lost Shih Tzu Robbie who disappeared in April Frown. He had a tick infestation when he disappeared, TTDI is just a stone's throw fm D.U. Pls see my post below thanks alot.

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

BomBom
Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2006, 4:41 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [laurentay] Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI [In reply to] Can't Post

This shih tzu has no tick infestation and not plump like your Robbie. He's a skinny fella!

Hope you find your Robbie some day
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

laurentay
Novice

Aug 25, 2006, 5:49 PM

Post #7 of 12 (1870 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for checking anyway. I only hope he has at least found a good home.

stupe
New User

Sep 11, 2006, 9:29 PM

Post #8 of 12 (1747 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Maegan,

As promised, I will wait to the end of the week for the owner to claim him, after that if he's still not claimed, I will get back to you.

hi Bombom,

I lost my shih tzu on 28th March this year in BU area. TTDI is a stone throw away.

here is a reference post in my blog:
http://opstupe.blogspot.com/...-boy-is-missing.html

any chances that it looked like him?

BomBom
Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2006, 6:02 PM

Post #9 of 12 (1660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stupe] Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI [In reply to] Can't Post

Please read my originating post. Thank you
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

noeliz
Novice

Jan 21, 2007, 12:02 PM

Post #10 of 12 (1469 views)
Shortcut

Hi,..My name is Noel,..,...Lost my black and white (actually greyish coz i tend to keep his fur very very short

in December 05,...Male 1 and a half years old responds to the name napoleon,..or poleon,... slim and trim dog,...Shih Tzu,...

pls check if you tempt him with food and ask him to roll over he will and he know how to shake hands,..

could it be him,,...I miss him a lot

03-77251537

(This post was edited by noeliz on Jan 25, 2007, 9:41 PM)

BomBom
Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2007, 8:05 AM

Post #11 of 12 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noeliz] Found: Shih Tzu in TTDI [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Noel,

Sorry to hear abt your lost pet. We found the lil boy in July last year. Your area is quite near where we found the boy. When we found him, he had a full coat but terribly matted. In fact it was so matted, the vet couldn't feel his bone structure until we had him shaved botak.

This lil fella is not at all greedy and he doesn't know any tricks. At first he was very apprehensive about being touched.

We interviewed a few people who were interested in adopting him but we discounted all of them for the following reasons:

1. Staying in apartment

2. No one home most of the time

3. Not quite willing to meet the cost of glaucosamine (preventive because of his skeletal deformity)

4. Not prepared to have him neutered.

We have had him neutered and vaccinated and he is on a preventive course of glaucosamine.

We have decided to keep him as our own and he has now adjusted very well and our older Miniature Schnauzer girl Duchess (6 years old) treats him like a lil brother. They go jungle trekking most Saturdays and he loves to swim. He can go off-lead. He is also very well-behaved when we take them out for meals. He doesn't like to sit on my lap like his big sister but is very content sitting in a basket that we take along when we go out for meals.

He now doesn't get so distracted by crowds or strange sounds or lunge out at passers by. We have taken him (with his big sister) to China Town, Bintang Walk, Malacca, Boathaus (in TTDI) and many other eating places. He even allows people to touch him although he still doesn't quite like children. Maybe bad experience.

We now call him Bentley which sounds a whole lot better than Ah Pai although our friends prefer to call him Ben.

Although he sleeps with us in the bedroom, he doesn't like to get up on the bed and prefers to sleep in his own basket on the floor. He loves car rides but sleeps all the way. Unlike Duchess who has claimed one special spot on the sofa as her own, Bentley doesn't like the sofa at all.

We have taken him out to several public doggy outings and so far no one has put up a legitimate claim. We have something that was on him when we found him and that will be proof of identity. I will post some photos of him when I have the time.

Our sympathies go out to all those who have lost their pets and we hope that whoever has found them will treat them well.
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

noeliz
Novice

Jan 25, 2007, 12:27 PM

Post #12 of 12 (1411 views)
Shortcut

please post pix,...i would love to see bentley,...i love all shih tzu

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my