Home: Breed Specific: Hound Group:
Beagle Bitch -wanted.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

tuckfook

Dec 14, 2006, 6:59 AM

Post #26 of 39 (1472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Beagle Bitch -wanted. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. Nobody called me regarding beagles yet but I do have some pups ready to go about end of the month. Your Sis want to swap to get different genes in the pool ?

Tuckfook.

billyli3
Novice

Dec 16, 2006, 12:32 AM

Post #27 of 39 (1461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tuckfook] Beagle Bitch -wanted. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Tuckfook, got new batch of pups already? so soon? My ginger is still a real badboy.

My Gin...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 17, 2006, 9:20 AM

Post #28 of 39 (1451 views)
Shortcut

Cool thread! Any hunting experience recently? If u does take some photos & post here then it would be great!

Regards,

Yang

tuckfook

Dec 17, 2006, 7:30 PM

Post #29 of 39 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billyli3] Beagle Bitch -wanted. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Billy,

Glad you still have Ginger. Beagles are quite obstinate but you must always be firm with him. It is very important for you to be the leader of the pack. If ever your dog becomes the leader of the pack then you are in for a hard time.

Read the current issue of the National Geographer..it's about the Dog Whisperer.

Understanding a dog is paramount in the keeping of a dog as a pet. Failure to understand will mean that you become the pet of your dog.

Usually you only have to be tough with your dog a few times and then after that he'll fall into line once he knows that you are the boss.

Yes, I have another litter from another bitch. Hopefully this time I have the colour I want. So far so good but cannot tell until until it changes fur a few times. Only 4 weeks old now. Only one pup confroms to what I have been hoping for.

Tuckfook.

tuckfook

Dec 17, 2006, 7:40 PM

Post #30 of 39 (1442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Beagle Bitch -wanted. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Posting pics on hunting in this thread will be off topic. When I get more photos I'll post in ' Dogs for Hunting ' and let everyone know.

Tuckfook

billyli3
Novice

Dec 20, 2006, 1:49 AM

Post #31 of 39 (1430 views)
Shortcut

Yup, he's still stubborn. So, far, he still is. Cant begin to describe what he's destroyed so far, countless ASTRO magazine, my mails, his plastic bowls... oh and he loves to destroy my pots. Plays a lot, contacted "kurap" now, but getting better,starts to hump a lot now, and also, he got ran over once by a car but luckily, nothing broken.
Teaching him obidience is going to be super hard. He knows how to obey commands when the food comes.. thats the only time he is a good boy.
I believe somewhere in this forum someone says that Beagles are very "kuai lan", but for me I think that they are more to "au ban".
Anyway, he's a pic of him now.

My Gin...
Attachments: P9020130.jpg (154 KB)

tuckfook

Dec 20, 2006, 2:16 AM

Post #32 of 39 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Wah, he's looking good, has the mother's narrow snout.

Show him who's boss, be really firm, believe me, they are really thick skinned.

billyli3
Novice

Dec 20, 2006, 10:58 PM

Post #33 of 39 (1417 views)
Shortcut

Oh well, I'm trying. But you know how this thing is.. we're out for work from 9 - 6 or 8. And when we're not around.. who knows... what kind of havoc he'll create.
And when I'm available for him. The one thing he likes to do is bite at my hands. Is that typical? He's been doing that for a long time. My only solution to this is to play fetch with him when he wants to bite.
When you said that he's thick skinned, no kidding man. He could withstand a lot of punishment, from me.. and still he wont cry. He'll just make his sad face to counter whatever you could dish out to him.
Anyway, that pic was taken 2 or 3 months ago. This is how he is now....
Are you planning on selling your new batch too? as I think my friend is interested too. Do show us some pics of it when they're ready to go.
/home/billylim/Desktop/B040245.JPG
/home/billylim/Desktop/B040264.JPG

BIlly

My Gin...
Attachments: 1010011.JPG (97.2 KB)

billyli3
Novice

Dec 20, 2006, 11:12 PM

Post #34 of 39 (1414 views)
Shortcut

whoops. how do you post multiple pics.....

My Gin...
Attachments: B040245.JPG (77.5 KB)

billyli3
Novice

Dec 20, 2006, 11:13 PM

Post #35 of 39 (1412 views)
Shortcut

My Gin...

My Gin...

(This post was edited by billyli3 on Dec 20, 2006, 11:13 PM)
Attachments: B040264.JPG (93.5 KB)

tuckfook

Dec 20, 2006, 11:56 PM

Post #36 of 39 (1405 views)
Shortcut

That is a smart dog you've got. From the looks and the way he holds his head, he's destined to be the boss. His mother is just like that. His mother also bites me when in pain or really annoyed ! Talk about inheritance.

Both parents of your dog were most agressive and dominant so I guess yours got the dominant genes. I cannot judge from the others I've used for hunting, of the same litter as they are amongst bigger and perhaps more aggressive dogs, besides they are younger than the others.

I've now got pups from another bitch but the same father, One female lemon and white only. The others, all females are reserved and I'm keeping one because she's what I've been trying to breed.

I don't know what the outcome of these pups will be as this is the first batch but I guess a little smaller than your dog, temperamant is yet to be seen, probably milder as the bitch is very mild..

Tuckfook

billyli3
Novice

Dec 21, 2006, 1:11 AM

Post #37 of 39 (1400 views)
Shortcut

ah... tell me its Lucy. As she's really good. Stayed there for us to pat. Very mild and very "kuai"

My Gin...

tuckfook

Dec 21, 2006, 5:40 AM

Post #38 of 39 (1395 views)
Shortcut

you're right !

billyli3
Novice

Dec 21, 2006, 8:41 PM

Post #39 of 39 (1390 views)
Shortcut

She's a good girl. A bit short though, but still, a good manered girl, unlike Gingers mom(I think her name was Snoopy?), which was like you said, dominant and rough.

My Gin...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my