Anyone having similar situation

Cindy_a22
Novice

Jul 21, 2006, 7:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (8421 views)
Shortcut
Anyone having similar situation Can't Post

Hi All,

Just wanted to share somehting that recently happening with my 1 1/2 yr olf lab. He was with me since a pup and I love him alot. He sleeps with me in my bed and is very well home and potty trained.

Recently I had gone back to Perth for vacation and I left him with a colleague of mine. She ws willing to lodge him as she too ws an ardent dog lover.

After I took Rex, back I noticed him trying to nuddge me and put his snort on my crotch. i just ignored it thinking that it common with dogs. He is allowed to jump on me when I get back home after work but since his pet sitting with my colleague, he jumps on me on the back......like mounting and tries to hump. I thought he ws trying to play around but when I turned around I saw his........sticking out.

When I consulted a vet in my housing area, the vet told me to either spay him(which I think I wont put Rex thru it) or help releive his desire.

If anyone have any similar experience and have solutions, please let me know.

Cindy

amber_mae

Aug 21, 2006, 7:40 AM

Post #2 of 4 (8344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cindy_a22] Anyone having similar situation [In reply to] Can't Post

Eeewww that's gross! Well, to overcome this kind of sexual behavior, there's only two options for you. It's either you neutor him(He won't feel like doing this again becoz his hormones will change & he'll be less dominant) or you give him a chance to mate with a female dog. Do stud services lah...You can make money out of that you know. Mise as well use it rite than wasting it on you. Hehehe...

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2006, 4:28 AM

Post #3 of 4 (8330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cindy_a22] Anyone having similar situation [In reply to] Can't Post

neutering cannot guarantee d problem can b overcome. coz my frenz mix Gr still had humping problem eventhough he had been spayed for 2 years..

n about d stud service. itz definately not going to work. your dog will onli develop more on d habit..

n by the way, as a responsible and educated dog owner, breed is to improve the breed standard, not juz simple breed for whatsoever other reason besides of that.

d way which u might consider trying and it will take time is ignoring n making a big fuss of it...when ur dog start to hump, stand up quickly and possibly isolate him at a corner or lock him at a place where he feel unpleasant. another option is alwiz place a squirter around d house. when he does it, squirt some water on his face. but if u realize ur dog love playing wit d water, then stop this method.

hope u'll overcome this problem soon...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

amber_mae

Sep 3, 2006, 10:54 PM

Post #4 of 4 (8263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Anyone having similar situation [In reply to] Can't Post

Erm, locking him up and punishing him will not do it either. The dog will not understand why it's being punished for. It's his nature to do that! Yes true, my friends's dog, a min schnauzer was already neutored but was humping my Dalmatian when she brought him over to my house. But at least female dogs will not get pregnant by him...Once he gets older, he'll get over it soon. I mean not doing on you anymore, but to other female dogs, yes. It's normal for them to do that, it's not a big prob. Just say 'NO!' very loudly and fimly and just push his face away. NO WACKING!!! It'll not work, believe me...And no punishing him too.

I use this method when my two dogs try to dig their face in my food. This is very rude and disgusting! hehehe...It'll take a while before they'll learn it. Be patient.

Giving care is like a 'Boomerang'

When you give it out freely, it always comes back to you

Remember that...

FrownVisit Amber-Mae's BlogFrown

http://www.ambers-diary.blogspot.com(Updated 2nd Oct 2006)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my