Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
I get playpen for my GR puppy liao..

jeffreyyingwah
Novice

Jul 20, 2006, 5:27 PM

Post #1 of 6 (872 views)
Shortcut
I get playpen for my GR puppy liao.. Can't Post

Finally i bought the playpen for my puppy regarding all ur advise.I put newspaper inside the area where the playpen is.Puppy start pee & poo on it liao..But if i want them to pee&poo in the toilet,how can i do that?i got working and wont be at home till 7pm.

I have try to train them to poo inside the toilet,but they dont poo.they just lying inside the toilet even i keep saying to them to POO.once i take them out,they wil poo in the living room.I catch them while they doing this and say NO then take them back to toilet,but they stil don want to make it inside,This really make me crazy....

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2006, 5:49 PM

Post #2 of 6 (870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeffreyyingwah] I get playpen for my GR puppy liao.. [In reply to] Can't Post

it's normal...don worry.....u don expect to train them just in one day! since u r working and no one is at home to train them, it is good that you train them to pee/poo on newspaper/tray while you are away.

if u wan to train them to pee/poo in the toilet, u will need to bring them at the right time. the same principle apply and u hv to be patient about it......some puppies takes days, weeks or months to get the idea. so as long as u bring them there at the right time, they will get the idea. if ur puppies refuse to pee/poo in the toilet, u can actually lock them in the toilet (and my advise will b you lock urself in there too with them) until they finish doing their business. Then praise them and give them treats...

this is wat i did initially. now my puppy will run on her own to the toilet and wait for me to open the door for her so dat she could do her business. and after that she will run to the place where i put her treat so that i could reward her after doing her business Wink

but i din manage to do it overnight...it took me almost 1 mth to do it because i was not very consistent at the beginning...however, it think it is a very good learning process for you and your puppies...just always remember that dog/pup is a very habitual being...so long that you repeat the same behaviour over and over again, they will get the idea very soon......

hv fun

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jeffreyyingwah
Novice

Jul 20, 2006, 8:16 PM

Post #3 of 6 (864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] I get playpen for my GR puppy liao.. [In reply to] Can't Post

i know on the market got sell Kong toys for puppy to chewing.is it need to put dog food inside the toy?but my dog food is very small size,how to put inside?or can i just put the kong without anyfood to puppy to pplay?or can i buy the bone that sell on the petshop?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2006, 10:39 PM

Post #4 of 6 (858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeffreyyingwah] I get playpen for my GR puppy liao.. [In reply to] Can't Post

as for kong toys....sorry...cant help you much about this...coz never seen it....been trying to search near the place where i stay but to no avail...but planning to buy one for sasha end of this mth....will let you know more about it later...

but i guess, it's up to you...the reason ppl like to put the food inside is to grab the dog's attention and the dog will be occupied in trying to get the food out from kong...so it will be like a pasttime for the dog too....if u don wan to put any food in it, it should be fine too...after all, it's still a toy...they can still play it....

yes...normally i did buy some small bones for sasha.....the one which can be used for teeth cleaning and is edible...u can consult the petshop about it....i think that is good too....

but since u hv 2 puppies, i think it will be better for you to buy 2 toys....u wouldn;t wan them to fight over it.....

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jeffreyyingwah
Novice

Jul 24, 2006, 6:44 PM

Post #5 of 6 (830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] I get playpen for my GR puppy liao.. [In reply to] Can't Post

wat is ur email address, isend it to there

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Jul 24, 2006, 7:00 PM

Post #6 of 6 (823 views)
Shortcut

hi, when u click reply to reply to the msg, u can see that there is this attachment button at the bottom of the page. U can attach the pics there. I'm sure other members would like to see it too Smile

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my