Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund Events, Trials (Local and Wordwide):
Schutzhund Ipoh

Ludoc
Novice

Jul 18, 2006, 6:14 PM

Post #1 of 8 (15056 views)
Shortcut
Schutzhund Ipoh Can't Post

For those who were not there. Zeno/Azman won the SKLim Trophy. Pre-Novice Champion went to 'Ikea'/Francis Wong from Johor Baru. We saw an emerging junior handler: Aaron Kong with Ayrine, a promising team of young handler and young dog. Together they were 1st in Pre-Novice Obedience. My dog Rokko was disqualified in Pre--Novice protection for 'Disobedience': refusal to 'Out' after three commands. We had a great field day, for all those who were there. We also had observers from Thai Kennel Club and Thai SV, as well as the President and Director of Training of Singapore GSD Club, the Secretary and another member. We saw the 'real Schutzhund Guys'!Not what I called 'Arm-Chair' Trainers hiding behind the PC ditching out Schutzhubd training advice!

The silence on the forum is indeed deafening!!

colinchin
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2006, 10:06 PM

Post #2 of 8 (15038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ludoc] Schutzhund Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We saw the 'real Schutzhund Guys'!Not what I called 'Arm-Chair' Trainers hiding behind the PC ditching out Schutzhubd training advice!

The silence on the forum is indeed deafening!!

Hello Loo,

How are you ? You sounded not too happy from the way I read your post. Take it easy dude. Your health is more important. When comes to dogs training, there can be in many forms/ or ways. "Stretching of arms" also a form of training ma. Different ppl have different ways of doing things and also different needs. May be ppl are training hard but just not really ready for the big day event yet ? What do you think if you give ppl out there more time to train and accomplish something ? I am sure and do hope that there will more ppl take part the next time round. Good luck to your training. Cheers.

(This post was edited by colinchin on Jul 18, 2006, 10:30 PM)

Ludoc
Novice

Jul 19, 2006, 2:13 AM

Post #3 of 8 (15026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Schutzhund Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not unhappy. Just disappointed: not about the Trial(it was a huge success). I thought with so many self-proclaimed schutzhund experts out there, when it comes to the crux of the matter (performance), it comes to naught! I was hoping at least more would have taken part in the pre-novice event, if not protection, then at least obedience which is really the foundation of Schutzhund training. At least Suria with his conformation champion took part in the Prenovice obd. Though his dog did not do well, his spirit is to be commented. I hope I have stirred the hornets' nest and spurred disccusions. For GSDs in this country to have any hope, BH and courage test is the minimal standard to be implemented. Look out for more pictures of the trial!

dogpeople1
New User

Jul 19, 2006, 5:03 AM

Post #4 of 8 (15019 views)
Shortcut

Hello Ludoc... Do not be so disappointed . Comparing to here, yr neighbor country , after 37 yrs of SV & WUSV membership , still only few ppl really care for the sport of Schutzhund. But I will never give up...!!!! The Ipoh Schutzhund 2006 event was great. And the real Schutzhund people I met there were fantastic. The place is also excellent for the sport . I really hope to bring my dogs and my dogpeople friends to join you again in the next year event. Thanks again for everything.

This is the picture I would like to see in our country someday.......
Attachments: DSCN2346.1.JPG (57.0 KB)

Ludoc
Novice

Jul 19, 2006, 7:18 AM

Post #5 of 8 (15009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dogpeople1] Schutzhund Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

Both the Judge and the Singaporean observers think that Malaysia 's schutzhund has the potential to take off in a big way and catch up with Japan one day. The judge also commented that it was heartening to see locally bred and trained dogs taking part and this was a good start. We have good trainers and helpers as well as the infrastructures. All we need is more of 'Malaysia boleh' spirit; less talk, more action. My dream is to one day organize an Asian Championship in our excellent venue that you have seen!

Nando
Novice

Jul 20, 2006, 9:42 PM

Post #6 of 8 (14964 views)
Shortcut

I have to say that the organizer team of this event is a "dream team", It was a really good event and we have seen many good dog with excellent performance.Young handler Aaron Kong ( Peter's son ) with the local trained dog is a very good example for all new schutzhund trainer in Malaysia .......less talk,more action !!!!Frown

For me, Mr.Azman with Geno showing the improvement from day to day, he is very very cool while handling his dog and he show a very serious handling for all exercise, his dog can really feel that today is not the day to play !!!! From the way how he handle his dog now,he will be our next star at WUSV Worldchampionship in the future.Anyway , I have to send my best wishes and congratulation to him for the Winner in Ipoh.

Ludoc
Novice

Jul 26, 2006, 7:20 AM

Post #7 of 8 (14912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nando] Schutzhund Ipoh [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the compliments! We had a fun time organizing this first event in IPC. See pictures at flickr.com/groups/schutzhundipoh

Ludoc
Novice

Jul 27, 2006, 12:47 AM

Post #8 of 8 (14900 views)
Shortcut

Hey guys! View the entire album of Schutzhund Ipoh 2006 at www.vsloo.photosite.com. Many good action shots. Please sign the guest book. There will be another one next year: Schutzhund Ipoh 2007. Start training. If we organize seminars in Ipoh with Michael Lee and Henry, will you guys attend? I am thinking of the fundamental first: Schutzhund Obedience and Protection: the Foundation, over a weekend, say Friday evening to Sunday morning.Any other suggestions?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my