Beagel

tom
New User

May 4, 2003, 1:54 AM

Post #1 of 6 (4851 views)
Shortcut
Beagel Can't Post

Hi Everyone!!!
I saw those pictures of beagles! They are so adorable! I have been very keen on having a beagel. I really love to have a beagel

There are a few reasons that are holding me back from getting a beagel.

Firstly, I am living in a condominium. Secondly, I am working from 8am to 7pm. Thirdly, the dog will be alone in the condomunium during my working hours. I guess the above are already enough to disqualify me as a dog owner:( ..
Frownbut the fact is I really really wanted to have a dog! I just fell in love with beagels!!!!

Do you think my situation is still possible to have a puppy beagel?

carmine

May 4, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #2 of 6 (4834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tom] Beagel [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmpp beagle needs lot of exercises and they are very active. My beagle is lack of exercise too so sometimes she is very notty and full of energy and she will bite and climb.. everything. Nowadays she had got all her vaccin so I'm taking her out for walk everyday so she is much better.

snoppy
Novice

May 5, 2003, 5:42 AM

Post #3 of 6 (4831 views)
Shortcut

My brother and I too working from 8am to 6pm and are living in a flat. During the working hours, no choice that we have too leave him alone. However, we will have to play with him a lot when get back just to drain off his accumulated energy and bring him to the park on weekends. My beagle is now 4+ months old. Quite notty and keep destroying furniture until recently i brought a book on puppy. It really teach me a lot. For beagle, raw hides and tidbits are very important. Though he sometimes still try to craft on the furniture. What I try to do is just to use the raw hide to take his attention or play tug-and-war or fetch with him.

Hope i have enlighten you. Me too, likes beagles a lot though sometimes they really make me sick.

kbs
Enthusiast

May 5, 2003, 7:00 AM

Post #4 of 6 (4830 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tom,

Don't get deceived by the adorable face of beagles Wink. Beagles are rank one of most difficult to obedient training, almost at last place most of the time. Beagle needs plenty of exercises everyday and they are definitely not the type of dog you want to leave home alone for long hours.. unless you want to get him/her a company (another dog or so). Another thing, beagles are quite vocal sometimes (howling) as well as destructive especially when they are bored. Beagle definitely not a right type of dog to have in an apartment and more over, you won't be home most of the time. Beagle needs lots of exercises (preferably bring them to walk everyday)

I used to stayed in a condo when I first got snuffy (my 18 months old beagles) and I personally encountered the above problems and I decided to move into a house last year in the better for my dogs. Ontop of that, last year I got her another beagle to keep her company. I bring them to work every once in few days just that they won't be home alone for long hours.

Do read up books on beagles.. it will certainly help you to know them better, before making any decision if you think you will still be ready to handle a beagle for at least 10 - 15 years.

Regards,
KBS

snoopydog
Enthusiast

May 5, 2003, 4:30 PM

Post #5 of 6 (4824 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tom Smile

Kbs is right. Although beagles are cute, you have to consider very carefully the pitfalls of having a beagle and be prepared to deal with it. Training is one very important aspect. Beagles MUST be properly trained simply because they are so stubborn and will do whatever they like without listening to you. However, if you are prepared for all this and train a beagle properly and love/ care for them, then you will be amazed how much love a beagle will give you in return. Take your time to choose the right dog for you and your lifestyle and if you do decide on a beagle, I'm sure he or she will change your life...FOR THE BETTER! CoolSmileWink!!!! Good luck!

shawnlim
Canine Addict

May 7, 2003, 11:50 AM

Post #6 of 6 (4807 views)
Shortcut

hie tom,

why dont u think about chihuahua? chihuahua iz easy to maintain and doesnt need alot of exercise........somemore they're adorable 2!Tongue
L@VIER

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my