Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
1st timer and need help

anjingdog
Novice

Jul 1, 2006, 3:39 AM

Post #1 of 4 (453 views)
Shortcut
1st timer and need help Can't Post

Frown helo everyone. i have just bought a shih tzu from pet shop. she is 3 months old and name gigi. wanted to learn how to toilet train her. should i bring her to training classes?

ambermae
Dog Kichi

Jul 18, 2006, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 4 (415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anjingdog] 1st timer and need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Bring her for classes by all means but they won't tell you or show u how to toilet train her. I know bec I send my 2 dogs for classes too.

They will tell u theoretically how to train her with the newspaper but it doesn't work.At least not with me. U just have to wait patiently until she herself wants to pee and poo on grass. For my amber (golden retriever), it took about 6 months. Before that she was tied to the spot outside but since u cant tie her there all day, she did it in the house - upstairs and downstairs. I tried everything - sprays, vinegar, fresh lime etc etc, even major scolding. Didn't work. She will automatically grow out of it. U just have to be patient.

For Faith, my dalmation, its the same thing. She's 5 mths old and although she has stopped peeing everywhere, she still does it in the house occassionally. U have to find out what it is that she like to do it on. For Faith, its carpets. So i have removed ALL carpets and rugs from the house. For Amber, its tiles. Since I cant remove all the tiles which is the whole house - u just have to wait. And in the meatime, mop mop mop till u go mad!

Watch for the sign when she's ready. When she stops peeing in her cage for sometime, like 2 weeks in a row, that means she can hold he bladder and bowels until u can take her out.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2006, 12:47 AM

Post #3 of 4 (408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anjingdog] 1st timer and need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi welcome,

You have a funny user name thereCool

ambermae
Dog Kichi

Jul 19, 2006, 1:16 AM

Post #4 of 4 (405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] 1st timer and need help [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chrisong,

Yes i have seem your posts before. I was struck by your dog Amber's name. What a similarity! But mine is Amber-Mae, she's a GR and funnily my daughter has also logged on using the name Amber_Mae as user name. Very confusing. I guess I'll change my usename later. U tink can? Or too late (to avoid confusion on who's talking.)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my