Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund Events, Trials (Local and Wordwide):
What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

henry_u
Novice

Jun 20, 2006, 4:25 AM

Post #1 of 28 (24481 views)
Shortcut
What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? Can't Post

I heard that this dog is train in Malaysia and now has the real European standard. Any 1 has any suggestion about this dog? The competition field ytd normally was not a suitable place for ScH trial! Hundreds of toy dogs surrounded, beside the field is a lake, many dog owners are playing tennis balls with their dogs. I think if the BSP is held in that place, over 50% of the dogs will fail!

Y nobody speak about the ScH trial ytd?

FoxTrot2
Novice

Jun 21, 2006, 12:31 AM

Post #2 of 28 (24437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [henry_u] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Henry.

You have heard alot my friend. Were you at the field on the day? The european's have a standard? please share Smile

What kind of suggestion you looking for? Many in Malaysia only talk but don't train or compete. Don must be a very good dog if you read the NST yesterday... "A massive black German Shepherd looks up at his owner, waiting for his commands.

Dog handler and breeder Peter Kong says "go!" and Don races to an "attacker", who has a stick in his hand, and grabs him by the sleeve.

Although Don looks as if he could easily rip the attacker’s arm off with his powerful jaws, the dog just holds on to the man’s sleeve, waiting for the next command..."

Have you been to the BSP? "Over 50% of the dogs will fail!" which mean the two gentlemen with the german shepherd and belgium shepherd are better than over 50% of the BSP competitors? Malaysia have very good handlers/trainers and dogs! Cool

No wonder many do not want to compete...Tongue

Btw, are you that famous Henry of Malaysia Trained by Mr. Lee?

(This post was edited by FoxTrot2 on Jun 21, 2006, 12:34 AM)

FoxTrot2
Novice

Jun 21, 2006, 12:44 AM

Post #3 of 28 (24431 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FoxTrot2] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

There were only seven dogs (novice + SchH1)

Well, maybe location not so good, I hear there's another in Juli, let's hope that one has a larger turn out...

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jun 21, 2006, 1:03 AM

Post #4 of 28 (24428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FoxTrot2] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

The field/environment may not be the best, but for the dogs/handlers that succeeded, the results clearly indicates how they have dedicated themselves to the sport. It is easy for us to speak of the sport, but to actually partcipate in the sport is very challenging. It takes alot of time, unwavering dedication and discipline to succeed in this sport.

That is, I believe, essentially why many can talk about it, sing about it, fight and argue about it...but only few can take up the sports by actually doing it.

Kudos to Peter, Francis, Sam, Liew, Azman, Jason and Michael ...for walking the talk.

p/s: I think these guys are ... for all the reasons I mentioned above...just for dogs....hahaha *RESPECT*

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jun 21, 2006, 1:04 AM

Post #5 of 28 (24425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ah hem...the "p/s:" bit was just to make it lighter la...so serious no good la...don't flame me...haha

FoxTrot2
Novice

Jun 21, 2006, 1:05 AM

Post #6 of 28 (24420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, it is a tough sport...

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2006, 4:35 AM

Post #7 of 28 (24401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [henry_u] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Henry,

I believe judging by the performance of Don on the field speaks volume of the effort & work done by his owner.

Congratulation to all participants incl judge & helpers ,and esp to Azman & Peter for a job well done

p/s : Henry, it is always a joy seeing the dog works week in & week out, very high drive during work yet was calm & sociable when not working. Just gotta luv his size though . . . , btw just to let U in on a lil' history on Don, he had taken down quite a no. of helpers during the protection routine Pirate "... tis author incl"Frown

Cheers to all !!!

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Jun 21, 2006, 4:37 AM)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jun 21, 2006, 5:24 AM

Post #8 of 28 (24392 views)
Shortcut

Dear all,

Re-read ,the post, i might've offended some people, no offence to all, just that i believe the sport is extremely difficult to take up. i've been trying to take up the sport for a very long time, and everytime i try to do it, i always fall short. Piratehaha. so no offence to all.

lots of love.

Ludoc
Novice

Jun 21, 2006, 7:23 AM

Post #9 of 28 (24384 views)
Shortcut

You need a suitable dog and a group of crazy friends to train together, and you must be willing to travel to seek enlightenment! Ed Frawley thinks nothing of travelling several thousand mile to attend good seminars. What is 500km from KL to Padang Besar!

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jun 21, 2006, 5:04 PM

Post #10 of 28 (24368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ludoc] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Doc,

Yes indeed that's the point. You need really *crazy* friends that will help and train with you rain or shine. A great dog helps alot too.

Btw, will you be competing in July? or as organiser cannot compete? Frown Would be great though if there were more dogs this time around compared to sunday's.

Any idea how many will be participating? hopefully with puppy.com's recent and your current effort, the sport will get more exposure and interest from this point forth.

Regards

henry_u
Novice

Jun 22, 2006, 6:15 AM

Post #11 of 28 (24339 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hello Henry.

You have heard alot my friend. Were you at the field on the day? Im afraid the answer is no & so were u there as well? The european's have a standard? please share Smile Yes, both of the B.Malinois were multiple Schh3/IPO3 from Europe & the points from Don in Obedience were very close to them! Don't u think the level of Don is closed to them? Esp, the 'vorous' exercise is for me, near to perfect! The dumbell exercise is also excellent!

What kind of suggestion you looking for? Many in Malaysia only talk but don't train or compete. That's what we knew very long time ago! Don must be a very good dog if you read the NST yesterday... "A massive black German Shepherd looks up at his owner, waiting for his commands.

Dog handler and breeder Peter Kong says "go!" and Don races to an "attacker", who has a stick in his hand, and grabs him by the sleeve.

Although Don looks as if he could easily rip the attacker’s arm off with his powerful jaws, the dog just holds on to the man’s sleeve, waiting for the next command..."

Have you been to the BSP? No but what about u? "Over 50% of the dogs will fail!" which mean the two gentlemen with the german shepherd and belgium shepherd are better than over 50% of the BSP competitors? I give 3 reasons WHY - The weather with +35 degree can kill a lot of European dogs. - For the 'vorous' exercise, with so many of toy breeds surrounded, the really aggression dogs will have them kill! - For that kind of prizes, the German trainers will not bring their dogs to compete. If u dont believe, u can try to invite them. Malaysia have very good handlers/trainers and dogs! Cool

Btw, are you that famous Henry of Malaysia Trained by Mr. Lee? Im afraid, its a secret.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 22, 2006, 6:52 AM

Post #12 of 28 (24335 views)
Shortcut

Hey u,

I think Don's OB is gorgeous!! I LOVE his heeling (not his best performance in the trial).I don't have any suggestions but I have alot of compliments for him and his handler. They make a wonderful team.

Yes,I agree. The field was terrible for the competition. It was not even,there were many toy dogs (lunch!!) around and it was soggy.

I think the trial is being spoken off...just not online in this forum Tongue
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

FoxTrot2
Novice

Jun 22, 2006, 5:28 PM

Post #13 of 28 (24319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [henry_u/RealityDreamer] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hello Henry.

You have heard alot my friend. Were you at the field on the day? Im afraid the answer is no & so were u there as well? The european's have a standard? please share Smile Yes, both of the B.Malinois were multiple Schh3/IPO3 from Europe & the points from Don in Obedience were very close to them! Don't u think the level of Don is closed to them? Esp, the 'vorous' exercise is for me, near to perfect! The dumbell exercise is also excellent! Yes it is undeniable that Don is a great dog, it was not his best, but when he's good, he's really good. Respect to Peter and Michael. The history of Don makes it even more important for us to give due respect to our top Malaysian trainers, up north and down south.

What kind of suggestion you looking for? Many in Malaysia only talk but don't train or compete. That's what we knew very long time ago! so sad indeed. Frown Don must be a very good dog if you read the NST yesterday... "A massive black German Shepherd looks up at his owner, waiting for his commands.

Have you been to the BSP? No but what about u? Not yet, I hope to one day "Over 50% of the dogs will fail!" which mean the two gentlemen with the german shepherd and belgium shepherd are better than over 50% of the BSP competitors? I give 3 reasons WHY - The weather with +35 degree can kill a lot of European dogs. - For the 'vorous' exercise, with so many of toy breeds surrounded, the really aggression dogs will have them kill! - For that kind of prizes, the German trainers will not bring their dogs to compete. If u dont believe, u can try to invite them. to be fair, +35 degree weathers will definitely kill the dogs without proper conditioning. "the really aggresion dogs will have them kill!"..but isn't TOP SchH (which what the majority of this group of participants are aiming for) about control? This one is just a small friendly competition, afterall, if i'm not mistaken, all the dogs in the competition trained together. It is among friends, but what is important is the sport is introduced and exposed in Malaysia creating an awareness so that more people will/can take part Smile Malaysia have very good handlers/trainers and dogs! Cool

Btw, are you that famous Henry of Malaysia Trained by Mr. Lee? Im afraid, its a secret. ok ok, it shall remain a secret Smile, I did not mean to offend anyone, i hope i didn't offend you, just that it is frustrating to see the direction of the sport in malaysia. But thankfully, puppy.com and MKA are trying their best expose the sport...I'm normally quite friendly one...but can be easily influenced la...so no offence and hopefully i can make more friends.Frown

p/s: my apologies to all here if i was rude. Pirate <--btw, cute icon

here's normally how i speak...

the field is definitely not ideal (too soft, muddy and undulating), can see the helper struggling to get a good footing, especially when driving and catching the dogs.

The organisers definitely had problems controlling the other dogs around the field, in fact i thought, they might face problems, because they asked them to move their dogs away...some people can be sensitive, it's like telling them "go away".

One of the novice dog, actually went for a swim when it saw the pond half way through the routine...prove of how hot it was i guess. In the Novice protection, i notice that a few of them were sniffing near the helper.(wonders whether is there food or something there)

I hope the trial in Juli will try to make it happen as early in the morning as possible, for the dog, handler and helpers sake.

RD, where else is the trial mentioned? Would be good if you can share some of their feedback.

(This post was edited by FoxTrot2 on Jun 22, 2006, 5:37 PM)

henry_u
Novice

Jun 23, 2006, 3:43 AM

Post #14 of 28 (24282 views)
Shortcut

To be fair, to train a dog from puppy until competition level is long long way to go! I believe that a lot of trainers already started to do that but it is really uneasy! You need to have a good dog, good team with sincere heart & crazy enough to help.

On the 15th of July, 2pm, there will be a seminar about Schutzhund training at Iskandar Polo Club (venue). The judge, Mr. Phoompitak will be giving theory class & the workshop will be conduct by Mr. Michael Lee. After that, there's a BBQ in the evening. We really hope that those who have interest about this sport can attend. For the further information, pls contact Dr. Loo (Ipoh).

Hope to see you all with dogs on that day.

Ludoc
Novice

Jun 23, 2006, 7:41 AM

Post #15 of 28 (24273 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I will compete in the pre-Novice Class. Never trained my dog to do retrieve over hurdle and A frame and thus can only do the pre-novice Obd. Hopefully can do SchH1 next time.
Check out MKA website for info on the July competition.

Nando
Novice

Jun 23, 2006, 10:20 PM

Post #16 of 28 (24250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ludoc] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello everybody,

I think the training on 15 July will have more fun, I will bring 3 dogs for training on that day(include Jack Russell). I heard that a group of Singapore Schutzhund trainer and some trainers from Thailand will attend the seminar also.

Hope to see you all .

Ludoc
Novice

Jun 24, 2006, 7:44 AM

Post #17 of 28 (24235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nando] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please register for the seminar and BBQ for catering purpose. Thanks and welcome!

PSD
ALPHA

Jun 27, 2006, 1:37 AM

Post #18 of 28 (24172 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Please register for the seminar and BBQ for catering purpose. Thanks and welcome!

Hi Doc,

Long time no see. Was on the line with SK and only knew about this event from him ....aiyoh...really paiseh having lost touch with the scene due to work restrictions. Will try to drop by for the event and catch up. Really felt good to hear Azman and Peter putting much effort and is paying off now. Wonderful for you to organise this event as well....now SchH got hope in Malaysia.

Henry,

How has the training been? Mike should be a good guru to learn from. Good to see new blood and seriousness into the sport. We needed alot more people like you to move it this sport. How often are you in Ipoh nowadays?

Azman, Peter, Mike, Doc.....you are the spearheads. Way to go. Your dedications is admirable.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

(This post was edited by PSD on Jun 27, 2006, 1:42 AM)

PSD
ALPHA

Jun 27, 2006, 1:58 AM

Post #19 of 28 (24161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Doc,

Can you give me your number again. Wanted to get in touch with you again. I had lost your numbers thanks to my dog taking the phone for a ball game. That is a very costly ball game for me indeed.UnimpressedUnsure

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jun 27, 2006, 8:46 PM

Post #20 of 28 (24129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nando] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello everybody,

I think the training on 15 July will have more fun, I will bring 3 dogs for training on that day(include Jack Russell). I heard that a group of Singapore Schutzhund trainer and some trainers from Thailand will attend the seminar also.

Hope to see you all .

Hello Nando, maybe you can introduce yourself abit. It's good to hear that you will be bringing three dogs for the seminar/training. most of them say that they will come and see, but seldom bring their dogs Frown ...rather see dog then ppl la.... Tongue

Can your JRT do SchH as well? So far I know only of one that can do...got picture some more, haha

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Jun 27, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #21 of 28 (24127 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Doc,

How to register? I can see all the payment details, but can't see registration form la.... Tongue

I'm trying to find out how many from KL, let me know the SOP for registration and I'll get those interested onto the programme asap.

Nando
Novice

Jun 28, 2006, 4:35 AM

Post #22 of 28 (24092 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hello everybody,

Hope to see you all .

Hello Nando, maybe you can introduce yourself abit. It's good to hear that you will be bringing three dogs for the seminar/training. most of them say that they will come and see, but seldom bring their dogs Frown ...rather see dog then ppl la.... Tongue

Can your JRT do SchH as well? So far I know only of one that can do...got picture some more, haha ------------------------------------------------------------ Hello , I prefer people bring their own dog, otherwise you can stay outside look and look but after years go on you still keep on looking,is just a training don't to be shy. My JRT cannot pass Sch , He bite for prey,just some training for fun.Maybe I can show you some heeling work , bline searching. hold n bark, escape and long attack for fun. And if one day the JRT go to the body bitesuit please do not say that he is KNPV. Bye bye!

Ludoc
Novice

Jun 28, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #23 of 28 (24066 views)
Shortcut

The registration form is up for download now. Otherwise you can send me an email. You can also see Nando's JRT doing the Bark and Hold. Very cute!!

colinchin
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2006, 10:09 PM

Post #24 of 28 (24055 views)
Shortcut

Hello Michael,

Welcome on board. Looking forward to meet you. Cheers.

henry_u
Novice

Nov 20, 2006, 9:14 AM

Post #25 of 28 (23708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] What do u think about the obedience of Peter Kong's Don in ScHH1 yesterday (the Olympic Day) ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

Henry,

How has the training been? Good. Mike should be a good guru to learn from. Ya, a very good one indeed! Good to see new blood and seriousness into the sport. We needed alot more people like you to move it this sport. Im just a helper, what possible difference can i make? How often are you in Ipoh nowadays? Not sure but will defintely have training with Dr.Loo when im back, even though only a 2 days break! I will never forget who bring me to this sport years ago & willing to "sacriface" his dogs to allow me to make mistakes.

I thought of replying u by PM but couldnt do it though, might be some error or so.

By the way, how are u lately? Good? Any dog training?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my