Elbow skin red

carmengan
Dog Kichi

Jun 1, 2006, 8:03 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1871 views)
Shortcut
Elbow skin red Can't Post

Hi,

recently i found tat my dog's skin at both elbows are red. the fur looks ok, no bolding sign. only the skin under the fur is red. Could anyone tell me what this is? and how to treat this problem please? Thank u.

chanol
Novice

Jun 1, 2006, 10:56 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmengan] Elbow skin red [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Carmengan,

Suspect is fungal infection. Shave the area bold for the time being & wash the area with anti fungal shampoo twice weekly. Keep the infected area dry all the time. Make sure blow dry dry immediately after bath.

Btw, did your dog keep biting the elbow area?

carmengan
Dog Kichi

Jun 1, 2006, 11:23 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chanol] Elbow skin red [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chanol,

thanks for your prompt reply. is there any good fungal treatment shampoo u can recommend me?

My dog currently is having tick problem too. I'm treating him wif anti tick shampoo and tac-tick the vet gave. hope that have nothing to do with this skin prob.

n no, he doesn't bite the elbow affected area.

alright, I'll shave the affected area bold. thanks again. I'm glad to be in this forum. learned alot from here.

carmengan
Dog Kichi

Jun 2, 2006, 7:36 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1850 views)
Shortcut

Last night when I check Husky's skin problem again more closely, I can confirm the following symptoms:

- skins at both elbow part are red.

- flaky

- No hair loss.

- doesn't seem to be itchy to him. do not see him bite or scratch on it.

meanwhile, i'll try shave that part bold and give him some fish liver oil. Could anyone tell me what does these symptoms point to? I'm currently bathing him with natural herbal shampoo that anti mites once a week as he is having tick problem as well. would that cause the skin problem? The shampoo label states that it is suitable for weekly use.

Please advice.

cheers,Carmen

chanol
Novice

Jun 2, 2006, 9:54 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1847 views)
Shortcut

Dear Carmengan,

From what ur description, it unlikely to be fungal problem. Any way the shampoo is Dermcare Malaseb Medicated Shampoo.

Hope the above will ur dog.
Cheer!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my