Shih Tzu Affraid Of New Puppy

magic
Novice

May 31, 2006, 10:15 PM

Post #1 of 13 (12654 views)
Shortcut
Shih Tzu Affraid Of New Puppy Can't Post

Dear members,

i hv read lots of posts here but don seems to find any answer. My problem start 2weeks ago. My Magic is 4years old now and i brought in a new puppy named BB, shih tzu too. Now after 2weeks my Magic is still affraid of the new comer. She will avoid BB everytime BB try to get close to her and since BB is stil a baby... she always follow Magic everytime. This will turn bad when Magic start running away from BB and that time Magic will run wild jumping the sofa n tables... scare they might get accident later.

Just thinking mayb my Magic don like BB and mayb i might have to give up BB ??? any help please. BTW, my Magic is so pamper that she is scare of all dogs lor... how?

wan
K9 Maniac

Jun 5, 2006, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 13 (12636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [magic] Shih Tzu Affraid Of New Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi I'm sorry I cannot help you on this also. But just wanna know how's condition so far?

Is your Magic better with BB now ?

what if you put them together in an enclose room where Magic will have no place to run will he go crazy ? just wondering.

* ~ My Life Has Changed 23rd June 2008) ~ *

magic
Novice

Jun 5, 2006, 10:02 PM

Post #3 of 13 (12630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wan] Shih Tzu Affraid Of New Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi wan,

BB just went for her 2 jab last week in subang animal clinic in the morning. after her jab i sent her home but forget to cage her. when my dad wen home by noon, both Magic n BB sleeping together and walking side by side... that was for that 1 day only mayb Magic knows BB is in pain from the jab lor.

Now everything starts again. BB follow, Magic avoid then when Magic start running BB start chasing like mad Blush. Magic must have been quite unhappy cos last few days Magic started running from far towards aiming BB and just bang into BB. Luckly my mom was there to block Magic the 1st time but unfortunatelly the 2 & 3 time it hit BB. Worst now, i notice that this 2 time Magic will just turn back n barks badly on BB like she wanna bit BB.

Last night Magic was so mad she barks non-stop at BB and this is killing me Pirate im staying in apartment lor... oso don no how now... its so noisy. Crazy cannot even leave them together, how wanna put in same room... Frown any wild or wired suggestion i mayb can use ka???

wan
K9 Maniac

Jun 7, 2006, 2:39 AM

Post #4 of 13 (12611 views)
Shortcut

hi hi ... at first when I read I thought wah.. good got improvement... wah then back to normal huh?

Hmm.. pening right... I never experience before got 1 dog nia.. first time own dog.

Btw, does your dog like treat I mean love food? If yes then I think still got hope to train him not to be afraid of your BB lor..

magic
Novice

Jun 9, 2006, 9:36 PM

Post #5 of 13 (12590 views)
Shortcut

hi wan,

me oso 1 time owner ... small breed dog. biger breed not so susah cos more independent. aiyo this wan banyak susah. magic love her milk stick but will stil avoid when she c BB coming... hehe very pening hor

worst now, my mom wanted to give BB back to my uncle this weekend n this is real bad news 4 me n my sister lor.

hows ur baby ? big already or stil a puppy ? wat breed wor and pic ka. its so much better with a dog huh ... just love them ALL. btw, im from subang.

wan
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2006, 1:22 AM

Post #6 of 13 (12587 views)
Shortcut

ello Magic....

So means you all give up liao lor is it ? I think really no choice and got better place for that BB than better lor. Instead of making all your life so miserable and the dog also miserable.

MY dog in the pic lor.... his name is Whiskey.. from Beagle breed... he's 6 months old liao.. will grow to medium size about 13 - 15kg..

I'm from PJ nice to meet you.

So you update me lah whether really give it back to your uncle or not bo ?

Eh bigger breed more independant ah? Ya should be lah. Depends on the breed also. My beagle loves attention a lot 1 lor... everyday have to play with him until I sweat so much and so tired la... but still happy...

Your Magic how old ?

vienaong
Novice

Jun 10, 2006, 10:00 AM

Post #7 of 13 (12583 views)
Shortcut

Hi Magic,

I am a shih-tzu owner of two also.....my situation is slightly different fr yours however....i hv a 6 mth female shih-tzu initially and just bought a second male shih-tzu (also 6 mth) last week .... actually not really sure how to introduce the two of them to live in happily in the same home .....i am living in a apartment also

my 1st female shih-tzu is also a pampered dog ... she is allowed to move around in the living room all the time .... however i keep the new coming dog in the cage all the time since the 1st day he came, and only let him out 3-4 times a day to play ard .... and when no body is ard in the house then two of them hv to be in cage side by side .... when they r allowed to play together, they always play hard !!! (just like wrestling) n run fr one end of the living room to the other (i will join them too ...and they will chase after me and i will give them snack.....but also plus biting and humping at times ... so always need my supervision when they r playing together .... if they r playing too hard (almost look like fighting) then i will separate them and put one on the grooming table to put it to a stop....

Mayb u can hv BB in cage most of the time even with u ard.... and let Magic moving freely .... i think this could b a good training for BB since young so he can develope the good habit of only let him out when u want !!! I just can't train my 1st shih-tzu to hv this good habit d .... she will bark like mad till i her out fr cage....huh

hope this suggestion can help to solve ur problem in time before u decide to give BB aways ....Frown

It is fun to hv 2 dogs

magic
Novice

Jun 14, 2006, 9:26 PM

Post #8 of 13 (12565 views)
Shortcut

dear wan

good day 2 u.

good news is my dad allow me to keep til end of dis month. if Magic cannot get along with BB by then its Bye Bye BB d lor. Magic big girls d lor, this sept she wil b 4years old.

anyway i stil don c any improvement but something funny happened on sunday n monday. Magic mayb being angry just n sit on top of BB each time BB try to chase of play with Magic funny huh ? Magic jus sit on top of BB n BB wil jus let it b lor. don no its improvement or wat ever but stil hoping for the best lor.

hows whiskey doin, playful huh. my fren have 1 too n she is so playful v hardly c she sit quitely in 1 place for long... more playful and active the shih tuz i guess.

wan
K9 Maniac

Jun 14, 2006, 9:37 PM

Post #9 of 13 (12562 views)
Shortcut

IS it ? Sounds like got bits of improvement lor. Sit on top of BB sounds really funny lor.. ya dunno is call improvement or what lah. I also dunno hahaha... ya hope for the best lah...

Whiskey ah.. he's ok. U r right lor they hardly can sit still for long time. EVerytime must do something 1 he sit down also must bite something like bite his bone or rope or his toy else wont sit long. Unless really tired...

Different breed got different behaviour lor

(This post was edited by wan on Jun 14, 2006, 9:39 PM)

magic
Novice

Jun 14, 2006, 9:39 PM

Post #10 of 13 (12561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienaong] Shih Tzu Affraid Of New Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

hi viena

good afternoon to u.

im doing almost the same with u lor. Magic gets all d freedom but BB wil b caged every night (bed time) and whenever BB chase Magic till mad i oso cage BBUnsure feel not so fair lor that y all the problem start.

everytime i play running with Magic (in d apartment... keke) BB would love to join n start chasing Magic (biasa lor). this makes Magic go gila so have to cage BB and cannot cage Magic cos she wil bark her lungs out. so very pity BB lor... not her fault but she always kena. same when Magic go in my room ok but wen BB follow Magic will bark like mad and then got to cage BB again... basicly whatever BB do Magic wil bark n cage BB again again and again... very kesian BB lor... sometime at night wen i go to my room to sleep Magic wil follow n then BB will look super kesian Pirate

but i do hope everything wil b fine soon... guess ur 1st baby is like my magic... cannot cage wan lor. somemore in apartment die la after she barks till mpsj oso came my apartment 2 times d lor.

btw, ur apartment management allow pet dogs ? i understand some have started allowing small breed dogs. my aunty apartment at kelana jaya don even allow hamster or fishes... writed on the board... funny huh

julie83
Dog Kichi

Jun 20, 2006, 3:01 AM

Post #11 of 13 (12535 views)
Shortcut

Hi Magic, very interesting post you got there. I'm also very new to have 2 dogs. I've had a GR and then came a Saluki puppy. They got along quite well but she's stll a bit afraid of my GR. Anyway, I read that your Magic keep on hurting and standing on top of your BB. This is a sign of dominance, if i'm not mistaken. Since you already have 2 dogs, for them this is like living in a pack and they need a 'leader' or 'the boss' to teach and discipline them. Thats when you should draw the line. You should always say NO (in a stern voice) to Magic when you see any unpleasant behaviour towards BB and praise Magic when you see she treats BB nicely. Hope that helps Smile

magic
Novice

Jun 24, 2006, 5:05 PM

Post #12 of 13 (12510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie83] Shih Tzu Affraid Of New Puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

dear julie, good morning to u

i oso think its sign of dominance dat Magic keeps goin on top of BB. i try stoping Magic but wil end up caging BB lor... no good leh. i really hope it wil be better real soon, end of the month is coming n if stil like this my mom surely wil return BB. Now BB mo scare already n bits Magic each time Magic go on top of BB. This in return makes Magic run like mad Laugh seriously hope they wil get along soon Crazy Anyway, i have a aunty staying over for a night yeaterday and Magic was so bz with my aunty she mo disturb BB Wink but don no for how long lor.

hmm... don no y Magic already 4years old but scare of BB only 4months young hehe mayb thats life

how old is ur GR when u got saluki wor? would it b my dogs age gap to huge ka?

julie83
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2006, 12:54 PM

Post #13 of 13 (12453 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Morning to you too =)

My GR is 7 yrs old and the puppy is only 9 weeks. Apparently, my GR didn't show any dominance towards her. Perhaps, he thinks 'aiyah..she's only a puppy..she knows who's the boss here' and also i have not seen them play together. I think its beacuse my GR likes to play with older dogs or dogs with the same size as him. I don't think its the age that matters. Perhaps it can the breed. My GR loves attention but he never fight for it. He came to us every now and leave the puppy alone.

I'm just curious. Why do you have to cage BB when Magic attack her? Can you just say 'NO' to Magic and pull them apart? Don't wait until BB bites Magic when Magic goes on top of her. I think you should stop it instead. Keep a close eye on them and use 'aaa...aaa' (thats what i always say to train my puppy) when you notice a fight is on its way.
I would recommend this book to you.You can purchase it from amazon.com or maybe check at your local bookstore.

This woman is doing a tv series about how to train wild dogs and puppies on tv in Sweden. Her methods are really effective. Hope that helps Smile

(This post was edited by julie83 on Jul 1, 2006, 12:57 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my