My puppies like to eat other puppies' poo

shlee
Doggyman

May 24, 2006, 7:41 PM

Post #1 of 5 (10065 views)
Shortcut
My puppies like to eat other puppies' poo Can't Post

Hi,

I got 4 puppies now, only 2 months old. They are mixed poodle. I cage them together when i'm not around and i found out that they like to eat each other's poo, not their own poo. How to stop that? How to let them know eating poo is not correct? They are eating other's poo because for fun? Would it affect their health? I can't stop them because it always happened when i'm not around and they are in the cage.

Need your advice

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 18, 2006, 10:59 AM

Post #2 of 5 (9970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] My puppies like to eat other puppies' poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo, I also having same problem like urs la. They are already 8 months old not puppies anymore but still act like they are. Have to clean immediately after they done but when no one at home then they will be partying whole day la. So disgusting when saw them eating poop, yucks! Tried smack them on the mouth when they do it, priase so hard when they do correct by walking area from the poop but still did the same. kek sei ngoh la, arrghhhh.... Please anyone can help us? Please give some ideas.

shlee
Doggyman

Jun 19, 2006, 6:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (9960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallychuah] My puppies like to eat other puppies' poo [In reply to] Can't Post

I got 4 new puppies now. They are being caged together when i'm not around. So they like to eat each other's poo poo. I don't know they eat poo for fun or they feel hungry? When i let them run free, sometimes they will also eat poo poo, i will scold them when i saw it. But hard to control them as most of the time i'm not with them!

julie83
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2006, 3:32 PM

Post #4 of 5 (9912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] My puppies like to eat other puppies' poo [In reply to] Can't Post

errm...i don't think its a good idea for 4 puppies to live together in a cage. Can you put them in seperate cage instead? Also, its no point to scold them because they've done the same mistake while you were gone. You have to supervise each of them closely and teach them the right thing to do. They have to be taught while they're still young otherwise eating poo will be a norm to them. I don't mean to be rude but why have 4 puppies when you don't have time for them? Just my curiosity.

shlee
Doggyman

Jul 3, 2006, 7:21 PM

Post #5 of 5 (9900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie83] My puppies like to eat other puppies' poo [In reply to] Can't Post

I only cannot accompany my puppies when i'm working. Other than that i can play with them and accompany them. I almost spend all my time for them during weekend. So i don't think i should give them away. I cage them together because they can play together. If i caged them separately, they will be feeling very lonely. Don't you think so? Don't worry, the cage i bought for them is big enough for them to move around

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my