Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Admin

May 22, 2006, 8:01 PM

Post #1 of 30 (26861 views)
Shortcut
Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A Can't Post

Post your questions here on Malaysia Dog Olympic Day, if there any.

Amanda85
Doggyman

May 22, 2006, 11:26 PM

Post #2 of 30 (26836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Admin] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure whether i got misunderstand d webpage a not...

2 participate in agility trial v need 2 pay RM25 (member) or RM50 (non-member)??

do v actually get certification of participation or a certification or completion??

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on May 22, 2006, 11:50 PM)

Admin

May 23, 2006, 5:19 PM

Post #3 of 30 (26790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

Certificate will be issued for competitors that complete a qualifying run. And Yes, entry fee for the Trial is as stated on the pages at http://www.puppy.com.my/olympic/

(This post was edited by Admin on May 23, 2006, 5:22 PM)

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 24, 2006, 9:44 AM

Post #4 of 30 (26746 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Post your questions here on Malaysia Dog Olympic Day, if there any.

Really glad 2 hear dat ppycom will b organizing d 1st agility trial in dis country. Some queries on d trial itself:

1. Will it be a novice level course and how many obstacles will there be on d course?

2. How high will d hurdles b for d Mini n Maxi dog categories?

3. Will d Mini n Maxi dogs be using d same equipment eg. pause table?

4. How many runs will each participant b allowed to make?

5. Will participants be allowed some warm-up practice on d obstacles on d day itself?

6. Will d certificates go towards d earning of agility titles?

Tq

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

Admin

May 25, 2006, 6:32 AM

Post #5 of 30 (26691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

We will update that on the agility section of Olympic pages in a day. Do check that out later.

Admin

May 26, 2006, 1:37 AM

Post #6 of 30 (26623 views)
Shortcut

Our replies as follow :-

1. Will it be a novice level course and how many obstacles will there be on d course?
>> The course will be setup on the competition day and the number of obstables to be setup will be decided by the Judge.

2. How high will d hurdles b for d Mini n Maxi dog categories?
>> The jump height will be around 300mm for the Mini and 550mm for Maxi. The actual height will be fixed by the Judge.

3. Will d Mini n Maxi dogs be using d same equipment eg. pause table?
>> Different pause table.

>> One run each participant.

5. Will participants be allowed some warm-up practice on d obstacles on d day itself?
>> No.

6. Will d certificates go towards d earning of agility titles?
>> Yes it will goes toward earning Puppycom Agility Dog Title.

(This post was edited by Admin on May 26, 2006, 1:45 AM)

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 26, 2006, 8:59 AM

Post #7 of 30 (26597 views)
Shortcut

Thanks. Will appreciate any further info dat u cn share with regards 2 d trial.

Just a comment, RM50/ RM25 does appear rather steep for just 1 trial run ... bearing in mind dat 1 run only lasts < 50 secs.

Am trying 2 get friends 2 take part but dey r thinking twice bcoz of d fees n d chance 2 only run d course once. Personally feel dat a lower fee or allowing 2-3 runs per team wld b more appealing 2 spectators n generate further interest n participation in d sport, after all dis is d very 1st time an agility trial of any sort is being held here. Can understand d strict rules if agility is already an established sport in Msia.

Guess its ur prerogative as organisers ...

Admin

May 26, 2006, 3:15 PM

Post #8 of 30 (26585 views)
Shortcut

That we will have to communicate with the Judge to see what he say. From there, we will make further announcement if needed.

Nevertheless, what we can do it to have each participant take one official run for the trial and the time and fault recorded (if any) will be used to decide the official winners of the Official Agility Trial. After the official time taken, each participants can be invited to run a further two times to be judged again but the time will not considered for the Official Agility Trial and instead considered as timing for Novice Agiltiy Competition (just an idea that I can think of at present) . Anyway, the organizing committee will discuss on this issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

(This post was edited by Admin on May 26, 2006, 3:23 PM)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2006, 5:14 PM

Post #9 of 30 (26575 views)
Shortcut

Hie,

Just wondering, has the decoy for the SchH trial been appointed?

Regards

Admin

May 26, 2006, 5:18 PM

Post #10 of 30 (26571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

The Decoy (helper) for Sch Trial has been appointed.

FoxTrot2
Novice

May 26, 2006, 6:03 PM

Post #11 of 30 (26558 views)
Shortcut

Dear Admin,

Do you mind sharing who exactly the decoy/helper will be?

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

May 26, 2006, 6:08 PM

Post #12 of 30 (26557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FoxTrot2] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes appreciate it if you can share the name of the helper since we know who's the judge is already. Unless, of course, it cannot be revealed at the moment.

Regards

Admin

May 26, 2006, 6:37 PM

Post #13 of 30 (26547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

We will discuss among organizing committee and come back to you on this.

sweety
Novice

May 27, 2006, 12:39 AM

Post #14 of 30 (26495 views)
Shortcut

Hey there! I'm so excited for the upcoming Dog Olympic Event!!! The Games & Contests looks so interesting!

I was wondering whether do we have to pay a certain ammount of fee to participate in the Games and Competition segment? Crazy CHEERS!

Admin

May 27, 2006, 12:42 AM

Post #15 of 30 (26494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweety] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

It is free to participate in all the 12 games. Just be there early to register yourself at the registration counter.

sweety
Novice

May 27, 2006, 12:49 AM

Post #16 of 30 (26491 views)
Shortcut

THANKS Admin for the info!

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 27, 2006, 1:18 AM

Post #17 of 30 (26486 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Nevertheless, what we can do it to have each participant take one official run for the trial and the time and fault recorded (if any) will be used to decide the official winners of the Official Agility Trial. After the official time taken, each participants can be invited to run a further two times to be judged again but the time will not considered for the Official Agility Trial and instead considered as timing for Novice Agiltiy Competition (just an idea that I can think of at present) . Anyway, the organizing committee will discuss on this issue.

Great idea! With more attempts over 2 formats, am certain dat most agility enthusiasts will sign up 2 run in d trials. Thks 4 considering n hope d committee will decide favourably on d matter.

Just another matter u may wish 2 highlight 2 participants coz d rules arent dat clear ie. whether or not treats/toys will be allowed in d ring? Strictly speaking both dog n handler ought 2 b running ‘naked’ (without accessories) but u may wanna make an exemption shld d novice competition get d go ahead … coz most agility dogs here r still very new 2 d sport n tend 2 rely on treats/ toys 4 added motivation during d run itself.

shyeow2
Canine Addict

May 27, 2006, 2:26 AM

Post #18 of 30 (26471 views)
Shortcut

>> One run each participant.

>> No.

just a little bit surprise.. hope puppy forum will consider allow some warm up during the trial.

btw, is there a mistake on the online form stated there " Entry Fee is RM 30.00 per dog. " or fill online can get discount?

thanks
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

(This post was edited by shyeow2 on May 27, 2006, 2:30 AM)

Admin

May 27, 2006, 2:46 AM

Post #19 of 30 (26464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a mistake and it has been corrected. Thanks for highlighting to us.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

May 27, 2006, 8:05 AM

Post #20 of 30 (26439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

>> No.

just a little bit surprise.. hope puppy forum will consider allow some warm up during the trial.

Wink My sentiments exactly. Again, can understand d strict rules if agility is already an established sport in Msia n v r running at intermediate or advanced levels.

But d sport is still in its infant stages n most agility folks here arent as fortunate 2 hv deir own equipt 2 constantly train with, particularly d contact obstacles. Even in Western nations, warm up runs r sometimes still seen in novice class trials. At d minimum, dogs r usually allowed 2 try out d contact obstacles coz dese obstacles cn vary quite significantly from 1 club to another.

Dis is only d 1st agility trial n informal participation shld b encouraged. No point in making it so strict n rule based only 2 find dogs struggling 2 complete d course. Allowing practice runs on certain obstacles will go a long way in making d trial n sport accessible 2 all. Just a short 2 minute session for all wld b sufficient.

D basic rule of doing agilityis dat it shld b fun 4 both handler n dog ... n trials shld b an extension of dat.

(This post was edited by groovemaster on May 27, 2006, 8:29 AM)

FoxTrot2
Novice

May 29, 2006, 7:24 PM

Post #21 of 30 (26356 views)
Shortcut

Hello Admin,

Any news on the helper?

Regards

Admin

May 29, 2006, 8:54 PM

Post #22 of 30 (26341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FoxTrot2] Malaysia Dog Olympic Day Q&A [In reply to] Can't Post

The helpers will be Jason Loh and Henry.

Admin

May 30, 2006, 6:27 AM

Post #23 of 30 (26315 views)
Shortcut

Pages on Agility has been updated.

www.puppy.com.my/olympic/agilityevent.html

with the following added.

All entries for the Agility Trial will also be automatically enrolled in the Novice Agility Competition to be held shortly after the Agility Trial. The Novice Agility Competition will be more relax and the details as follow:-
  • Each participant will be allowed to have two runs each and the best score of the two run will be considered for final placing.
  • The course will either be similar to that of the actual trial or with lesser obstacles and equipments.
  • Toy and treats are allowed for the run but there should be no touching of dogs.

(This post was edited by Admin on May 30, 2006, 3:01 PM)

MOYSC
Novice

May 30, 2006, 5:41 PM

Post #24 of 30 (26291 views)
Shortcut
Agility Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Admin,

Can I ask what is the objective of the Agility Trial? Pls correct me if I'm wrong....the word "trial" doesn't it indicate it is meant as a preliminary testing session?

For dogs which have not been exposed to agility equipments, can they take part? From the details indicated in the agility trial, it appears that this 'trial' was meant for 'experienced' dogs & owners.

I intend to train my dog with agility equipments but I do not know whether she's capable, as she has not been exposed before. How can I enrol in an agility trial for beginners before deciding whether or not she can be accepted into an agility class? What are the charges & whether your company could arrange training sessions held near Subang Jaya/USJ areas?

Awaiting your response.

Thank you.

MOYSC

Admin

May 30, 2006, 6:10 PM

Post #25 of 30 (26286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOYSC] Agility Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

It actually mean actual competition. To participate in the Agility Trial, your dog need to undergone training for agility sports for many months and you must be able to run your dog off leash to clear a series of obstacles.

To join the agility training, refer to http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my