Home: Behavioral Problems: Dominant Dog Issues:
Why is he behaving so?

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 19, 2006, 7:12 AM

Post #1 of 3 (8357 views)
Shortcut
Why is he behaving so? Can't Post

I have a GR and he is about to turn 7 this july. My bf's mother used to take care of him when he was a pup everyday when my bf was at school. I think now my dog got attached to her too much and sometimes when he and i left her place, my dog would stopped suddenly asking me to go back.Mad Like today, it happened again and it was embarassing to have a tug-of-war with him by the street. He was so stubborn and i was so mad. He just sat down and didn't want to walk with me. I was actually planning to take him for a long walk but too bad, he ruined it. I won't take him to her place again if he's behaving so..because i don't want my dog to think that there's HIS home. Am i doing the right thing? Do give me your views.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

May 19, 2006, 8:26 PM

Post #2 of 3 (8349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [julie83] Why is he behaving so? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ask yourself a few questions before you are getting mad with the dog.Firstly, does he behaves the same when bf’s mother is taking him for a walk? If yes, then he might have a health problem and does not like to walk. If he follows her happily but does not follow you then it might be just the bonding. How much time do you spend with the dog? How much did she spend with him? Plan some activities, some games, do the grooming and feeding and he will be attached to you in no time. Good luck.

julie83
Dog Kichi

May 20, 2006, 2:06 AM

Post #3 of 3 (8342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Why is he behaving so? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks. yeah, i'll work out on the bonding part and see if there's any changes Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my