Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
HELP!!!URGENT!!!

luvly307
Novice

May 6, 2006, 7:24 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1136 views)
Shortcut
HELP!!!URGENT!!! Can't Post

My pup is a toy poodle which not yet 2months. She got infected cough quite seriously, and now is taking medicine. Lately,i'm potty training her. I put her cage against the toilet door, the cage fit perfectly the saiz of the door, and she will never run and olycan access to her cage and toilet. Before i did that, yesterday i found out that her poo got human's hair inside!!!Big shock!!!Another serious thing is, while today i was companing her to pee, she keeping on licking the wet floor of the toilet!!! Moreover, she's licking at her wet legs too!!! God!!! She was also trying to licked and bite the broken part of my wood door!!! I'm fainting!!! Anyone can tell me wat is these all abt?! Wat's going on? Wat should i do!!!(She's going to take the 2nd injection next week)

cyling
Dog Kichi

May 6, 2006, 5:27 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luvly307] HELP!!!URGENT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is quite normal for puppy to lick and chew/bite anything they found. They are just curious little babies. In addition, she is new to your house, everything is new to her. She is just trying to "know", "taste" and be familiar with her house more.

My Hero also did the same, he is 7 months and already been to my house for 2 months, he still licks the water on the toilet floor, smell the wooden part of the toilet door and trying to "dig" and bite the wooden part. So I will ensure the toilet floor is always clean from whatever dirt and detergen. At the same time, I am fixing this by consistently saying NO when he tries to lick the toilet floor and "dig" the woodern part of the toilet door. He will stop for a while but continue when i turned around Unimpressed

If he is licking the water, I will say NO and guide him to his water bowl/bottle to let him know he is suppose to drink only the water from there. And now he knows the "WATER" command to to drink HIS water. Tongue

I let Hero free walk in my car porch. In the beginning, He smells, bites, chews and licks eveything he saw. Stones, leaves, ants, water on the floor ( after raining ). Anyway, he bites and licks less often now. He only chews on the leaves now.

They are dog, everything they see is on the surface of the floor, esp puppies, they are short. Eveything on the floor will seems to be very big to them and they are curious. Try to lower head and position your eyes on their eye's level and you can feel how they see thing. Tongue

At first, I was so protective and guarded him every second so to make him bahave like human. Once he start licking or chewing something on the floor, I carry him away. But he will continue that later. He is just a puppy! So I learn to let him to explore the world. Slowly he learns what is "tasty" and what is not Tongue Of course, I still have to keep an eye on him every second to make sure he is picking the safe thing.

HAHA.. hair in poo poo... My Hero also have hair in his poo poo for once. May be he accidently swollow the hair which curled or stick to his cewing bones. I dun think he purposely "eat" the hair, it won't be confortable to swallow the hair ( Mine is long hair ).

Hero sneezed a lot and cough in th first week in my house. Not sure if this is similar to the coughing as your poodel gal. But after taking his medication, he is fine now. Just sneezing once a while.

Give her time, she is growing and learning everyday. Wink Also give yourself time to get used to a puppy in your life. Be alert but dun stress yourself so much. Enjoy the process. Frown

Visit Hero and Casper's Blog

luvly307
Novice

May 6, 2006, 9:06 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyling] HELP!!!URGENT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fiu...really thanks a lot for those info, it really cool my mind down. I think i kw wat i have to do now, Thanks a lot ya!!!Blush

cyling
Dog Kichi

May 8, 2006, 4:24 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luvly307] HELP!!!URGENT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe.. New puppy/dog owner just like a parent to new borned baby. sure very 'kan cheong' .. little little thing already got worry and got stress up Tongue Lets learn together with our furbaby Laugh

wenwen
Enthusiast

May 16, 2006, 6:01 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1082 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyling] HELP!!!URGENT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yup i agree wt cyling

when i first got Roccio i oso very kan cheong wan..he sneeze a bit oso i tot he gt flu ...hehe think back so farny la

bt muz b careful oso la..puppy easily get infected...as long as u keep ur puppy clean n regular check on him shd b fine..

make sure his tongue n gums r owiz healthily pinkish.the nose mz nt b dry or too watery..jz a lil wet la..n u can oso check his eyes.. pull up the upper eyelid n make sure the the white portion does nt turn to yellow or grey or any other color la...white is owiz good...is poopy no bleed n he doesnt vomit then everythin shd b fine... ur puppy shd b in good shape n grow up to b a healthy doggie..i'm nt pro la..jz somethin i learn fr others so hope tis lil info might help..

if u noe any other tips dun mind sharing wt us oso ya...we all here wnna learn more oso Wink

cyling
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2006, 4:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wenwen] HELP!!!URGENT!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I also know nothing much.. Just try to be alert see if there is any changes in his body Smile

Also learning from other memeber over here Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my