Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
UK Vets Unite Against Over-Vaccination!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

colinchin
Enthusiast

Jan 2, 2009, 7:31 PM

Post #26 of 27 (5707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steffy1811] UK Vets Unite Against Over-Vaccination! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
wah.....why so much confusion going on....... Crazy

You're lucky in a way you got chickenpox as a child. Cos once past childhood and you still havent kena, you better go for the jab as Varicella Zoster (chickenpox virus) is more fatal in adults than a child! But dont laugh too soon yet as the virus is still in you. It's hibernating somewhere along your nerve's pathway and waiting for its time to resurface and this time around as Herpes Zoster, they shall be called SHINGLES. Some lucky ones will never get shingles in their entire lifetime. Many, as they get older usually pass 70 years old, sure will kena once shingles. And shingles are known to reappear again and again and again. The only relief are symptomatic like using creams and lotion. Or find chinese sensei lor. So basically the virus is mutating in ur nerve's pathway to become herpes zoster lor!

The vaccine for chickenpox are using dormant viruses. Means not dead and yet not potent. It's just there to trigger ur body to produce immunity and so far studies have not shown that these dormant ones will mutate to be herpes zoster. I never had chickenpox as a child and so I took the jab. I rather take the jab, take my bet 20 years down the road than to suffer with chickenpox at this age.

steffy1811, Does it mean that anyone who had chicken pox before will not contract Herpes Zoster later on in life ? Thanks.

Riccaval
ALPHA

Aug 10, 2009, 6:18 PM

Post #27 of 27 (5560 views)
Shortcut
Awareness about over vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Some info on the above, this time from down under

http://www.smh.com.au/...s-20090731-e4f7.html

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my