wat brand of shampoo?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

josephinegys
Novice

Apr 28, 2006, 11:00 AM

Post #1 of 36 (25679 views)
Shortcut
wat brand of shampoo? Can't Post

hey every1..im wonderin wat kinda shampoo is suitable gor my poodle..i used da normal dog shampoo fr a pet shop n it's reli no good n i came across with this forum n sum of u say human shampoo reli works well..so i tried sunsilk yogurt protien..at 1st is stil ok but now my baby's fur get tangled n i brush his fur quite often but stil tangled so i try with conditioner fr VS..but it's stil tangled..n im havin a real hard time 2 comb his hair n i feel he feels pain sumtimes..so i reli need ur professional advice..10s alot!!hav a nice day every1!!

corbelden
Novice

May 1, 2006, 6:23 AM

Post #2 of 36 (25647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [josephinegys] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Best is to try the vet, they can recommend you the shampoo & conditioner. I have a Maltese & i only use a normal lavender shampoo on him which was recommended by the vet & i comb & brush his hair everyday.

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 15, 2006, 4:11 AM

Post #3 of 36 (25418 views)
Shortcut

josephinegys...

my advice is : better dont use human shampoo.. becus the pH is differen. in the end, not nice coat.. might even harsh the dog's skin...

better go buy a proper dog shampo.. and puppy one if ur kid is still a puppy...im using groomer's edge midnight white.. not bad though...

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 15, 2006, 10:06 PM

Post #4 of 36 (25405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

For everyone info. All my Silkies use human shampoo & conditioner from puppy time till adult. No skin & hair problem, to my surprise my dogs don't even have any ticks & fleas! The result healthy skin with shinny and manageble coat.

To those who are confident on human products & also can afford it. I highly recommended this brand to all Silky and long coated breed dog owners. So far this is the best Shampoo & Conditioner I experience it on my Silkies. My previous experience on human product on all my silkies are Pantene, Sunsilk, Clairo, & Wella.

How much?
Shampoo RM115 - 1 litre
Conditioner RM120 - 1 litre

Where to get it?
http://www.shins.com.my/

Direction guildeline:
Shampoo - Pump 5 time or less in an empty bottle (325ml) mix about 100ml clean water & shake.
Wet your Silky hair & pour the shampoo and massage evenly then rinse well.
Conditioner - Pump 5 time or less in a empty bottle (325ml) mix about 100ml clean water & shake.
Apply the conditioner evenly through hair from the root to end and leave it about 3-5 minute. Rinse thoroughly.
Lastly, towel dry the hair & used a hair dryer to blow dry the hair at the sametime use a pin brush to brush the hair. Always turn the hair dryer to COOL air. You will see how easy you comb the hair without any tangle even the hair is wet! You be amaze!!!
The Shampoo & Conditioner is HIGHLY concentrated.

Good Luck and happy trying!!!

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 15, 2006, 11:38 PM

Post #5 of 36 (25401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

chrisong..

ic.. wow ! ur silkies not bad.. isit cos of breed ? my fren's maltese use sunsilk and the nex few hours the fur become dry and tangled.. hmmm.. and abt the fleas and ticks..u mean even if after bath they go out and no tick and flea?

i realise i dilute the shampoo in water, and no lather come out of Molly's coat.. is this normal ? i experience one is just like pour the water on the dog.. wat i shud do?

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 16, 2006, 2:17 AM

Post #6 of 36 (25398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
chrisong..

ic.. wow ! ur silkies not bad.. isit cos of breed ? my fren's maltese use sunsilk and the nex few hours the fur become dry and tangled.. hmmm.. and abt the fleas and ticks..u mean even if after bath they go out and no tick and flea?

i realise i dilute the shampoo in water, and no lather come out of Molly's coat.. is this normal ? i experience one is just like pour the water on the dog.. wat i shud do?

Its up to individual what they believe. Some say human shampoo & conditioner is no good. But my Silkies is my evidence to all dog owners, is proof the product is VERY good for dog hair. Even international top show breeders used human shampoo & conditioner on their dogs.

Regarding about your friend maltese. Did he use conditioner after shampoo? I don;t think so. Alot dog owner less out this very important thing that is 'Conditioner'. Conditioner is very most important for our doggie hair. After shampoo MUST apply conditioner on their hair. It help repait the dry hair at the sametime prevent tangle. That mean less tangle, less breakage & the hair will grow long without split end.

Yes. I bring my silkies out for walk daily, dog shows, & doggie events. They wouldn't get any ticks & fleas. I not sure is because of the human shampoo & conditioner but my silkies never got any ticks & fleas before. I don't use Frontline cause it will dry & damage my Silkies hair.

Some shampoo have less lather. Just follow the instruction I mention about.

Good LuckWink

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 17, 2006, 3:24 AM

Post #7 of 36 (25388 views)
Shortcut

chrisong..

sodesne... icic.. ya maybe my friend's maltese din use conditioner...

will advice her on the brand u use.. see lo how her maltese fur after that.. if good, i may consider the shampoo u mentioned Sly

one good thing abt Molly's fur is it is short.. although the neck, feet and ears fur are long.. easy to mintain

never knew conditioners are that great to prevent split ends will try on my Molly soon ...

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Oct 19, 2006, 2:36 AM

Post #8 of 36 (25375 views)
Shortcut

eh looks like ur the doggied hair stylist ah??? wanna ask u something la, on the top portion of zeus's body, his hair is a lilttle long, scruffy & rough...but on the rest on his body all nice wor, anyway i can do to solve this matter

ezekiel 25:17

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 19, 2006, 3:28 AM

Post #9 of 36 (25372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it because of the JRT breed?

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Oct 20, 2006, 11:51 PM

Post #10 of 36 (25360 views)
Shortcut

he has a wired coat though, it is actually got to do with his breed but its a little too much ade Unsure can use conditioner ah???

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 23, 2006, 3:51 AM

Post #11 of 36 (25337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
he has a wired coat though, it is actually got to do with his breed but its a little too much ade Unsure can use conditioner ah???

I think short coated breed like JRT no need use conditioner lor. JRT coat tend to shed & changing coat right. Not like Silky Terrier as this breed their coat shed very little and it grow long like human hair.

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Oct 28, 2006, 3:00 AM

Post #12 of 36 (25313 views)
Shortcut

haha i think ur rite Smile

equise
Novice

Oct 30, 2006, 6:26 AM

Post #13 of 36 (25299 views)
Shortcut
wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

defnitely chris shampoo. Chris are a range of grooming product imported from US specially for dog showing people. Which is why their products are at the highest quality. They're shampoo, which consist of

clean start - for dogs with broken dried hair. use clean start as a introductory shampoo to heal the coat.

day to day - a very mild natured shampoo that will not cause hair to dry up even if used everyday, unlike other shampoos.

day to day conditioner - to be used after day to day shampoo to condition and moisturise coat.

white on white - contains no bleach whatsoever. especially for white, cream or peach colored dogs. Brings out whiteness. Does not cause coat to dry up like other whitening shampoos

gold on gold - for dogs that are golden, brown or apricot. Brings out color. Does not dry up coat.

black on black - for black dogs to avoid black coat from turning red. does not dry up coat.

thick n thicker - a protein treatment to strenghten hair, thickens hair, and volumizes hair texture.

after bath - neutralizes shampoo residues in coat, n to remove static from coat. ease brushing.

this whole range of shampoo can only be found in house of groomers subang jaya or plaza damas. for more information, please email me

sun-arrow

Dec 2, 2006, 1:15 AM

Post #14 of 36 (25204 views)
Shortcut

If you really want your dog's fur to be shiny and beautiful, feed it a good oil which contains the omega fatty acids 3, 6. A proven product is solid gold's flax seed oil. If not, just get a good fish oil which u can eat with your dog. Or like me, give timberwolf dry food to the dog, you will see the result in weeks.

I really think your dog lacks of oil, thats why the coat tangled up easily. Try to brush your dog before bathing, if not, the tangles will tighten with water.

Try to stay clear of products with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, it's a foaming agent that will dry up the skin. Few good brands will be chris , all system number 1 and hansen. Use conditioners too.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 4, 2006, 4:58 PM

Post #15 of 36 (25183 views)
Shortcut

hi chris,

i hv been using doggie shampoo for my 2 pups....but yes, i agree...i think conditioner is essential...so it should be alright if i use human conditioner on them rite? any brand oso is fine rite? coz am thinking of using sunsilk conditioner...heheheeh..i like sunsilkWink

but anyway, mine is toy poodle and shih tzu...my shih tzu oso not very long coat...so shud b fine if i use human shampoo & conditioner on them, rite? shampoo here refer to hair shampoo and not body shampoo, rite?

thanks Smile

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

(This post was edited by jessicaohh on Dec 4, 2006, 5:02 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2006, 5:23 AM

Post #16 of 36 (25176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup. Human hair shampoo & conditioner.

If can buying more expensive human shampoo & conditioner is better la Example those 100% natural human product used in spa wan. That wan better but @%$ expensive la.

Me currently using Fudge on my furkids. So far so good. I like the result.

A Singaporean friend of mine recomended using L'oreal. Crazy I no money later I got my bonus I sure buy L'oreal and try it out(for mine dog not meUnsure). LOL My self only use follow me

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2006, 5:53 PM

Post #17 of 36 (25168 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yeah yeah....i think it is very normal that we tend to give our furkids the best...for ourselves, chin chai oniWink

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 6, 2006, 6:39 AM

Post #18 of 36 (25157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

New here but this subject interests me. I have been trying to figure out if human shampoo is really good for my dog. Cos i have been told many times that the PH level of human shampoo is not suitable for dogs. Also 2 in 1 shampoo is not good for dogs too. Shampoo remove natural nutrients and oil while conditioner replenishes back what is being lost. So how does a 2 in 1 shampoo works?? Any comments?

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 6, 2006, 4:40 PM

Post #19 of 36 (25150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_tan2004] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

Never used 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner.

Even you use good brand good shampoo & conditioner there don't have 2 in 1.

They say PH are different right? Anyone know wat are dog PH???

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 6, 2006, 5:24 PM

Post #20 of 36 (25149 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chrisong,

Are you showing Silky Terrier? I prefer Yorkshire Terrier though Wink I heard many Silky and Yorky Terrier breeders are using Panthane. For me, i am still searching for the right shampoo for my dog. I own 1 yorky by the way. I did a search on the net and have observed some sites recommending Vellus and Pure Paws. Any feedback on these 2 brands? Is it available in Malaysia?

Love your Silky Terriers!! Smile

jay_tan2004
Novice

Dec 6, 2006, 5:44 PM

Post #21 of 36 (25148 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Never used 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner.

Even you use good brand good shampoo & conditioner there don't have 2 in 1.

They say PH are different right? Anyone know wat are dog PH???

What i found from the net,

"It is important to wash your pet with shampoo that was specifically designed for your pet. The use of human shampoo on your pet will hurt your pet’s skin, not help it. The main difference between pet and people shampoo is the pH balance, or measure of how acidic a substance is.

Shampoo designed specifically for humans has a pH balance of 5.5. Pet shampoo has a pH of 7.5. On the pH scale, seven is neutral, while anything below that is more acidic. The more acidic shampoo is both good for humans, and helps to keep our hair healthy. However, this level of acidity is harmful to pets. This can be compared to babies. Parents use shampoo specifically designed for babies because adult shampoos are too harsh for a baby’s soft, delicate head. Likewise, adult human shampoo is too harsh for your pet’s gentle skin and fur.

Pet shampoos are specifically formulated to be gentle on your pet’s skin. These products also help to nourish your pet’s fur to give it a healthy, shiny appearance. Another important reason to use pet specific shampoo is that it moisturizes the skin. Healthy skin will both help prevent your pet from getting skin problems and improve your pet’s overall health...."

It does make sense though Wink

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 6, 2006, 6:03 PM

Post #22 of 36 (25146 views)
Shortcut

Ya I showing my Silkies.

You will heard mostly oversea show breeders used human shampoo & conditioner. Yes, you are right they like using Pantene Brand.

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 6, 2006, 6:07 PM

Post #23 of 36 (25143 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What i found from the net,

"It is important to wash your pet with shampoo that was specifically designed for your pet. The use of human shampoo on your pet will hurt your pet’s skin, not help it. The main difference between pet and people shampoo is the pH balance, or measure of how acidic a substance is.

Shampoo designed specifically for humans has a pH balance of 5.5. Pet shampoo has a pH of 7.5. On the pH scale, seven is neutral, while anything below that is more acidic. The more acidic shampoo is both good for humans, and helps to keep our hair healthy. However, this level of acidity is harmful to pets. This can be compared to babies. Parents use shampoo specifically designed for babies because adult shampoos are too harsh for a baby’s soft, delicate head. Likewise, adult human shampoo is too harsh for your pet’s gentle skin and fur.

Pet shampoos are specifically formulated to be gentle on your pet’s skin. These products also help to nourish your pet’s fur to give it a healthy, shiny appearance. Another important reason to use pet specific shampoo is that it moisturizes the skin. Healthy skin will both help prevent your pet from getting skin problems and improve your pet’s overall health...."

It does make sense though Wink

Years of Experiencing the products on your pets is the best evidence whether the products work well or making it worst.

You need to expericing it yourself using human product or pet product on your dog. You will notice the different.

(This post was edited by chrisong on Dec 6, 2006, 6:09 PM)

babymiki
Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2006, 1:16 AM

Post #24 of 36 (25099 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yup. Human hair shampoo & conditioner.

If can buying more expensive human shampoo & conditioner is better la Example those 100% natural human product used in spa wan. That wan better but @%$ expensive la.

Me currently using Fudge on my furkids. So far so good. I like the result.

A Singaporean friend of mine recomended using L'oreal. Crazy I no money later I got my bonus I sure buy L'oreal and try it out(for mine dog not meUnsure). LOL My self only use follow me

Chris,

loreal which range? Wink

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 18, 2006, 1:08 AM

Post #25 of 36 (25090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] wat brand of shampoo? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess is the expensive range of L'orealUnsure

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my