First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

egretaus
Novice

Apr 17, 2008, 8:24 AM

Post #51 of 69 (11960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redhand] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear redhand,

i dunno wat u had experience in PAWS but as my personal opinions i think the pups at there are cutes. maybe they are not as cute as the pure breed pups but im sure the mongrels are more clever & obedience than the pure breed. maybe this is their nature. Hope you wouldnt give up to help the hopeless as the others might help you back in the future. Frown

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 23, 2008, 5:43 PM

Post #52 of 69 (11722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egretaus] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
im sure the mongrels are more clever & obedience than the pure breed. maybe this is their nature.

AGREE!!mongrel know how to cross the busy road,find food in tong sampah......even they can survive without owner.....n my neighbour house got a mongrel,but is not belongs to them.....it juz come to their house n eat there sleep there....if tat is a pure breed.....open the door n run away....even dunno how to cross the roadPirate

mbless
K9 Kaki

Apr 25, 2008, 9:46 AM

Post #53 of 69 (11628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually if a pedigree is brought up like a mongrel, allowing to roam the streets, they will be the same... no difference coz they are still dogs. Pure breeds are pampered by their owners... so they lost some of their instinct. They would not know how to find food coz they are fed regularly so no need to hunt for food. They are sheltered, loved, slept on soft beddings... so no need to rough it out on the streets. And so if they are thrown out later, they would not know what to do. My mongrel would not know how to look for food should I throw her out. She is well taken care and lives indoor and would be as dumb as a pure breed if on the road on her own.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 25, 2008, 6:03 PM

Post #54 of 69 (11615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

haiz....u know how to train the dog do not run out from the door anot?my dog sure run out if the gate is openingPirate

hammy
Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2008, 6:53 AM

Post #55 of 69 (11591 views)
Shortcut

tis one need time one... mus teach slowly lor.. 1st when u wan to go out, don make it a big deal... go out diam diam keluar.. then whenever u open the door, u must tell him NO... very very tegas one... few times sure wont listen to u.. must *piak piak* the pet pet der.. hehe... but dont so hard la... my dog till now still learning but ok compare to last time... las time i need 30 minutes to chase him around... Frown

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 26, 2008, 4:41 PM

Post #56 of 69 (11587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hammy] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

but if run out veli hard to chase de......if'piak piak' she will show me innocent face.....even when she bite something ,i'piak piak' her,she oso use her paws to cover she face......damn funny la

RoyBlue
Novice

May 1, 2008, 8:44 PM

Post #57 of 69 (11371 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
haiz....u know how to train the dog do not run out from the door anot?my dog sure run out if the gate is openingPirate

Here's a few things you can do to train your dog.

1. Get someone to hold the leash of the dog while you open the gate. If the dog tries to lunge for the exit, say "No" firmly and look the dog in the eyes. Once the dog calms down and stops trying to escape. Command him to sit and give it a treat. In due time, the dog will associate that not rushing outside will be in relation to a treat given.

2. Do not practice "negative reinforcement" - as in whacking the dog. It's a simple animal, devoid of higher levels of thinking as what we have (...well most of us...) Beating the dog will only result in fear and later... onset aggression towards you or other people.

3. Most of all, you have to be patient. It's a slow process but the effect is rewarding.

khengteik
ALPHA

May 2, 2008, 10:26 PM

Post #58 of 69 (11308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RoyBlue] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

u forgot one thing... the easiest way is just to make sure that your house is escape proof and always make sure they are not around... hehehe

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

wei152888
New User

Oct 18, 2008, 11:58 PM

Post #59 of 69 (8353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

hi every 1~!
im new here i went to paws today and i really like to adopt the dog but manager say it have to wait for dunno how long (mean i have to be there everydays)and cant make a booking (i understand)...pls can any1 help me?? can i bring my own vets to paws for this pity dog i really like it....

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2008, 8:08 PM

Post #60 of 69 (8298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei152888] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand what you mean..........I experienced the same thing...........Not that I couldn't wait, I just need more information but every time the answer I got was "don't know", "not sure", "call again", etc........ Frustrating!

Anyway, there are always more helpful people around......Try to call Molly at 0125175322 to see if she can provide you more information.

wei152888
New User

Oct 21, 2008, 10:12 PM

Post #61 of 69 (8262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

thank u JS...i will went there every sunday....

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2008, 3:50 AM

Post #62 of 69 (8246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wei152888] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck to you and the dog.

nickko
Novice

Oct 14, 2009, 10:11 AM

Post #63 of 69 (7575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egretaus] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

paws seariously got a lot of problem..the worker atitude is rude!~beside that,the dog is too expensive to adopt..i went the once time hope to adopt a dog with a cheap price but they given me rm400 for the dog.the dog usually is old!i rather to buy a baby puppy!why noy the paws make the price lower a bit..the reason who go adopt the dog is because not that much to buy a dog from the pet shop only to visit there..but i think that is the last i went.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 14, 2009, 3:06 PM

Post #64 of 69 (7571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickko] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

RM400 is expensive? Pet shop selling way more expensive la. How old is old? And FYI beagle is not suitable for older people. You want a cheap puppy then adopt a mongrel puppy. They are dogs too and definitely easier to take care.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

wing0112
Dog Kichi

Oct 14, 2009, 4:54 PM

Post #65 of 69 (7567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickko] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

didnt know whether have u bought or kept pedigree before..RM400 is consider very cheap unless the dog is going to die or have terminal illness or any defects.... yes u can buy a certain pedigree puppy with RM400 but does ur granny have the time to raise up a small puppy...and 400 puppy usually come from puppy mills that doesnt give any care about health/genetics defects.. i once saw a female dog that been used to breed had mange/skin disease all over the body and the owner doesnt really care as long as she can deliver till she die...

RM400 for PAW are to be used to keep the place alive and to help out dog and seriously do adopt mongrel if u prefer a cheaper doggie... beside that i am sure PAW do have their vet check on the dog health before putting out for adoption.

i got my husky when she is 7 weeks old and till now i have spent over rm200+ on medication alone and she yet to complete her jabs... so in the end it will cost more than rm400 just for vacine and treatment alone during the puppy stage.

and i think getting an adult dog is more suitable for ur granny....and also have to see how strong ur granny are...

my granny 7x something and still like to play with my husky...

good luck in finding a dog....

Sashan
Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009, 11:32 PM

Post #66 of 69 (7562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wing0112] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Wing, your granny boleh tahan! hehe, and your husky must be very gentle too :)

wing0112
Dog Kichi

Oct 15, 2009, 2:29 AM

Post #67 of 69 (7559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

wrong... my husky is a relative of Marley.. and she can tear down my toilet room....she leaves me a huge amount of scars on my hand n thigh dy.... and yet she very adorable.... guess just have to tahan her for few more months or till she change her teeth.........

Sashan
Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2009, 3:31 AM

Post #68 of 69 (7557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wing0112] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh my... Your grandma must be a tough old lady then. Or maybe your dog is gentle with her? :)

wing0112
Dog Kichi

Oct 15, 2009, 4:28 PM

Post #69 of 69 (7554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] bad impression in PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... nope my dog give no face to any1....but she a bit of afraid to me...the rest.... no face given.. and if strangers come by and say give me a hug..she will scratch the stranger face... pull ur hair...like tug of war...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my