Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Canine Distemper, Parvo, Kennel Cough,...:
Combat Parvo

carmen_ccw
Novice

Feb 26, 2006, 2:52 AM

Post #1 of 2 (8503 views)
Shortcut
Combat Parvo Can't Post

Hi.. One of my dog, Smelly died of Parvo virus.. I couldn't send it for vaccination coz he was sickly when I got him from the breeder, and he was always sick and weak.. the breeder didn't vaccinate him too.

But there are ways to keep Parvovirus in check. Methods that I din know before but hopefully you guys can prevent the deadly disease from happening to your doggies...

Keep a very clean compound and never let your puppies eat their own shit. Or other dog's shit. Always mop the floor with clorox bleach ratio bleach 1: water 30. Mop "everywhere". Wash the cage with Clorox too. And bathe them with dettol..

Vaccinate your dogs and never buy sickly pups from breeders or pet shops that's unhygienic.

And if you have a dog that's infected with Parvo, don't buy a new pup in the next six months. Parvo virus can live for very long.

sean

Feb 27, 2006, 9:38 AM

Post #2 of 2 (8493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmen_ccw] Combat Parvo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Carmen.... so sorry to hear that.

I do hv the same experience with u last year about this time also...my husky died of parvo also.
This all caused by those irresponsible breeder.

Hope u get over it soon and may ur smelly rest in peace.

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....
Jojo-GR[m], Bobby-BOXER[m], Gigi-ACS[f], Jewie-GR[f]

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.
www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my