Stop male dog from humping female dog

thatssimple
Novice

Feb 21, 2006, 2:07 AM

Post #1 of 11 (16346 views)
Shortcut
Stop male dog from humping female dog Can't Post

Hi all dog lovers,

I have a 1.5 year old silky (Toto). My aunt gave me a female Shi Zhu (Gigi) about the same age few days ago. Whenever Toto is near Gigi, he will sniff Gigi and try to hump her. And Gigi will get so scared and tried to run away. I don't want to spray any of them, at the same time, I am ready to be a "grandfather" yet, Ha! Ha! Blush

Is there any way I can make them stay and play together peacefully?

Thanks in advanced.

Ted

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2006, 3:19 AM

Post #2 of 11 (16274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thatssimple] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

is never possible to make them not to be interested with each other, since toto had obvious show you that he is interested in her....

the solution is to make him tired by exercising him more often....bring him out for a jog....n playing fetching with him......tired dog won't be so tempted to hump others....

since the shih tzu had just arrive, it natural to be interested into the new lady.....but after prolong period, toto will not attempt to hump her everyday, unless she is on heat.

if you are not interested to let them breed (is advisable not to breed them), spay the female or neutered the male....

coz you must consider that puppy comes in litter, there will be a few of them.....maybe you can find the rightful owner and keep them for the 1st litter.....but later in the following year, she willl breed again....

maybe you will try to isolate them during her heat season, but accidents might happen, and on the other hand, toto will be very anxious and have mood swing when he is so tempted to mate with the female.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Mar 30, 2006, 3:22 AM)

thatssimple
Novice

Apr 5, 2006, 2:22 AM

Post #3 of 11 (16258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for your advice, Amanda. In fact I have given up hope from hearing reply to my post.

Well, Toto lost interest in humping Gigi after a week or two. Most of the time they would chase and play together. Unfortunately few days ago Toto's humping habit is back again. It's the "heat" season I guess. So, I just stop him from humping Gigi whenever he did it. And I made sure I didn't let them out of sight. I will separate them in cages when I can look at them.

Anyway, that's my update. Once again, thank you.

Dogs love you for who you are, not what you are.

cyling
Dog Kichi

May 20, 2006, 6:30 PM

Post #4 of 11 (16110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thatssimple] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a male pups and I am planning to get a female pups. Just wish to hear ur experience.

Are u a student? how many hours in a day u spending to guard them when ur gigi is on heat ?

Visit Hero and Casper's Blog

chrisong
Doggyman

May 20, 2006, 8:38 PM

Post #5 of 11 (16107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyling] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

If your intention wanted to breed, you get a female. If not you might want to consider getting a male dog.

If you want a female & not intend to breed them then you need to spay either one of them just to be sure there will not have any accident mating.

Hope this help.

cyling
Dog Kichi

May 22, 2006, 4:27 PM

Post #6 of 11 (16092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I neither want to breed nor neuter/spay any of them... I will delay the idea of getting another dog first.. may be will get a male one ler.. but so scare they will get too aggressive towards each other ler.. can control easy?? ur silkies all same sex or mix mix??

Visit Hero and Casper's Blog

chrisong
Doggyman

May 22, 2006, 5:26 PM

Post #7 of 11 (16091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyling] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. It is a good idea to delay your plan to get another dog. No worry, your first dog will definity upset if yor bring in a new pup to your family, its normal. Sooner your first dog will be OK with your new pup.

My plan is to keep all female with no male dog. But, due to certain irresponsible adopter that adopted my male Silky, I now take the male dog back with me but already spayed. Now I owned 4 female & 1 male.

mjwong
Canine Addict

Jul 19, 2006, 9:26 PM

Post #8 of 11 (15707 views)
Shortcut

Chris,

Jien try to hump Yuki (2 mths old Female ACS) … Jien wanna conquer Yuki coz of jealous ah?

Frown Yuki Girl (ACS) Frown Jien Boy (Silky) Frown Kiwi Girl (Silky)

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2006, 10:27 PM

Post #9 of 11 (15703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjwong] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Your Jien gatal la

mjwong
Canine Addict

Jul 19, 2006, 11:09 PM

Post #10 of 11 (15698 views)
Shortcut

No la ... I think he jealous la ... coz Yuki can always meet mocha while he cant ...

Frown Yuki Girl (ACS) Frown Jien Boy (Silky) Frown Kiwi Girl (Silky)

estkit
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2006, 4:45 AM

Post #11 of 11 (15683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mjwong] Stop male dog from humping female dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo...want say like tat meh?bring jien come la this satFrown yuki n jien fighting for mochaTongue

Frown esther_mocha Frown

www.dogster.com/?288042

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my