Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
My dog eat poo poo...help & advise

tiffanyayn
Novice

Jan 24, 2006, 6:13 PM

Post #1 of 23 (19023 views)
Shortcut
My dog eat poo poo...help & advise Can't Post

Hi, i bought Coffee last month. Now he is getting 3 months old on this coming CNY. but one thing is, yesterday he begin to start eating the poo poo. he poo poo at 5 plus a.m. & in 8 plus, my bf clean up the toilet & found tht poo poo missing...uwek....I have read some of your post regarding this matter but i think my dog get enough nutrients. or is it when dog reach 3 months, they will try new thing, such as eating poo poo??? or is my dog missing his treats a lot...tht y looking for poo poo liao??? i'm scared it will become habit when we not around. pls share experience with me.. tqtq Unsure

tiff

chaiwoon

Jan 24, 2006, 11:11 PM

Post #2 of 23 (19018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiffanyayn] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi... My dog also facing this problem.. pet shop fellow told me that his poo smell like his food.. indigestion problem i guess.. but then i put him on medication (to get rid of his poo smell)... but no improvement... another petshop fellow told me to put some dried chili juice on his poo and let him eat his poo.. worse come to worse, u gotta force him to eat his poo.. for my case, letting him eat his poo with chili juice doesn't work coz' he won't eat it.. he seems like knowing that i had done something to his poo... forcing him to eat his own poo??... no way.. i can't do it... so, finally i bring him out every morning and evening to do his business.. at least this control him from eating his poo.. hope this helps u
www.dogster.com/?378834

tiffanyayn
Novice

Jan 25, 2006, 12:55 AM

Post #3 of 23 (19015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaiwoon] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

hello...thanks for your reply...need to observe him more now...cannot let him eat poo poo anymore...so disgusting... hehehe. i think mayb he thought it's food. cant imagine if he accidintly lick my face...haha

chaiwoon

Jan 25, 2006, 2:47 AM

Post #4 of 23 (19006 views)
Shortcut

yea.. must control him.. otherwise next time you'll found worms on his poo... i suggest that after his meal, u play with him for awhile then only bring him to toilet or open area to do his business.. make sure he poo then only let him out...
www.dogster.com/?378834

tiffanyayn
Novice

Jan 25, 2006, 7:46 PM

Post #5 of 23 (18999 views)
Shortcut

Woon,

Very hard to observe him as he eat poo poo at night time (sleeping time around 1-6 a.m). So tonight must wake up and be a watch owner...hahaha. naughty la...my coffee

Tiff

chaiwoon

Jan 26, 2006, 2:56 AM

Post #6 of 23 (18982 views)
Shortcut

Hope u could catch him tonite.. Wink

chaiwoon
www.dogster.com/?378834

coffee_eefee
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2006, 6:36 PM

Post #7 of 23 (18962 views)
Shortcut

i guess chili juice doesn't helps! they don't taste the chili.. my dog like to eat my chili plant, he choose all the red one..^.^ i guess they don't feel HOT! hahaha...
i agree with you.. indigestion problem. My dog use to eat his poo poo when he was a few months old.. still taste the same and pretty yummy for them.. they eat n poo, eat and poo... still need to teach them "NO", as long as they understand the word "NO" and they will stop it. when i pick up his poo poo, i always let him smell it.... c if he wants it or not..Cool if he wants, ketuk la~~~

chaiwoon

Jan 28, 2006, 10:37 AM

Post #8 of 23 (18953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee_eefee] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Let him smell arr... My dog very pandai to pretend.. When i'm beside him, he won't go near the poo.. as if his poo very dirty.. but when no one is there, different story lor.. Unsure
www.dogster.com/?378834

vvnchow
Dog Kichi

Feb 10, 2006, 2:01 AM

Post #9 of 23 (18837 views)
Shortcut

True, the dog will eat their own poo poo is due to indigestive problem and they can smell that their poo poo got something they need, so they eat their poo poo.

My friend told me to feed them with oil (any kinds of oil, olive oil, cooking oil, vegetable oil etc) for about two to three days. Two ways you can feed them :

1/ if you dare to, you can open their mouth and pour a table spoon of oil into their mouth direct.

2/ if you don't dare to, you can mix the oil with their food.

Happy trying , do let me know if it works Wink

chaiwoon

Feb 11, 2006, 10:38 AM

Post #10 of 23 (18814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vvnchow] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for ur advice.. i'll try it out and let u know the result ok...
www.dogster.com/?378834

mousechee

Mar 25, 2006, 4:21 AM

Post #11 of 23 (18423 views)
Shortcut

Let him smell arr... My dog very pandai to pretend.. When i'm beside him, he won't go near the poo.. as if his poo very dirty.. but when no one is there, different story lor.. Unsure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------hello chaiwoon,

I have a shih tzu too. He is close to 7 months now.

your post above made me laugh.Laugh

handsome dog you have there.

chaiwoon

Mar 27, 2006, 9:14 AM

Post #12 of 23 (18390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mousechee] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownmousechee,

funny lerr... i think dogs are pretty clever.. btw, my boy got lots of funny characters... he make us laugh only..

so, do ur cute shih tzu having this problem?.. hopefully not larr..
www.dogster.com/?378834

mousechee

Mar 27, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #13 of 23 (18383 views)
Shortcut

hehehehe!

that is the sole purpose of having a doggie friend- to bring us joy. although my bundle of joy have to be fed, cleaned, vet visits and I have to pick up poo-poo, I still love him.

cunning, mischievious, playful and etc? sounds like my furkid too. are you keeping his coat long or a short puppy hairstyle? how old is he?

your boy's face is clean with no tear stain in the avatar. do you use any tear stain remover product or just normal daily cleaning? my boy has bad tear stain it looks as if I never clean his face. I have been religiously cleaning his face in the morning, after meals and before bedtime. Still, the stain won't go away. Any suggestions?

Nice to meet you!

chaiwoon

Mar 27, 2006, 8:13 PM

Post #14 of 23 (18378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mousechee] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to meet you too...
My boy is now 1 yr and 2 mth old... we called him 'boyboy'... i keep his coat medium length.. he dun look good in puppy hairstyle.. tried once and my mum have to put cloth on him.. kekke.. so now i groom him myself...

i use essentials tear stain remover (less than RM10)... last time, he used to have a lot tear on his face.. but ever since i use the remover, it gets a lot better... and i keep the hair near his eye short - as short as possible.. then no smelly liao... i think use water not that effective lorr coz it can't remove the smell... if ur furkid let u clean up his under eye area, then u can use the remover and try to keep that area short... hope this help Smile

btw, how old is ur furkid and what is his name?
www.dogster.com/?378834

(This post was edited by chaiwoon on Mar 27, 2006, 8:15 PM)

mousechee

Mar 27, 2006, 11:33 PM

Post #15 of 23 (18366 views)
Shortcut

hello chaiwoon,

actually, I have two shih tzus. Tommy and Terry. Both are 7 months old. Tommy is with my mom. She lost her pomeranian, felt lonely and kidnapped my Tommy.

I am trying to keep their coat at full length. Now both have medium length coat. Tommy have no tear stain problem, only Terry .

Terry is very obedient. He will let me groom him and will sometimes fall asleep. I have no problem cleaning his eyes' areas with tear stain remover as he will stay still. I just felt that the brand I am using is not that effective.

The groomer did suggest to have it cut short. Wouldn't it take ages to grow it again and look weird having a puppy cut on his face but medium length hair on his body? At the moment, he really look pathetic, as if his face has not been cleaned for ages. Now I understand why my mom chose Tommy instead of Terry. LOL!

simpson
Dog Kichi

Apr 25, 2006, 10:47 PM

Post #16 of 23 (18114 views)
Shortcut

Hai there!

I owned a toy poodle which is close to 9 mths now. She was having the same problem as ur doggie! Always eat back her poo poo n mess out the whole place! Crazy

one of the petshop owner told me this..... It can be due to too hungry or they eat too much! They will be not able to fully digest wat they ate... their poo poo smell like food and thats y they eat back!

well, i feed my doggie twice a day, 7am and 7pm. 1/3 cup each meal. Tried to reduce to 1/4 cup per meal....n guess wat... it works!!! Im not facing the problem any more.... may b u guys can try it out!

cheer

Simpson

estkit
Enthusiast

May 15, 2006, 8:28 PM

Post #17 of 23 (17951 views)
Shortcut
My ACS eat poo oso.sigh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hihy there..i really need advise.now i m really blur Unsure my mocha 6mths old starting to eat poo last 2 days..then the next morning his poo got worms.How?how can i stop him eat poo n poo worms?i m 1st time owner i dunno wat to do.i need to check everywhere looking whether he poo or not or else izit eaten by him.pls help!!!wen i didnt notice he oredi poo then he ll smell the poo n eat.very sad i say no n he insist to eat the poo in front of me Frown. My breeder oso say the same thing tat they smell food in the poo tats y eat it but some other ppl ll say i give not enough food 4him tats y he eat poo.now i m thinking whether should reduce/increase his food.

Frownest

Frown esther_mocha Frown

www.dogster.com/?288042

mizeakira

May 16, 2006, 12:17 AM

Post #18 of 23 (17946 views)
Shortcut
Re:My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

My puppy is also facing the same problem (eating poo poo). The funny thing is she wont touch her poo poo if I am near her or looking at her. Everytime when I am busy doing my work, she will play with her poo poo and eat a small bit of her poo poo. She knows she is wrong when she does that but she still does it. Everytime when I catch her doing that, she will run away.

I wanna ask if she is asking for attention or really just wanting to eat and play with her poo poo?

Hope to find an answer.

Thanks,

mizeakira

mizeakira

May 16, 2006, 12:17 AM

Post #19 of 23 (17946 views)
Shortcut
Re:My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

My puppy is also facing the same problem (eating poo poo). The funny thing is she wont touch her poo poo if I am near her or looking at her. Everytime when I am busy doing my work, she will play with her poo poo and eat a small bit of her poo poo. She knows she is wrong when she does that but she still does it. Everytime when I catch her doing that, she will run away.

I wanna ask if she is asking for attention or really just wanting to eat and play with her poo poo?

Hope to find an answer.

Thanks,

mizeakira

fcleetracy
Enthusiast

May 16, 2006, 11:27 PM

Post #20 of 23 (17941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee_eefee] My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Hello there, I own 2 shih tzus as well. The younger one (Cody) eats poo whenever I didn't notice it. What I do is bring him to smell his poo Frown then Say NO. Like what Chaiwoon did. If still don't want to listen, smack his bad and let him know it is wrong to eat that. Hope our dog will notice eating poo is not good. hehehe...

Tongue Maid for Coda, Cody, Oreo & Hobbes Tongue

tiffanyayn
Novice

May 19, 2006, 7:41 PM

Post #21 of 23 (17913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Re:My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Coffee now stop eating poo poo...long time edi..coz i'm bz wit my work, so very less log in puppy.com

i think it's bcoz of the indigestion..tht y poo poo come out got taste n my coffee like it, hehehe

but i think when grow big then will auto stop...if u c him eat poo poo then just beat him la....say no to poo poo!!! kakaka

mizeakira

May 19, 2006, 11:58 PM

Post #22 of 23 (17904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiffanyayn] Re:My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope it will stop automatically when they grow older.
FrownmizeakiraFrown

julie83
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2006, 3:47 PM

Post #23 of 23 (17706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mizeakira] Re:My dog eat poo poo...help & advise [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyah people..please don't hit or smack your dog lah. I know you're frustrated and angry but hitting them will not make any difference. Imagine you're a puppy and didn't know exactly what you should do then one day your master whom you love the most whack your face. How nice can that be? Unsure poor puppy. Also, try not to relate the puppy's name with something bad like 'Bad Girl (her name)'. Puppy must have some self-confident too.

(This post was edited by julie83 on Jul 1, 2006, 3:51 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my