Dog Carrier

Mel
Novice

Apr 25, 2003, 10:40 PM

Post #1 of 11 (2133 views)
Shortcut
Dog Carrier Can't Post

Hi all,
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a large dog carrier/container for air travel. I have two medium/small sized dogs (10kg each) that I would like to carry in the same container.
Any shop details, or if you are looking at selling one, please email me at meleah_q@hotmail.com
thanks
meleahCool

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 25, 2003, 10:44 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mel] Dog Carrier [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I know, you can't have 2 species in a crate. Anyone pls correct me if i'm wrong.
Also, for air travel, you need to check with the airlines for their pet-travelling policy as well as their requirement on the crate size & weight allowance.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Mel
Novice

Apr 25, 2003, 11:25 PM

Post #3 of 11 (2124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Dog Carrier [In reply to] Can't Post

hi
thanks for your reply.
i have checked with MAS Cargo and they sent me some info on the container requirements and allowances. According to this info, you can have a maximum of 2 adult dogs of comparable size up to 14kg each, that are used to cohabitation, shipped in the same container.
You are also allowed to have animals up to six months old from the same litter (up to a maximum of 3) in the same container as well.
I was also shocked, but thankful as my two dogs would hate to go thru it without the other nearby.

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 25, 2003, 11:32 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2122 views)
Shortcut

Good.
aslong as they are from the authority, that should be safe info.
well, i think the difference is you do it by Cargo, where i did it as Baggage Claim.

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 26, 2003, 12:05 AM

Post #5 of 11 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Hello Mel,

It's nice to know that u're bringing your 2 furkids along instead of relocating them.Smile

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 26, 2003, 4:44 AM

Post #6 of 11 (2107 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

I will be dropping by the SS2 & Sect 14 petshop...let me get back to you on it. Btw, did u try MidValley & D'sara Utama yet ?

cheers,
minglmy

Mel
Novice

Apr 26, 2003, 5:00 AM

Post #7 of 11 (2106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Dog Carrier [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the input
have tried mid valley but they tend to be very expensive. also have a few quotes from some other pet stores.....around the RM400-500 mark.
if you see any cheaper, letting me know would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 26, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #8 of 11 (2100 views)
Shortcut

Mel,

they should be around that price range, can go higher too depends on size.
mine was around usd$150

kanch

Apr 27, 2003, 8:07 AM

Post #9 of 11 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Dog Carrier [In reply to] Can't Post

hey mel,

i know where u can get one of those but the thing is they are quite expensive because for travel its a bit diff there's space for food n water. its by hagen...saw it....very nice! then there's the cheaper ones but im not sure if u could actually use them for air travel. mail me at kanchiny@hotmail.com

regards

kanch

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2003, 9:40 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2077 views)
Shortcut

My two dogs came over in the same crate, no problems. But be careful about what you buy as the regulations about dog carriers vary from time to time and airline to airline. The crate that Niles came in which was fine then, was no longer acceptable when I flew them to KL.

duane
Novice

May 2, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #11 of 11 (2059 views)
Shortcut

hie mate,

may i know where are you gonna travel yer canines to?

coz, i'm bringing my 3 pups back to kl soon from melbourne, australia.

but, i'll bring them back to melbourne once i decided to go back to Ozzie. was it easy to bring your canine to overseas. how much is the fees for everything? like now i'm paying AUD 550 per dog, for the whole package and there's a company Jetpet will be handling my dogs.

do you under those company or your did it by yourself i mean all the paperwork? or do you know in m'sia is there any company that will help the pet owner handle all the stuffs?

cheers..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my