Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Grooming of M Schnauzer

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

BomBom
Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2005, 6:47 AM

Post #201 of 277 (167595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ettan] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ettan,

Thank you for a very interesting MS site. Hope you will get your MS soon.

I have got a Salt n Pepper MS whom I adopted from a friend and she is really good company!!!
|\_/|
|0 0|
( O )
""^""
All Dogs go to Heaven
Some Owners go to Hell

elizatye
K9 Senior

Oct 19, 2005, 6:50 PM

Post #202 of 277 (167459 views)
Shortcut

sorry for the late reply...

I have no idea for other breeds.. but for my own experience on MS.. they really need more effort on grooming.. major grooming you can send to grooming centre, but yourself, you have to do normal grooming like combing and etc..

and no matter any breed, they all need you care and time.. time to walk them, train them, bath them and etc... and one more, your love ...

for me, no other choice, MS... because this breed is suitable to me ...

Hope you can get your new member soon ...

Smile Eliza

ettan
New User

Oct 19, 2005, 10:41 PM

Post #203 of 277 (167451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks elizatye,

i just got my MS( Sparky) on last sunday;He is a cute little 6 weeks old salt/pepper puppy..

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 20, 2005, 2:43 AM

Post #204 of 277 (167442 views)
Shortcut

Frownettan

where u bought it? how much? Smile

Frown

Regards,

Yang

ettan
New User

Oct 20, 2005, 6:06 PM

Post #205 of 277 (167427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Leecy !

I bought it from a home breeder at Taman OUG. it cost me RM 1000 for Sparky.

(deworm,1st jab,with microchips,and cert.)CoolCool

My poor little Sparky had 9 in 1 vaccination shot and travelled 2 1/2hour back to Muar.he slept for the whole day,,,,may be car sick lahCrazyCrazyCrazy....vomitting after the first meal.CrazyCrazy

Day 2, gaining appetite,only poo once late at night.....soooo worried.

Day 3, pooo for so many times,diarrhea liaoPiratePirate kena tease by my maid.semalam tak berak,,,hari ini banyak berak.. call the breeder,advise to stop the new milk power i gave it to him. Feed him with small meal in frequent intervel.

Day 4, Sparky poo poo getting better.n getting active again

Today,,,,Day 5. early early morning Sparky making noise liao.

elizatye
K9 Senior

Oct 20, 2005, 6:32 PM

Post #206 of 277 (167425 views)
Shortcut

really huh. happy to hear that.. a new MS member, yeah.. haha..

Smile Eliza

ettan
New User

Oct 21, 2005, 12:40 AM

Post #207 of 277 (167411 views)
Shortcut

Eliza,

Sparky will turn 7 weeks old by this weekend, can i start to bath him? what kind of shampoo should i use?

elizatye
K9 Senior

Oct 21, 2005, 2:52 AM

Post #208 of 277 (167404 views)
Shortcut

when i brought yippi back, he is already 2++ months, and was active and healthy, so it is safe for me to bath him week after I brought him back... i used warm water and gave him a very fast bath... that time i really kelam kabut.. like bath a new born baby.. Wink

you can try to get advice from the vet or pet shop... just for my own opinion, if he is not so dirty and smelly, try not to bath him so often lah, at this age...

and if you bath him, try to use warm water, make sure he won get cold, dry him completely after bath...

there are many type of puppy shampoo in the market, you can get advice from the pet shop too...

http://www.seefido.com/...thing_your_puppy.htm

http://www.ciaccess.com/...hadow/puppycare.html

kambade ya...

Smile Eliza

Julia K
Dog Kichi

Oct 22, 2005, 9:22 AM

Post #209 of 277 (167380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I just want to find out, when people buy a MS puppy, is it already groomed or not yet groom? I have 5 puppies and I not yet groom them. I am wondering should I leave the puppies the original look or should I groom them before going to the new home?

www.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 25, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #210 of 277 (167350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Julia K] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Julia K

Can u provide more details abt the puppy? Thanks. Smile

Regards,

Yang

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Nov 12, 2005, 6:23 AM

Post #211 of 277 (167172 views)
Shortcut

I posted something earlier in the Utility Group section about hand-stripping the Min Schnauzer before coming across this thread - maybe a more appropriate one for my query - can anyone here show me how to hand strip the doggie?

I want to do this rather than clip her because I've read that this is better for the coat and better for the groomer (i.e. myself) because a hand-stripped coat is easier to maintain. She's getting on to two months old now and I'm told it's about time to start getting her used to hand-stripping.

Cheers,

Pangur Bán

cybersim
Dog Kichi

Dec 5, 2005, 7:50 PM

Post #212 of 277 (167057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PangurBan] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all ! I just bought a MS pups. Been going through many of the interesting topic posted here especially MS grooming & diet.

Anywhere I have few questions to ask u guy

1. I plan to enter my MS into dogshow in the future. Does tat mean I canot use clipping method and I must use handstripping method ?

2. What's the effect of clipping and handstripping ?

3. Where can I find good clipper in KL ? I heard a shop at Petaling Street got sell tis stuf? Any idea ?

4. Where can I buy good strpping knife ? Izit hard to learn handstripping method ?

Hope experts here can help

Thank you

Evon Tan
Dog Kichi

Dec 15, 2005, 8:42 PM

Post #213 of 277 (166997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cybersim] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! all i'm looking grooming center who have pluck/hand strip a schnauzer coat service... thanks...

wais81
Enthusiast

Jan 3, 2006, 6:43 PM

Post #214 of 277 (166908 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

I am Chris here, my ms is Tobe....hand stripping a ms is very troublesome and it will be heart breaking for you as the owner because it will be a very painful experience for your puppy. most ppl hand strip because they want to show their dogs. if u plan to keep the ms as a pet dog, clipping would be enough. So far i have not heard of any groomers saying handstripping a ms will be easier for them. Clipping is a much easier way to groom a ms.....well if u really want to handstrip ur puppy, there is actually books or info on the website about this matter...there are procedure to plucking actually, and it can;t be done all in one day ...it might take up to a wekk or more. good luck....and may ur ms bring joy to you....

Christopher

wais81
Enthusiast

Jan 3, 2006, 6:50 PM

Post #215 of 277 (166907 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

Hand stripping or known as plucking is a must if u plan to show your ms..the reason we need to handstrip is because handstripping will make the fur of the ms to be thicker and alot more coarse. most would prefer to hand strip from the very beginning when u get the puppy. hand stripping does need a bit of skill. it would also be painful for your puppy if done the wrong way, some puppy might even have fever....

good luck,

Chris

Christopher

cybersim
Dog Kichi

Jan 4, 2006, 9:53 PM

Post #216 of 277 (166891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris. If I clip my MS, can I still join dog show ? Can you advise me where can buy good clipper or handstrip knife in KL ? Thanks

wais81
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2006, 4:06 AM

Post #217 of 277 (166883 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

You can still show if you have clipped your Ms but not many would do that because the judges will know that you clipped instead of stripped. It also depends on the txture of your MS's Fur some are born wiry and dense so if you start stripping now, it might still have a chance. ON where to get good clippers and stripping knife, there are many shops that sells clipper depending on the price you r willing to pay. Sea park pet supplies do have clippers for sale. good luck

Christopher

cybersim
Dog Kichi

Jan 5, 2006, 4:07 PM

Post #218 of 277 (166876 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your advice. Another thing I like to know is how to groom the MS leg hair? How to blown up the hair ?

wais81
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2006, 5:18 PM

Post #219 of 277 (166870 views)
Shortcut

if you want the blown up look, first thing first..does your MS have dense hair at the leg. if he or she does, it is very easy. usually wat ppl do is they will get rid of all tangles (hopefully there is no tangles) then after giving the ms a shower (without the conditioner). usually wat groomers does is the will cut the fur at the leg into a straight pole..sorry not too sure how to explain...if you look at a well groomed schnauzer, the hair at the leg must be very dense and it should be like wearing straight cut jeans...some groomers might cut it different and it all boils down to the style you personally want. for me i like the hair the legs to be thick and straight....makes the dog look nicer. let your dog take some supplements to ensure they don;t shed as much and the quality of the hair to be nice.

Christopher

cybersim
Dog Kichi

Jan 6, 2006, 6:10 PM

Post #220 of 277 (166853 views)
Shortcut

So I get it. Maybe bcoz my MS leg hair is not dense, it's hard to blown up the leg hair. I read there's a something like static spray / hairgel to fix the problem but not sure bout that. I only feed my MS premium dog food but thinking of giving her supplement. Is that any good supplement to enhance their look ? Sly

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 9, 2006, 10:50 PM

Post #221 of 277 (166827 views)
Shortcut

Chris:

Well, it's time consuming yes. The main reason I handstrip her is because I hear a handstripped coat is stronger and more water- and dirt-repellent. This is useful since I plan to take doggie out for walks on a regular basis and she'll also come along on jungle walks. I've done her crown and part of her face so far. I find it easier to do when she's dozy. She hardly protests. At other times it can be a bit of a struggle.

Cheers,

Pangur Bán

leo-chan
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2006, 2:45 AM

Post #222 of 277 (166773 views)
Shortcut

does anyone wanna get clippers for grooming? i will be getting one next month (more details when i meet my hair stylist who does grooming for his MS as well). he mentioned it to be of american make and is the only one that can withstand the dog fur...

do let me know maybe we can get bulk discount prices.. drop me an e-mail

leon.hotel

cheerios!
leo-chan
sweet surrender...

PangurBan
Old Kaki

Jan 24, 2006, 3:39 AM

Post #223 of 277 (166770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leo-chan] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it possible to get the details of the brand (Andis? Oster?) and the price and whether there's someone in the KL/PJ area who can sharpen the blade? Or the cost of getting replacements?

I might be interested.

Pangur Bán

leo-chan
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2006, 3:49 AM

Post #224 of 277 (166768 views)
Shortcut

The Clipper is of Wahl make (american brand, look at www.wahlclipper.com).

Comes with 4 blade attachments (1 - 4). Blades do not need to be sharpened for a long long time (my hair stylist has used his for almost 3 yrs and he does about 12 - 15 heads a day, 6 days a week).

Will let u in on model number and price (estimated about RM 220 per unit he mentioned, suppliers price).

That's all for now

cheerios!
leo-chan
sweet surrender...

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 24, 2006, 4:59 AM

Post #225 of 277 (166767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leo-chan] Grooming of M Schnauzer [In reply to] Can't Post

My first clipper Wahl brand. Very reliable blade BUT the clipper got too much vibration If using long period ur hand become shakyCrazy That's the only thing I don't like about this brand of clipper.

I suggest you go to check out others brand of clipper and test it. There are few good brand of clipper out there in the market. Don't rush on buying it.

Good Luck.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my