First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2006, 5:50 PM

Post #26 of 48 (1969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

helo Chloe...

i checked with my parents if they still find ticks on Happie since he 'moved' to stay with them.. they say NO.. so it is pretty obvious he got all the ticks on him fr my house Crazy

enjoyed the day at Central Park yday? good weather eh...
Frown Dogs... God's greatest gift Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jan 9, 2006, 6:48 PM

Post #27 of 48 (1965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Glad to know you enjoyed yourself. I was there at about 10:30 and I do not usually see the demo but work my dog on exercises and distraction, so I was sort walking thru the crowd and dogs. I did bump into Chloe with her totally drench GSD. All in all it was a pleasant day nice and cool and .... yes no rain. Maybe another we can meet up till then and great to know you have isolated the tick issue.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 9, 2006, 7:11 PM

Post #28 of 48 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey...

i reached there as early as 830am... to register for the goodie bag and to watch the rest of the games. was very interesting...

yes shd meet to catch up Wink

eer... btw... *blush* wat is GSD ah?

woof
Dog Kichi

Jan 10, 2006, 12:43 AM

Post #29 of 48 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Joe,

It's me again, me GR been attack by ticks n fleas recently and i applied an Anti-Ticks powder on her, duno what's the brand but i got it from my breeder, it's all Thai language labelled, anyway i can see improvement, she dun scratch much anymore, but sometimes when she does, i will check the spot but it seems tick n flea free, just bite mark. Question is how do i get rid of those bite marks ?

Any good suggestions ?

Anyone heard of Anifumex which is on shelf in Shopping malls ? I tried sprayed it on the ticks bite mark n it will dried up n peel off by itself, very effecttive, just that the smell is annoying n also it makes the dog really oily n fur peels off in flocks. Stop using it after 2 times. Anyone got any experience to share ?

In Reply To
Wow, as I said, you and your dog are really lucky. Keep your fingers crossed that they will stay this way and never get attacked by ticks. I doubt that the spray would work or that it would be easy to apply. I would use, if needed, the spot-on only. It is safer, easier to apply and does not create any mess on the fur. My dog was tick-free for over 2 years without any medication and then we got hit when visiting a friend’s place. I struggled for 2 months to get the dog and the house tick-free again.

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 10, 2006, 1:25 AM

Post #30 of 48 (1949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Normally, I don’t do anything special. When I find any tick (dead or alive) on my dog, I will use the spot-on (maximum once a month) and on any other day, I just feed some raw minced garlic that I mix into the food. Additionally, I am using ACV (1 cup) mixed into 1 bucket of water for the last rinse after bathing. It ensures that all shampoo residue is removed, helps to balance the pH-level of the skin, is definitely not liked by ticks & fleas, helps to keep the fur soft and shiny and gives the dog a nice smell. Doing all this did probably help that nature did take his course and any tick mark did heal without problem and without any itchiness related biting or licking.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2006, 5:17 AM

Post #31 of 48 (1932 views)
Shortcut

Hey Joe,Smile

What's the volume of the bucket (roughyly)? I assume the cup is our usual drinking mug? abt 250 ml?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2006, 5:20 AM

Post #32 of 48 (1931 views)
Shortcut

Heya,Smile

Is it possible that b4 u moved in cats could have dropped by in your place? Or maybe a neighbour has an infested pet?

Hehe.Yeap,enjoyed it very much Cool

Drenched GSD= Drenched German Shepherd Dog Pirate He jumped into the lake. Got a wee bit too excited when he saw Natasha's lab. The 2 (and a couple other dogs) had a field day...with the owner's trying to stay dry.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 11, 2006, 8:13 PM

Post #33 of 48 (1912 views)
Shortcut

Call it a normal pail or bucket (appr. 10 L – I guess) and don’t worry about the quantity of ACV. I use appr. the quantity of one cup (normal drinking cup, you are right about that), but do not really measure. That comes out of feeling and might be a little more then stated. You could use it pure if you wish but this would be costly and probably a little sticky too.

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2006, 10:59 PM

Post #34 of 48 (1898 views)
Shortcut

heylo...

no lah.. no cats but mayb caused by stray dogs & cats roaming outside and also the previous tenants' dog. and Nope... neighbour dont own pets.

oh.. so ur GSD were one of the furkid who jumped into the lake! i saw like retrievers swimming around.. CUTE!

i hope to be able to bring Happie there next year.

p/s: Any idea if Bayu Puteri Apartment allow pets in the premises?

Thanks in advance.

SeanYoung
Dog Kichi

Jan 12, 2006, 9:14 PM

Post #35 of 48 (1888 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Need to find out on how to use bayticol on my GSD puppy 11 months old. I bought a packet of bayticol. How much water do i need to mix? my puppy is not the kind that will sit quietly for you to bath him. He will mouth my hand and lick my hands. He will not sit quietly and wll jump on me everytime he see me. It's hard to bathe him.

So, what is the suggestion to apply bayticol. Will bayticol dangerous? My pup sure will lick the chemical one. Pls advise as i worried it may kill the dog. Some said can lick and won't die, some said it can die.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2006, 6:42 PM

Post #36 of 48 (1882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SeanYoung] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, I am the wrong person to ask. I used frontline spot-on only and that not even on monthly basis, but if and when my dog was under heavy tick attack only. I use garlic minced and mixed into my dog’s food and rinse my dog with a solution of ACV only. However, I would guess that bayticol is surely not healthy but a strong and powerful chemical and licking in my opinion is definitely a

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2006, 10:17 PM

Post #37 of 48 (1877 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

ACV can kill Tick & Flea? How much you use the ACV? Do you need to mixed with water? After rinse with ACV do we need to rinse with clear water again?

Sorry so many question.Unsure

woof
Dog Kichi

Jan 13, 2006, 10:23 PM

Post #38 of 48 (1872 views)
Shortcut

Hey Joe,

Need help, first of all, what's a Spot on and then what's an ACV ?

Sorry not really clear about te short term. Thanks.

In Reply To
Normally, I don’t do anything special. When I find any tick (dead or alive) on my dog, I will use the spot-on (maximum once a month) and on any other day, I just feed some raw minced garlic that I mix into the food. Additionally, I am using ACV (1 cup) mixed into 1 bucket of water for the last rinse after bathing. It ensures that all shampoo residue is removed, helps to balance the pH-level of the skin, is definitely not liked by ticks & fleas, helps to keep the fur soft and shiny and gives the dog a nice smell. Doing all this did probably help that nature did take his course and any tick mark did heal without problem and without any itchiness related biting or licking.

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2006, 11:00 PM

Post #39 of 48 (1870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

I use appr. one cup of ACV for one pail of water (10 L) and that is for the final last rinse. ACV does not kill fleas or ticks but they don’t like the smell and/or the acidity and stay away from the dog.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2006, 11:03 PM

Post #40 of 48 (1868 views)
Shortcut

Will ACV dry the hair?

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2006, 11:05 PM

Post #41 of 48 (1865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Spot-on is the medication called from frontline and you apply (spot-on) to the neck area directly to the skin. It will penetrate into the skin and spread under the skin. Eventually, it will resurface thru the fur’s follicles and penetrate again into the skin. Very practical and easier to apply then the spray version, especially for long haired dogs and/or giant breed dogs. ACV stands for apple cider vinegar.

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2006, 6:53 AM

Post #42 of 48 (1856 views)
Shortcut

Will ACV dry the dog hair? Since u say it is acidic.

coffee

Jan 14, 2006, 7:54 PM

Post #43 of 48 (1846 views)
Shortcut

I 've given up on either the spot on or spray. Tick still moving aroung when I spray directly on them. I used bayticol. Quite good. But someone lazy like me to use bayticol on 6 dogs... I change to tick collar. I didn't have must faith on the collar but once my house mate brought back a tick collar and put on a stray dog who came into the house everyday, no more tick in the house, including my own. I am surprised. So I only put 2 dogs with collar and all of them free of ticks for many months already. I know it is very subjective because many people have different outcome.

I think ACV is very good for gut health as well .

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 15, 2006, 8:13 AM

Post #44 of 48 (1842 views)
Shortcut

Hi
My fren have one heavily tick infested pup n because the pup was just 7 weeks old we were careful with wat we use. (it was a rescued pup) So we cut some aloe vera (only those transparent ones), blend it into paste n put all over the pup. We leave it till it harden. Ticks all mati liao coz cannot breath n aloe vera good for skin helps soothe the poor pup. After half a day of aloe vera mask we wash him off in warm water n hmmmm so far so good. In fact he looks cute with gel up hair. But now hair so soft n those ticks bite also healing already. Frown

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2006, 3:29 AM

Post #45 of 48 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Will try it on my Silkies if got kena Ticks lar. Touch wood!!! Hehehehe

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 17, 2006, 12:29 AM

Post #46 of 48 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Nope, it is not aggressive and diluted in one pail of water it surely just beneficial to the fur, skin and general health.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jan 17, 2006, 12:36 AM

Post #47 of 48 (1812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee] TICKS ATTACK! SOMEONE HELP ME! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure, the frontline works thru the skin and does not kill the ticks immediately. They would get killed when trying to suck blood only. Personally, I don’t like the tick collar because the gas from the collar is poison and I don’t like poison gas in the house. Another reason why I am very reluctant to use the frontline. I stick to garlic and ACV.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Jan 17, 2006, 3:14 AM

Post #48 of 48 (1808 views)
Shortcut

No Prob. I always prefer to use the natural way. I have used bayticol b4 n the dogs will throw up sometimes. I felt so kasihan for them n will think of ways n means to get rid of the ticks. ACV does work well too but when we want to try on the puppy she panic..... I think the smell she doesnt like leh. I have a dog when she smell ACV, she salivate like nobody business. Dont know why leh. So tats why we decide to try aloe vera. I have plenty in my house. But imagine to put aloe vera on the GR. Hehehe I think my whole pot also not enuf.
Sorry tat day at K9 couldnt find you. I got 2 dogs n 2 kids to manage so very hard to see around. But I manage to meet up with some frens. Another time.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my