Hunting for Good Dog training book... HELP

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 28, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #1 of 10 (15624 views)
Shortcut
Hunting for Good Dog training book... HELP Can't Post

Dear All,

I have a 4 month old male ACS, very playful but intelligent and very loyal, likes to bite and bites back when we smack him. is he considered dominant? toilet training not working yet altho tried to catch him and place him on top of newspaper whenever he pee & poo. usually his pee and poo comes out faster than we can get him to the right place, in time.

looking for a book for obedience training, toilet training and some tricks. prefer books with pictures... lazy to read and picture speaks a thousand words. I have bought one on cocker spaniels but not much on training.

Can someone suggest where to get such book?
Frown Dogs... God's greatest gift Frown

janiceC

Dec 28, 2005, 10:24 PM

Post #2 of 10 (15619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] Hunting for Good Dog training book... HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

hi cat?

i have a book titled "teach yourself visually" it costs me about 39.90..if i'm not mistaken..someone is this forum recommended this book b4..it's quite good..n there r lots of pic n doesnt have too many words for a certain topic..u can checked it out :) hehe..i got it from mph in mid valley
www.dogster.com/?210313

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 28, 2005, 10:29 PM

Post #3 of 10 (15615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janiceC] Hunting for Good Dog training book... HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Janice,

THanks. Will check out the book u mentioned Wink

ur furkid.. shihtzu?

janiceC

Dec 29, 2005, 6:25 AM

Post #4 of 10 (15608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [catchuah] Hunting for Good Dog training book... HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

she's my mei mei(sis)..haha..not my kid Blush..hehe..yaya..she's a shih tzu

newayz,u r welcome..how old is ur CS now?Smile

www.dogster.com/?210313

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 29, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #5 of 10 (15600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janiceC] Hunting for Good Dog training book... HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

heeelllooo...

cute mei mei!!! i wanted to get shihtzu too but the petshop asst told me that ACS are easier to maintain.

my Happie is 4 month old ... with my parents for a few weeks.. i miss him terriblyUnsure.

janiceC

Dec 29, 2005, 7:56 PM

Post #6 of 10 (15595 views)
Shortcut

hi,

My fren has a pair of CS too..i'm not sure whether they r english or american.the mother gave birth to some cute puppies..n my fren gave them too her relative n she juz kept one(called ringo)...but one day ringo knocked da broom n it(the broom) fell down.my fren's mom didnt see the broom on the floor,as a result,she fell...after this incident,fren's mom insisted to give away ringo...*sigh*

n my fren misses ringo alot now..Frown

oh..i kept shih tzu because it's smaller..hehe..i oso bought QQ from petshop

poor u..i noe u muz have missed them a lot..go n visit them le..where r u living

www.dogster.com/?210313

catchuah
Dog Kichi

Dec 29, 2005, 11:08 PM

Post #7 of 10 (15586 views)
Shortcut

heylo..

yes, i am sure ur friend misses ringo. but i have to remind myself that Happie is better off with my parents coz he wont be alone at home for 12 hours a day... altho i miss having him around to bug me. i have to sacrifice... Frown

is mei mei ur first furkid? hey.. wat is ur id is msn or yahoo msgr? i can add u.. pls give me ur ID.

Good day!

janiceC

Dec 30, 2005, 2:26 AM

Post #8 of 10 (15583 views)
Shortcut

hi,

o..i see..wa..u work for 12hours a?then it's really better to put happie in ur parents'

ya..she's my first dog..actually i was afraid of dogs n my mom didnt let me have a dog b/c she doesnt like dogs..but now,everything has changed..hehe..i wont be so afraid of dogs now..n my mom sayang QQ so much.everyone in my family really sayang her n that's y she's pampered now..haha..but nvm lerrLaugh

msn is chaz_shinoda89@hottt.....

yahoo duno wat happen..rosak d..haha
www.dogster.com/?210313

noidea
Novice

Feb 15, 2006, 5:07 AM

Post #9 of 10 (15470 views)
Shortcut

I got a book call "THE ONLY DOG TRAINING BOOK YOU'LL EVER NEED" by Gerilyn J. Bielakiewicz.

Very useful book with alot of detail....cost me $27.20.

Give it a try.....and let me know what u think.

anhtran19932111
New User

Dec 2, 2016, 11:36 PM

Post #10 of 10 (7170 views)
Shortcut

i have a book titled "teach yourself visually", it's good for care dog
4dsecret.com/

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my