Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs?

PeterPan
New User

Dec 24, 2005, 1:58 PM

Post #1 of 5 (20578 views)
Shortcut
Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs? Can't Post

Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs?I heard that if someone puts enough stress on a dog the dog can avoid the person while fighting with that person-danger...Is it true?I heard that dogo argentinos do not show avoidance and continue fighting with the danger,may it be true?

Are Dogo Argentinos suitable for protection training?

koolfang

Dec 24, 2005, 7:16 PM

Post #2 of 5 (20570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeterPan] Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

yo pete,

dogo is a hunting dog and 1 of my favourite dog but i dont own 1 coz we can't get a good specimen here in malaysia... its a good dog and it will be good if u can bring in 1. a dogo can be trained for protection but i don't quite agree on stressing the dog to make it perform... i have a pair of apbt now and in my opinion, apbt has better heart and drive...

anyway, if u manage to bring in a good specimen, pls give me a shout... looking forward to hear from u...

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

PeterPan
New User

Dec 25, 2005, 1:00 PM

Post #3 of 5 (20562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koolfang] Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your answer...

They are hunting dogs but i hear that they are also very good guardians,but isn't this true?

kennytam1
New User

Jul 14, 2007, 3:31 AM

Post #4 of 5 (20248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeterPan] Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

DO U KNOW WJERE CAN GET IT(dOGO ARGENTINO)? I LOVE THIS DOG VERY MUCH BUT STILL CAN'Y FIND IT. IF U KNOW ANY ONE WANT TO SELL IT PLSLET ME KNOW.THANKS

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Feb 24, 2009, 8:32 AM

Post #5 of 5 (18518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kennytam1] Are Dogo Argentinos good guard dogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you found your Dogo Argentino? I have 3 pups now. 2 females and 1 male 3 months old pure white. 0..12..4.8851.80

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my