Home: Breed Specific: Pastoral Group:
10 Months GSD Front Leg Limping

SeanYoung
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2005, 5:58 PM

Post #1 of 4 (8667 views)
Shortcut
10 Months GSD Front Leg Limping Can't Post

Can anyone help advise me on my GSD front leg limping.

Yesterday evening, when i brought him out to walk walk, notice that he limps. The front left leg was limping. Notice that he keep lifting his front leg up and bend his paws.

I'm not sure what happens - could it be that he accidentally injured himself.

This morning, I inspected him again to check if there is anything that poke his paws that make him limp but couldn't find anything. He still eats puppy food and not sure if this is affecting him in terms of high proteins.

It has been 3 weeks that I didn't take him for walk due to monsoon rain. Yesterday no rain, so decided to take him out for walk. The day before yesterday, he was ok.

Can anyone advise me what I should do before I bring to vet?

Could it just normal bruise or could it be pano or elbow dysplesia?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 10, 2005, 10:08 PM

Post #2 of 4 (8652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SeanYoung] 10 Months GSD Front Leg Limping [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sean,Smile

I think he could've injured himself yesterday. I suggest limiting his movement & try to wait it out for abt 3 days or so.

I can't advise if ED is causing the prob as I don't noe his x-rays. It could be any of the 3 u suggested..and others.

The food could be a factor..unles you are feeding large breed puppy food.

Al the best.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

SeanYoung
Dog Kichi

Dec 12, 2005, 7:38 AM

Post #3 of 4 (8637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] 10 Months GSD Front Leg Limping [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Reality,

thanks for your reply. I brought him to the vet after I posted the note. Vet said ok and no need x-ray. He gave him anti iimflammatory injection and some pills for him. Today is the 5th day and he looks the same. No improvement. My Gsd still very active, even with legs limping , he will jump on me. after jump, the left leg will be lifted up again. He now stand on 3 legs. I really not sure what to do anymore but wait. But i'm not sure how long i should wait to bring him again to the vet. The vet said in injury, it takes 6 weeks to recover. Not sure how true coz last time i had another dog where i accidentally run over the dog's leg. He limp only for about 4 days and he runs like normal after that.

I'm feeling sad and not sure what else I could to. Poor fella, can't take him for walk.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 23, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #4 of 4 (8596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SeanYoung] 10 Months GSD Front Leg Limping [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sean,

Don't know what is wrong with your little guy. Maybe u could take him to another vet? But for now,pls pls pls crate him & minimize his movement.

Jumping's a big no-no.

Sorry I can't help you more..but all the best with your little man.

P.S. Could it be pano?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my