Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
caught puppy

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Dec 5, 2005, 3:31 PM

Post #1 of 6 (873 views)
Shortcut
caught puppy Can't Post

FrownA number of us, dog lovers living around the playground at SS2/16, have been feeding, playing and talking to a mother mongrel dog who had given birth to two pups. Unfortunately one of them died. The other surviving pup is so cute. He is more of black in colour, about two months old. His paws are white, like he is wearing white socks up to the ankle. Last Thursday morning (1/12/05) about 10 a.m., the dog catcher came and caught the puppy by his neck. The puppy was screaming away. Two other bigger dogs were caught too. The neighbours said that the mother tried to rescue her pup but she finally had to run away to save herself as there were too many dog catchers around. The mother is so miserable. She's been going round the streets to look for her missing pup. I went to PAWS the next day. I checked all the puppies but the pup wasn't there. I do not understand why if the dog catcher is responding to complaints by neighbours, why must he catch a pup? The pup is still sucking milk from the mother. It is so cruel to separate a young from the mother. The mother is miserable now. The pup and dogs there have brought many neighbours closer together. At the playground, we get to know each other. We have something in common. We are dog lovers. Children get to put into action their love for animals here. They pat the puppy or dogs. They talk to them. They play with them. Whoever who has taken the puppy away, please bring it back to the playground and make the mother alive again. Please...Thank you.

panda_dog
Novice

Dec 5, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #2 of 6 (864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hoyf] caught puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi hoyf,

I am so sad to hear that. As a matter of fact, I am quite suprise that they do catch puppy. It is just a puppy. It won't do any harm to others. Dogs are just like human. When lost her child, she will be very miserable and upset. The mother must be looking very hard and wondering where is her puppy. She already lost one of her baby, now another one is also missing, she must really feel depressed and crying in her heart. I think the puppy is in the MPK pusat for storing all the caught dogs and cats. I dunno where would it be if in SS2. Last time my friend's dog was also been caught and he went to the pusat in Gombak and found his dog. My friend is staying in KL. I not sure if in SS2 they caught the puppy, where they will put it? And my friend got fined when claiming back his dog. That time he was fined RM10. Now I not sure what is the price. Heard that those dogs and cats that been caught if too long nobody come and claim, they will kill the animals then feed them for the lions in the zoo.

shlee
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2005, 5:52 PM

Post #3 of 6 (859 views)
Shortcut

I'm sad to hear this. But dog catcher won't feel pity to dogs. If you are willing to save the little pup, you can go to Puchong Pound to check the pup. And you have to be quick! I heard they only keep dogs for 3 days to 1 week, if nobody claim to dog, they will put the dog to sleep! I will pray hard for this little pup!

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2005, 10:55 PM

Post #4 of 6 (741 views)
Shortcut

Thank you panda_dog and shlee for responding. The puppy finally arrived at PAWS. I visited PAWS again on 8/12/05 and found him there. He was happy to see me, my niece and nephew. We have been playing with him for the past few days before he was caught. The puppy has grown bigger and taller in this one week since being caught. I have decided not to return the puppy to the playground. The dog catchers are still coming to the area to catch stray dogs. I am glad that a home has been found for the puppy. My mission is completed!

ke_123
New User

Dec 19, 2005, 4:33 AM

Post #5 of 6 (667 views)
Shortcut

Dear hoyf,

I'm glad to hear that the puppy is finally in a safe home. I have once witnessed a dog catcher catch a dog that obviously had a home. It was a sausage dog in the SS2 area as well. What made me schreech my car to a halt was the way he caught the dog that seemed so brutal. He used some kind of stick that was hooked at the end of it caught the dog by its hind legs and slammed the dog into the van. That was so appalling!! But I didn't dare leave my car. I just stared at him from my rear view mirror. There must be some way to change this. Even if they are supposedly doing a community service. They should be doing it more humanely!

I'm so worried. I lost my dog too. I don't know if it were dog catchers or somebody stole her. I would prefer to think that somebody wanted to sell her to make money, maybe somebody willing to give her a good home found her. She's a terrier and I put a post up in November but have had no replies.

I'll be making another visit to paws to see if she's there.

I hope I find her.

fellow dog lover.

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Dec 19, 2005, 3:59 PM

Post #6 of 6 (646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ke_123] caught puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Ke_123,

Thank you for your response. These dog catchers are just doing their job. The faster they catch their prey, the better, so that they can get back under the shade as soon as possible.

I am sorry to hear about your lost dog. You can contact me at 6279 7485 to find out more about my adventure with ''my caught puppy''.

Thank you.

hoyf

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my