Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
jacky drinking toby's urine all the time

misosangwoo
Novice

Nov 8, 2005, 12:24 AM

Post #1 of 5 (11552 views)
Shortcut
jacky drinking toby's urine all the time Can't Post

hi, i'm new to this forum, and am curious to find out why my dog jacky drinks my other dog, Toby's urine! it's so gross and how do i stop him?

Jacky is a new addition to the family.. he came to our house one day and didn't want to go away so we took him in. he was a stray dog. surprisingly, both dogs got along fine, but i think Toby is the top dog bcos they will only fight when it comes to feeding time and i have to tie Toby up first b4 dinner time, if not Jacky will not eat his food cos toby will go to jacky's bowl and eat his.

anyway, if toby urinates, jacky will be waiting to lick his urine( like he really enjoys it, OMG), then he will cover the urine with his own urine. is there a way to stop this problem? normally i will hold jacky back and say No, but he will still go and do it later..

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2005, 1:32 AM

Post #2 of 5 (11538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [misosangwoo] jacky drinking toby's urine all the time [In reply to] Can't Post

misosangwoo

sometimes it is hard to find out the definite reasons for dog eating poo or drinking pee. but 1 of the explanations is they lack of something in their body & hence the action. May I know what kind of dog food u r feeding? Smile

Regards,

Yang

misosangwoo
Novice

Nov 8, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #3 of 5 (11531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] jacky drinking toby's urine all the time [In reply to] Can't Post

both dogs eat alpo dog bisscuits.. but only jacky is the one drinking urine.. jacky also likes to lick the rusted door grill..!?

(This post was edited by misosangwoo on Nov 8, 2005, 2:06 AM)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2005, 4:34 AM

Post #4 of 5 (11526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [misosangwoo] jacky drinking toby's urine all the time [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be wiseto get Jacky neutered, I feel that Jacky licks Toby's urine and then pees on the same spot, he is trying to clean up Toby's scent and place his on it. I think the problem is more behaviour related rather than food related.

Here are a few websites that have people sharing a similar problem with you:

http://www.gulf-news.com/....asp?ArticleID=43398

http://www.petoftheday.com/...f5&threadid=1018

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

misosangwoo
Novice

Nov 8, 2005, 11:42 PM

Post #5 of 5 (11517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] jacky drinking toby's urine all the time [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for your advise and the articles..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my