Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
URGENT!! Trauma Rescue

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Nov 5, 2005, 5:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (950 views)
Shortcut
URGENT!! Trauma Rescue Can't Post

I rescued this stray puppy over 2 months ago in my area when she was 2 months old. She has been living with me, my cousin, and my 3 dogs in my terrace house since then.

She pees and poos when she's scared. She still does that but does not do it any more when I pick her up. I think that means she's beginning to trust me. She's also playful with my other doggies. She doesn't seem aggressive as she does not bark except when playing with them, but she growls at my Tommy (the small but alpha dog) when it comes to the food bowl.

At 2pm yesterday, she got adopted by this kind and capable man with 4 dogs. But by 5pm, even he decided this puppy was too traumatized for him to handle. He said she threw fits that made it difficult for him to bathe her or even give her medicine. And judging from the state of the cage when he brought it back, she also made a lot of wet and nervous poo.

My cousin says we really cannot keep 4 dogs in a terrace house and my nasty neighbor is threatening us with MPPJ. Neighbor doesn't care if this pup gets put to sleep, which is what I think may happen if we take her to PAWS or RSPCA because she is too "traumatised".

Is there anyone out there with a traumatised dog as well I can socialize her with? I don't know many people who can handle this kind of temperment. As much as I would like to keep her, I would also appreciate it if someone could take her in until she finds a home, someone who can handle her issue. If cannot take her, maybe someone who can foster her for one week here, one week there to help ease the load on my part, and also to teach her that humans are not all bad people.

Please help. At this point, PAWS is the only solution.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 5, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #2 of 3 (942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] URGENT!! Trauma Rescue [In reply to] Can't Post

quinalona

nice of u to rescue the stray from the street, but sadly if u were bring her to PAWS, it is not a solution, it will just means ending her life. Sorry cant really help u much here, but i does once have so many rescued strays at my home, MPSJ did come & "visit" very frequently.

Please bear in mind u have the right to refuse them to show ur ic, which means they cant summon u. If they summon "kepada penghuni" let it be, it is not for u. Never ever open the door upon their request, they dont have the right to enter. Always get a digital cam with u, incase they climb in, or do anything u suspect is wrong, snap their photos.

i hope ur pup will turned up better.. pray hard.. Unsure

Regards,

Yang

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Nov 6, 2005, 1:26 AM

Post #3 of 3 (934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] URGENT!! Trauma Rescue [In reply to] Can't Post

My cousin is a lawyer and she said they summon "the tennant", i.e. us, the owner of the house. Same as quit rent when they address "the tenant". Frown She took her to PAWS this morning... FrownFrownFrown She seemed to be very good. In fact she was manja-ing to this lady volunteer. Cried so hard till the uncle look at me funny. Frown

I will still advertise for her adoption tho. Hopefully while she's still there she can develop better social skills. Still... broken heart lah. Have to protect my other furkids from the crazy neighbor. Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my