Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Nov 7, 2005, 11:36 PM

Post #26 of 43 (8049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [K9mon] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello K9mon,

Better stop listening to them rumours. Unless your source has tested each and every puppy individually or he *is* the breeder, I think he/she better keep his/her mouth shut. Besides, consistency is what all breeders strive for, I challenge anyone to find me a breeder who produces 9 puppies in a litter and says that they are all consistent. Ok la, I jest, maybe all 9 puppies consistently have four legs, a tail, two eyes, one muzzle, etc. But Malaysia also has dog with 6 legs and 3 dicks, so.....

I think one would be considered lucky to even have replicas of previous progenies in repeated litters. Unless we back our breedings by scientific data logging and research (like Guide Dogs for the blind), consistency will be, at best, a shot in the dark. Mind you, even with scientific data logging and research, Guide Dogs for the Blind had to change some of their breeding methods due to deteoration of the hips and this is from a facility that has managed to breed and raise 97% of their dogs for its intended purpose.

Furthermore, why do specifically mention prey and food drives? Appreciate it if you could enlighten us on why you find these drives essential for a working line and only average and below for a showline.

I've come across a showline boxer that is so high in prey and play drive you can slam, and I mean 4.5' of the ground slam, to the ground and it'll still jump right back up at ya and the food drive is none the lacking as well.

Perhaps you could elaborate further your statement "Rumors have said that the dam used might not be a full working line which might have affected the the litter's prey drive and food drive".

Like I said, you've gotta be careful of your source of rumours. Afterall if it's a rumour, be vary that some might have little tolerance to what essentially are unfounded statements.

In Reply To
btw I've heard another rumor that Eros puppies in Malaysia are nice, big bones and friendly temperament. The prey drive is ok but not consistent. The food drive is average.

Rumors have said that the dam used might not be a full working line which might have affected the the litter's prey drive and food drive. (I would assume that a pure working line pup will have high prey drive and food drive, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Can anyone in this forum confirm if this information is true?

Thanks.

(This post was edited by wildgunsr on Nov 7, 2005, 11:39 PM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2005, 1:51 AM

Post #27 of 43 (8020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,

Wow ....back from holidays.....!!

K9mon,

Its nice to see another person on-board who r interested with ScH...!! But I think it is just not right/fair to comment on any person's puppies based on rumours even if it is in query form . This type of query could be better handle thru email or PM. And furthermore, if I m not mistaken, the line is still very young over here .... I am sure nobody are able judge/comment on how good or bad the stud-dog or brood-bitch is based on just a few pups.

I think the problem we have here is , ppl who bought their puppy expect their puppy to turn out to be the ideal dog (Sch, PP or even guide dog's material), let me just say that's not gonna happen !!! Even the best producer will produce lousy stuff...!!! You can try to stack the odds in your favor with good research, testing & hope for the best. How the pup will turn out will depends not only on his genetic combination but its growing experience as well the environment he/she was nurture in.

Bottom line is make the best with whatever we have got, and try to learn from it hopefully after learning from our initial experience will make us a better owner/handler/trainer and also better prepared for the next pup and so forth.

Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Boon I know that he knows something and I also believe most people here have access to some duplicated leerberg videos. So please don't sound like you know more... and if you are not willing to share then there are many other threads you can join

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Boon is trying to tell U not to cont'd discussing sensitive matters over the public forum that's all. And to further insinuate that he has unauthorised access to a copyright material is totally uncalled for and very irresponsible of U.

Don't get me wrong here !! It is good that U r doing ur research by asking over here but maybe there is much better avenue than a public forum when asking but also commenting at the same time of a dog currently being used . . . . which I dun thk is the rite approach.

Regards...!!

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 8, 2005, 2:11 AM

Post #28 of 43 (8019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

RealityDreamer

okok, thanks for spoon feeding me. Tongue

Regards,

Yang

KENDZ
Novice

Nov 9, 2005, 8:50 AM

Post #29 of 43 (7981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Guys,

Been awhile. How you all doing? Well I hope. Just popped in here today and glad to find there is still activity. Couldn't resist jumping in to discuss about Eros. No joke to achieve what he did. But physically Elute looks better, especially the croup area. But pasterns a little long.... . Sorry Conformation Kendz talking la....

So who has the Eros pups here in Malaysia?? Would be very interesting to see how they turn out.
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

boon
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2005, 4:37 PM

Post #30 of 43 (7979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KENDZ] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kendz,

Ah...if u google them dogs, u may of aware that Belgiums only breed or prioritise their mating for workability not beauty. No offend, but personally i have a feeling that most of their dogs is not for beauty pagent. or Urgly.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2005, 6:57 PM

Post #31 of 43 (7970 views)
Shortcut

"I believe Boon is trying to tell U not to cont'd discussing sensitive matters over the public forum that's all. And to further insinuate that he has unauthorised access to a copyright material is totally uncalled for and very irresponsible of U. "

I second polluxx's opinion!!
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2005, 7:00 PM

Post #32 of 43 (7969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KENDZ] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Kendz,

Ur too kind abt it...

Eros is downright UGLY Tongue

As for the pups, 3-4 (mayb 5) of them went to SchH enthusiasts...so u will definitely see them training Wink & u noe where.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

K9mon
Novice

Nov 12, 2005, 3:24 AM

Post #33 of 43 (7943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Thank you for all your replies especially Wildgunsr and Pollux.

This is just my opinion about what a working dog should have.

Lets assume most working line dog have good nerve/temperament (which is why ppl buy a working line and not a show line)

And assuming all of us here are sport people (lets not talk about real protection work)

I would prefer to start with a higher prey drive and food drive puppy.

The reason is simply easier to train.

Lets not talk about the fight drive, to me it may only take up a small percentage in the protection phase (in the sport point of view). However, Don't get me wrong, it is what make a dog either good, better or best in the competition but I'm looking at a bigger picture i.e. the sch sport.

If you have better views you could chip in if you like.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2005, 4:34 AM

Post #34 of 43 (7939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [K9mon,wildgunsr,all] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi K9mon,

Glad ur taking this in a postivie way. Quite surprised to see wildgunsr spend time here Tongue

Anyway,I also think another big difference between show & working is their hardness. From what I was told,show lines (as u hv mentioned) also can hv good nerves but many many many lack hardness.

P.S. the dam's owner is a little disturbed by the rumour & invites whoever started the rumour to test her...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2005, 6:37 AM

Post #35 of 43 (7928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

K9mon,

I hope U understand where our concern is coming from ...!!

Now back to your recent post, first of all Chloe is rite in her remark that not all workingline GSD has good nerve neither is all showline GSD nervous creature (however IMO most if not all, the locally-bred 100%showline GSD def cannot do the work due to nerve/shyness/hardness problem).

I would prefer to start with a higher prey drive and food drive puppy.

Personally, I believe as beginner, we should go for the slightly over-medium drv/hardness dogs but not the "over the top" or super drv/hard dogs . . . will be not be easy to handle. Trust me, they will not be easy to train, the situation can even be made worse if we read our dogs wrongly as they will not accept any instruction/correction given without putting up a fight if the ranking/bonding issue has not yet been resolved between the dog & the handler.

The reason for my above opinion is simply the 'easier to train (as U put it) not due to drv..... but rather due to lesser chance of conflicts and ease of bonding. I am of course assuming we r talking abt sports here as U mentioned and not abt breeding.Wink

The thing to note here in ScH Sports is, if U noticed the better dogs in ScH competition are always the "dogs with the best relationship wt his handler".

Just my 2 cents worth !!!

p/s : ""Hmm..... after clearing all misunderstanding here maybe....U should consider making peace wt our dear Booney as afterall he was acting in good faith""

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Nov 12, 2005, 7:04 AM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2005, 6:53 AM

Post #36 of 43 (7919 views)
Shortcut

Hey Chloe,

Eros is downright UGLY Tongue

. . . given a chance , I take him anytime . . . !!!

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Nov 12, 2005, 6:02 PM

Post #37 of 43 (7895 views)
Shortcut

Eros hansum la!!! Some ppl just don't know how to appreciate Tongue.

Tht's why I still Dog Kichi. I came here because of this hot topic mahhh.

Our SchH society is soooooooo "kichi" tht we should be a lil bit more cautious with statements/actions, etc. Afterall, we don't wanna be fighting/irreconcileable differences, haha, even before we start, right?

I've been in forums for a long time, and the trend is somebody says something, and a few finds it unfounded, everybody gets emotional because they're passionate about what they believe in. Then words are misinterpreted, or are intended with malice. Worst of, it's a forum, we all hide behind a nick, well some of us do noe each other pretty well, but nonetheless expression and intonation of the face and voice is lost. What can be a harmless question/statement can bring on the wrath of another for e.g.....

WHAT YOU MEAN "EROS IS DOWNRIGHT UGLY"???? watch your mouth woman!!he's as hansum-est as eva!!! Long live EROS, Long Live EROS! but his brother Ellute and Gringo LAGI hansum. mwahaha TongueAngelic

*the unker has spoken* - pls dun flame.

tanjewverymuch.

*i'm spending WAY too much time here* huargh.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2005, 8:25 PM

Post #38 of 43 (7885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

"but his brother Ellute and Gringo LAGI hansum. mwahaha"

HA!!

ok ok..my bad,let me rephrase..he is beautiful..but *looks* not so beautiful Tongue M not complaining but just saying. His working ability is without a doubt gorgeous. Just look at his tracking & protection work. Wink

sides..who's saying *i* dunno to appreciate...coming frm a person who likes big blocky headed ddr/czech dogs n boxers!? (ick)
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Nov 12, 2005, 8:40 PM

Post #39 of 43 (7884 views)
Shortcut

You got a prob with big blocky head czech/ddr and boxers????

lol. kenot compare la your w.de/belgium dogs with ddr/czech...not fair la this comparison. it's like comparing ben affleck with me. Tongue. Both beautiful in their own right....of course, more women would rather sleep with ben "gay boy" affleck. TongueAngelic

(This post was edited by wildgunsr on Nov 12, 2005, 8:45 PM)

K9mon
Novice

Nov 20, 2005, 1:43 AM

Post #40 of 43 (7811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all! I am glad that now that you guys think I don't come with evil intentions or malice. However, I do appreciate what you guys have wrote, and as I said before, I am here to learn as anyone else.

As for the rumour, it was a rumour, and I apologized for causing any concerns. So far, a few people have been giving really positive and constructive comments and I will, of course, take it graciously. However, if asked to make peace with Booney here.... I came in 'peace' and if I had offended anyone, he could have told me constructively and positively. I don't appreciate him using 'labels' on me, such as mutt or stupid. So far, I have not even used any unecessary labels. Although I have not said it earlier, it has not been fair to me, too. When he reacted so intensely, it only makes the rumour even better to believe!

So again, thanks again for everyone's comments and I will continue to contribute my two cents worth as well, even if it might not be helpful to anyone. And I will continue to be as passionate to my hobby.

Cheers, people!

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Nov 21, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #41 of 43 (7798 views)
Shortcut

dear k9mon,

Mind sharing some info like where you're based at? what dog from what bloodline you have? and are you training with any group? if you would rather share this info privately, i can be reached at wildgunsr@puppy.com.my

PSD
ALPHA

Jun 27, 2006, 12:44 AM

Post #42 of 43 (7619 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi all! I am glad that now that you guys think I don't come with evil intentions or malice. However, I do appreciate what you guys have wrote, and as I said before, I am here to learn as anyone else.

As for the rumour, it was a rumour, and I apologized for causing any concerns. So far, a few people have been giving really positive and constructive comments and I will, of course, take it graciously. However, if asked to make peace with Booney here.... I came in 'peace' and if I had offended anyone, he could have told me constructively and positively. I don't appreciate him using 'labels' on me, such as mutt or stupid. So far, I have not even used any unecessary labels. Although I have not said it earlier, it has not been fair to me, too. When he reacted so intensely, it only makes the rumour even better to believe!

So again, thanks again for everyone's comments and I will continue to contribute my two cents worth as well, even if it might not be helpful to anyone. And I will continue to be as passionate to my hobby.

Cheers, people!

K9Mon,

Stay cool friend. Dogworld is so small and yet there is so much tension. Working dog world is even smaller and we could use another good friend. Focus the aggression on the bogey would be great. I agree with you that we should all contribute in a positive way. Cheers

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

boon
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2006, 9:23 PM

Post #43 of 43 (7595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiks...hijacker....

Arrr everyone now at least know that you're still alive.....I got a call from our friend in UK yesterday evening right after your call to him

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my