Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Sports, Schutzhund, Protection, Tracking,.....: Schutzhund & Protection Dogs:
Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

K9mon
Novice

Nov 1, 2005, 2:56 AM

Post #1 of 43 (16011 views)
Shortcut
Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line Can't Post

Hi guys/gals,

I have heard about this great dog name Eros V. De Mohnwise which won 2 consecutive schutzhund world champion. Would like to find out if anyone knows more about this dog's blood line and history.

Also I have heard rumors that Eros's brother Elute is a better producer in Germany. Any idea?

I am guessing that the German guys uses Elute more as a stud because it is easily accessable as compared to Eros since Eros is now in Belgium with Ron(something like that)?

Thanks.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 1, 2005, 9:15 AM

Post #2 of 43 (15995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [K9mon] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

K9mon

all these names are stranger for me.. but hope to learn more! seems interesting.

Regards,

Yang

K9mon
Novice

Nov 2, 2005, 7:30 AM

Post #3 of 43 (15970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I too am very interested and wish to find out more and learn from the GURUS in this forum especially PSD, Azman, Pollux, Al, and others.

I hope to hear from you guys.

Actually I have more questions on the other strong lines such as Mink, Fero, and other big names (if any). Kindly share some information on the background of the line of what it is strong for and also their weakness.

I appreciate that.

koolfang

Nov 2, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #4 of 43 (15960 views)
Shortcut

k9mon,

u can go to pedigreedatabase.com to trace the lineage... eros's pups are sold in kl and few of my frens bought 'em... not bad... if u like sport, its a nice speciment. can consider civil also...

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

K9mon
Novice

Nov 4, 2005, 5:11 AM

Post #5 of 43 (15916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [koolfang] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Koolfang,

Thanks for the info.

About Eros puppies in Malaysia do you know who is the breeder?

BTW if anyone in this forum has own a Eros bloodline, would appreaciate if you could share with us your experience with the puppy. (e.g. how's the prey drive, the food drive, the temperament with people, the curiousity towards new objects and such.)

Thanks

K9mon
Novice

Nov 4, 2005, 6:20 AM

Post #6 of 43 (15912 views)
Shortcut

btw I've heard another rumor that Eros puppies in Malaysia are nice, big bones and friendly temperament. The prey drive is ok but not consistent. The food drive is average.

Rumors have said that the dam used might not be a full working line which might have affected the the litter's prey drive and food drive. (I would assume that a pure working line pup will have high prey drive and food drive, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Can anyone in this forum confirm if this information is true?

Thanks.

boon
Doggyman

Nov 4, 2005, 7:29 PM

Post #7 of 43 (15894 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

do u know the dam's name of the breeding in malaysia ? and do u know the dam is out of ? if not, u better figure it out before spread the so call rumors around...

AND YOUR POINT IS ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 4, 2005, 7:40 PM

Post #8 of 43 (15885 views)
Shortcut

SmileK9 mon,

Just because a pup is working line does not mean he does not hv high prey & food drive. What abt the serious Czech/Border Patrol dogs? Those are on the top of my list as real working dogs. Most do not have high prey drive.

That being said,a show dog can also have high prey & food drives.

Whoever spread the rumours do not know the dam.So no,it is not true.

P.S. The famous working kennel,von den jungen hansen uses show line dogs as well...but they have produced wonderful working dogs. There is a good example of this in our country.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 4, 2005, 8:09 PM

Post #9 of 43 (15876 views)
Shortcut

Sorry...typo error

"Just because a pup is working line does not mean he HAS high prey & food drive."

A note to add...there are also low food drive dogs who need to be fasted before doing tracking.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 4, 2005, 8:56 PM

Post #10 of 43 (15872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

RealityDreamer

May I know what is "prey drive" & "food drive"? Smile

Regards,

Yang

K9mon
Novice

Nov 4, 2005, 9:40 PM

Post #11 of 43 (15863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Woh Boon, you don't have to be defensive here. I'm only here to learn more. Like I said its only a rumor and it might not be true. If you however have better facts, may be you can share with all the people in the forum to clear up some doubts. I would think that its more constructive this way. Cheers.

K9mon
Novice

Nov 4, 2005, 10:12 PM

Post #12 of 43 (15859 views)
Shortcut

Chloe,

Don't get me wrong here. We are talking about Schutzhund rite?

I would assume that you already know that a Schutzhund dog might not be a good protection dog or a police service dog.

If you are that kind of person who like the Czech working line then you are most likely to anticipate for dogs who have more defese and less of prey drive.

However, most sport people would prefer to have more prey drive than defense. It is easier to teach and control a dog. At least this is what I've learned.

At the end of everything that we have discussed it all depend on what you want from your dog. Its your choice.

For me my choice is to be a sport person, hence I'm looking for a dog who has a higher prey drive and food drive.

Ofcourse I would also like to see some fight drive from my dog for the protection phase which can slowly be developed from some civil work.

At the end we are all trying to learn from each other.

Like Boon I know that he knows something and I also believe most people here have access to some duplicated leerberg videos. So please don't sound like you know more... and if you are not willing to share then there are many other threads you can join.

Like I said rumors can only be rumors it might not be true so its up to you guys to say something. If its rite just say its rite and if its wrong then say its wrong. Haven't you learn that honesty is the best policy?

Btw Chloe thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

boon
Doggyman

Nov 4, 2005, 10:19 PM

Post #13 of 43 (15858 views)
Shortcut

hmm, i think u r right...mind to share some with me.. i really have no idea of what's what's...

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

koolfang

Nov 5, 2005, 1:39 AM

Post #14 of 43 (15842 views)
Shortcut

hi k9mon,

to be honest, i'm in no position to comment on this particular line. to be frank i'm not an experience gsd handler. if u're talking about working gsd, personnaly i think boon and chloe can be a very big help here... boon and chloe are into chech working line... n i fancy that line too... juz that i cant afford. anyway in my opinion, there's not much different bwtween working and sport... its juz that they work in different condition/place/style... no matter how, they work too...

i'm not a pro to talk about temperament and drive... at the end of the day, it all depends on what u want in a dog... simple as that... that's why i'm into apbt...

- its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog...

koolfang

Nov 5, 2005, 1:55 AM

Post #15 of 43 (15841 views)
Shortcut

hi chloe,

how's axel doing...? i only got updates from mike on spike and only a little bit on titus... been bz lately... working even on the raya break... anyway, guess u're on the exam timetable now am rite... all the best then...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #16 of 43 (15837 views)
Shortcut

Hi K9mon,

It is not my intention to sound like I noe more. If that is so,I apologize Smile

This post/thread is also for other members who do not know as much as u do to learn as well.

Anyway,u r right. We are all here to learn.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Nov 5, 2005, 2:15 AM)

boon
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2005, 9:23 AM

Post #17 of 43 (15811 views)
Shortcut

I would assume that you already know that a Schutzhund dog might not be a good protection dog or a police service dog.

U just need to look harder of this type of dogs. I know is it not a norm, but they're plenty out there that can do both and excel in both. Look harder....do ur research, don't simply post without some real fact on hand.

If you are that kind of person who like the Czech working line then you are most likely to anticipate for dogs who have more defese and less of prey drive.

I like what i see in a dog, not a specific lineage.....in czech, there are how many lines within ? do uu know, and ...........

However, most sport people would prefer to have more prey drive than defense. It is easier to teach and control a dog. At least this is what I've learned.

Becareful on ur training method(s) and skill...don't end up the 'finish' no ' ED' like what RUMORs call prey monster or lock in prey......

Of course I would also like to see some fight drive from my dog for the protection phase which can slowly be developed from some civil work.

By the way do u have any idea and clear about what is prey/defence/fight ? Don't get confuse here mutt........this is a SUPER wrong and misleading statement....do u recognize one if u see a dog in fight ? or prey ? and u r telling me fight can be build up via training ?

Like Boon I know that he knows something and I also believe most people here have access to some duplicated leerberg videos. So please don't sound like you know more... and if you are not willing to share then there are many other threads you can join.

my name is here...so i have to say something right ? hmmm i am an average k9 joe....just know enough to bathe my dogs....and...what else...oh yeah..feeding them....and may be clean after them...

U r plain stupid if by watching just videos and one can know and pretend to know it all kind of sutiation...go do ur own homework....i'm sorry if i offended anyone here...but i could think of a better way to put this...

I also believe most people here have access to some duplicated leerberg videos.

Be very careful here, this statement will voilets the copyright of the IP owner....I'm not suprise if Ed will come after u or whoever that duplicated the videos (if any)...and I may drop him a mail about this....watch ur back mutt....

again

GSD will not fight with dogs below their dignity.

(This post was edited by boon on Nov 5, 2005, 9:30 AM)

koolfang

Nov 5, 2005, 5:37 PM

Post #18 of 43 (15789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

again

boon,

i'm attracted by your quote here... how can we determine a dog's dignity and which breed is below the gsd's dignity and which is higher (or is there any)...? of course gsd is considered a high class breed by lots of people, no doubt about that... so u are saying that a gsd will only fight another gsd...? i thought gsd was not bred to fight... aiyah...i got so many question eh... hope nobody feels offended with what i say here... apologies in advance...

koolfang

Nov 5, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #19 of 43 (15788 views)
Shortcut

chloe,

is the new picture axel...? wow, he's growing up good... handsome kid... his ears all erected i see... spike's ears still half way rite...? that's what mike told me. no pictures from him yet...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 5, 2005, 9:00 PM

Post #20 of 43 (15783 views)
Shortcut

K9mon

May I know what is "prey drive" & "food drive"? Smile

Regards,

Yang

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2005, 1:40 AM

Post #21 of 43 (15767 views)
Shortcut

lol

Dennis..he doesn't mean it that way Tongue At least I hope not Crazy
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Nov 6, 2005, 1:51 AM)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2005, 1:59 AM

Post #22 of 43 (15761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Eros V. De Mohnwise Blood line [In reply to] Can't Post

Prey drive= The dog's natural desire to chase & capture prey. Like how u play with a moving rage with ur dog and he chases it.

Food drve= desire for food. If a dog has high food drive,he is "wai sek" Laugh

Hope that helps.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2005, 2:10 AM

Post #23 of 43 (15757 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dennis,

Axel's doing great. Enjoying life being a puppy Wink

Yea,that is one of the more recent pics where he actually looks like a GSD Laugh His ears arent all erected yet. In the pic he was moving around b4 that & his ears were slow to fall. Spikes ears are all erected & he looks adorable. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

boon
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2005, 8:21 AM

Post #24 of 43 (15737 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

again

boon,

i'm attracted by your quote here... how can we determine a dog's dignity and which breed is below the gsd's dignity and which is higher (or is there any)...? of course gsd is considered a high class breed by lots of people, no doubt about that... so u are saying that a gsd will only fight another gsd...? i thought gsd was not bred to fight... aiyah...i got so many question eh... hope nobody feels offended with what i say here... apologies in advance...

unfortunately no, that's not what i meant !

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

Nov 7, 2005, 11:06 PM

Post #25 of 43 (15700 views)
Shortcut

Hello Kevin (correct me if I'm wrong),

That is true, Ellute is one of the more used producers in Germany. But only few repeat breedings afaik. To say he is "a better producer in Germany" leaves voids that can be arguementative. e.g. If you're comparing Ellute's mating and Eros' mating in Germany, obviously Ellute holds the record because of geographical reasons. But, like all breedings, not all combinations work, some would definitely be better than others. And vice versa, Eros is used for more breedings than ever now in Belgium, compared to Ellute's breeding in Belgium if any.

Assuming we're comparing regardless of location. It is hard to say how Eros is producing because, to my best of knowledge, his first progenies are below two years of age. And with all the talk on dogs maturing at different rates etc, i think, it would be rather immature to say Eros doesn't produce as good.

In Reply To
Hi guys/gals,

I have heard about this great dog name Eros V. De Mohnwise which won 2 consecutive schutzhund world champion. Would like to find out if anyone knows more about this dog's blood line and history.

Also I have heard rumors that Eros's brother Elute is a better producer in Germany. Any idea?

I am guessing that the Germans use Elute more as a stud because it is easily accessable as compared to Eros since Eros is now in Belgium with Ron(something like that)?

Thanks.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my