Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Missing Bulldog

amyaai
Novice

Apr 21, 2003, 6:51 PM

Post #1 of 17 (5953 views)
Shortcut
Missing Bulldog Can't Post

Our 2 year old male british bulldog was stolen from Bandar Puteri, Puchong, 47100 SDE on 18/4/2003.

Description of dog:

Brindle. Crooked tail. Bald patch in middle of crook. Undeveloped testes. About 25 kg. ANswers to the name 'BUD'

Offering cash reward for its return.

Have been told that most stolen dogs were sold in pasar malams and petshops in Penang and JB. I dont know whether this is true. But in case it is - please keep a look out for the bulldog.

Thank you.

Amy

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 21, 2003, 7:07 PM

Post #2 of 17 (5949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [amyaai] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amy,

so sorry to hear about Bud. Sparkle and I will be praying for his return.

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Apr 21, 2003, 9:28 PM

Post #3 of 17 (5944 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amy,

So sorry to hear about your doggie...

good luck..and never ever give up...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

amyaai
Novice

Apr 21, 2003, 9:49 PM

Post #4 of 17 (5942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the prayers. It will be best if we can get Bud back. If not, I hope whoever has him, will take good care of him. Bud has a skin condition that requires much care. In fact, that was why Bud's original owner gave him up in the first place. I have heard that bulldogs are stolen for breeding purposes. Unfortunately, Bud has an inherent physical deformity which means he cannot reproduce. If he does not serve the purpose for which he was taken, then my greatest fear is that he may be mistreated or else dispose of. Thats why we are offering to buy back Bud. He is very special to us.

Amy

amyaai
Novice

Apr 21, 2003, 9:54 PM

Post #5 of 17 (5941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the support and best wishes. We are doing what we can to try to locate Bud. Unfortunately, Bud is not microchiped and not registered with MKA. (He does not meet Bulldog specifications). We have posted an advertisement in the papers offering a no-questions-asked cash reward for his safe return. We have also posted missing dog notices in the vicinity of our residential area. Then we sent email notification to all our friends, asking them to be forwarded. We were hoping that the more ppl who knows about it, the better our chances are in finding Bud. We have even resorted to sending Missing Dog notice to vets. FIguring that perhaps the person who has taken Bud may bring him to a veterinarian. Well .. small chance, but it is still worth a shot! We appreciate your concern and support.

Thank you

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 22, 2003, 1:26 AM

Post #6 of 17 (5932 views)
Shortcut

hi,

sorry to hear about bud....will ask my friends who stay around puchong area to look out......

regards
kangser and nous

cherygan
Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2003, 9:08 AM

Post #7 of 17 (5902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

UnsureSo sad to hear that my friend... im staying in Puchong too , i will sure keep an eye on any bull dogs. Good luck!

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

metay
Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2003, 10:39 PM

Post #8 of 17 (5895 views)
Shortcut

i'm so sorry to hear that.Frown..
Hope & pray that you will find your british bulldog back as soon as possible.Smile

(This post was edited by metay on Apr 24, 2003, 10:40 PM)

ncsl
Novice

Apr 24, 2003, 10:57 PM

Post #9 of 17 (5892 views)
Shortcut

Dear amyaai,

Do u have Bud's pciture ? I m looking out to buy an english bulldog puppies ...so may go a few places to view puppies ...can help u take o look and see of he's around or not.

ncsl

amyaai
Novice

Apr 25, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #10 of 17 (5889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ncsl] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. I have Bud's picture. I appreciate the help. But Bud's not a puppy anymore. About 1 year 7 months old. Picture attached. If picture is of no help, let me know, i send another one.

Amy
Attachments: Bud1.doc (56.5 KB)

amyaai
Novice

Apr 25, 2003, 12:06 AM

Post #11 of 17 (5888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the help.

Heard more awful stories concerning stolen dogs. Now am really frighten about what some mean ppl can do to dogs.

Hearsay, grass cutters and those fellas with municipal keep a lookout for dogs. When they spot a nice one, they pass on the msg and whereabouts. Then they visit around 3-5am.

Apparently there are a few bungalows at various locations where they keep the dogs.

Amy

eli
Enthusiast

Apr 25, 2003, 3:58 AM

Post #12 of 17 (5883 views)
Shortcut

hi, so sorry to hear about your dog. i live in neighbouring p. bdr puchong and my dog disappeared on 27/2.

hope u find bud soon.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 25, 2003, 4:25 AM

Post #13 of 17 (5882 views)
Shortcut

HI Amyaai,

It is so sad to lose a dog... I know how it felt coz I have been thru it. Do take care and I hope that you'll be able to get some good news.

Have you stick any flyers ? post in The Star paper ? I hope the suggestion helps...

cheers !

cheers,
minglmy

amyaai
Novice

Apr 25, 2003, 5:45 PM

Post #14 of 17 (5877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Ming Yang,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have printed flyers and circulated it to our friends and through email. We seriously doubt that Bud is in Puchong now, considering that he was stolen. We heard from others that stolen dogs are shipped to penang or JB, so we thought a notice via email through friends etc may be effective. We also sent notices to vets. Have checked about putting an ad in the Star. Couldnt afford the type of advertisement size we thought would be effective. We did go around the neighbourhood, chatting with our neighbours and telling them about this. So that they may lookout for any suspicious vehicles or persons who may be eyeing their dogs!

I have heard that some grass cutters that come around houses enquiring whether you need grass cut, also act as informants for dognappers.

We have made a police report and the puchong police have been quite sympathethic. AT least they accepted the report! Their advice is to microchip/ tattoo the dog, so that when they do find it, it can be identified. ALthough they are not so hopeful about finding the dog. Somehow, i think we have better chance of finding Bud ourselves.

Amy

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 25, 2003, 6:32 PM

Post #15 of 17 (5874 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amy,

At least the police accepted your report.

Anyway, do you have any more flyers ? Maybe I could help by passing those flyers to all the members and all of us could help by passing it around to people that we know and the area which u did not cover ? (most of us will be having a gathering on this coming saturday (Tomorrow) at Kota Kemuning so, we will be meeting up)

Do let me know if we can be of any help to you. Take care...

*keep praying*

cheers,
minglmy

ncsl
Novice

May 2, 2003, 6:07 PM

Post #16 of 17 (5852 views)
Shortcut

Sorry Amy,

So sorry! I have taken my puppy (english bulldog) home and I dont see any other older bulldogs that resemble your BUD.

ncsl

Frown

amyaai
Novice

May 2, 2003, 10:32 PM

Post #17 of 17 (5844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ncsl] Missing Bulldog [In reply to] Can't Post

ncsl,

Thanks for looking. We appreciate that.

I just heard that there is a pet detective (like ace ventura) in singapore. A friend suggested that we pay a visit to a local PI. Apparently they do this kind of investigation as well. Will keep u guys informed how things go.

Amy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my