Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
headache with my MS

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Sep 27, 2005, 5:55 PM

Post #1 of 20 (2657 views)
Shortcut
headache with my MS Can't Post

i hv a 2.5 mths old MS & lately she has bin givin me headache wif her behaviour, pee & poo problem. she has bin styin wif me 4bou 3 weeks nw.im styin alone n there4wen i go 2work she'll b home all by hersef. i used2put her in her cage wen im x ard bt lately i let her out wif a lead in my kitchen. i still hv d cage beside her juz in case she wans2pee or poo.1 funi thingy i noticed bout her is dat sumtimes she noes where she is supposed2pee n poo bt sumtimes she doesnt, so i'll tk it as she pees n poos at d rite plc is jz a co-incidence. evli evenin after feeding her, i'll watch her closely so wen she wans 2pee or poo i can carry her to the cage2do her biz, bt it seems lyk its x workin, she still poo n pees as n wen she feels like it. well, i din shout/scold her if i x c it. i even let her stay in her cage after meal 4her 2do her biz n will immediately let her out frm cage once she's done, still its x successful do i reli hv2watch her 24hrs-ly 2train her? n blif me i hv tried most of the methods i cld found in tis forum..

on top of the pee n poo problems, s u all noe puppies at her age like2bite n chew, i bought her soft-toy 2chew cz i read sumwhere dat MS likes soft-toy. well i admit piper loves hers 2. alternatively, she likes biting my fingers n toes2 n she gets reli aggressive wen she plays, she will jump, run round n round n etc...hyperactive i shd say. n oh ya..she likes to chew my hair when im lying down..pengsan! i got so upset wif her 1 day, at 11pm at nite i went looking4a cane, gosh! normali i x beat her nt 2 scare her. is there sumting wrong wif her bin so aggressive? im thinking dat if im unable to tk care / train her i shd sell her off. am i too impatient if i do so? shd i wait for a few more mths? will they bcome more obedient when they grow older? perhaps like 4-5 mths? i love piper, she is reli cute n adorable when she is x so aggresive.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Sep 27, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #2 of 20 (2652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Si|verDreaM] headache with my MS [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry typo error ---->i used2put her in her cage wen im x ard bt lately i let her out wif a LEASH in my kitchen.

In Reply To
i hv a 2.5 mths old MS & lately she has bin givin me headache wif her behaviour, pee & poo problem. she has bin styin wif me 4bou 3 weeks nw.im styin alone n there4wen i go 2work she'll b home all by hersef. i used2put her in her cage wen im x ard bt lately i let her out wif a lead in my kitchen. i still hv d cage beside her juz in case she wans2pee or poo.1 funi thingy i noticed bout her is dat sumtimes she noes where she is supposed2pee n poo bt sumtimes she doesnt, so i'll tk it as she pees n poos at d rite plc is jz a co-incidence. evli evenin after feeding her, i'll watch her closely so wen she wans 2pee or poo i can carry her to the cage2do her biz, bt it seems lyk its x workin, she still poo n pees as n wen she feels like it. well, i din shout/scold her if i x c it. i even let her stay in her cage after meal 4her 2do her biz n will immediately let her out frm cage once she's done, still its x successful do i reli hv2watch her 24hrs-ly 2train her? n blif me i hv tried most of the methods i cld found in tis forum..

on top of the pee n poo problems, s u all noe puppies at her age like2bite n chew, i bought her soft-toy 2chew cz i read sumwhere dat MS likes soft-toy. well i admit piper loves hers 2. alternatively, she likes biting my fingers n toes2 n she gets reli aggressive wen she plays, she will jump, run round n round n etc...hyperactive i shd say. n oh ya..she likes to chew my hair when im lying down..pengsan! i got so upset wif her 1 day, at 11pm at nite i went looking4a cane, gosh! normali i x beat her nt 2 scare her. is there sumting wrong wif her bin so aggressive? im thinking dat if im unable to tk care / train her i shd sell her off. am i too impatient if i do so? shd i wait for a few more mths? will they bcome more obedient when they grow older? perhaps like 4-5 mths? i love piper, she is reli cute n adorable when she is x so aggresive.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 28, 2005, 9:26 PM

Post #3 of 20 (2636 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Caught your posting and this might help. It is only a pup and not very certain what is required. One the cage/kennel is place to sleep not a place to pee or poo so not the right place to put it when it wants to poo or pee. Try setting up a place by putting some newspaper away from the cage and encourage it to go there to do it's business and do praise when it does it there. Try not to put a leash on when in the house. Do take it out for short walks but not too long, maybe 100 meters of so plus it has not got all his shots yet, try and tired it out. Hitting it or threatening do not help it's temperament as MS is very hyper and they can challenge you and if it does win you are going to have a tough time later. Training now is ideal, that is come when call, sit and follow you around the house is the best thing to do for now.

Try it and good luck.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2005, 5:54 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] headache with my MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks4 ur advice PSY. I have tried but it is not working Unimpressed she starts biting d newspaper in2 bits n pcs n dragging it the whole house. d worse nightmare came last nite when she started eating her stools! guez im a lousy trainer n she nvr listens 2me. dare nt let her out from the cage cos she bites my fingers n toes..i hv tried numerous method but all failed..

guez i better let her off to sum1 who has more time with her, day & nite time, do u hv any suggestion where i can sell piper to a good home?

buckieluck
Novice

Sep 29, 2005, 11:48 PM

Post #5 of 20 (2618 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

For potty training

Normally dogs don't like to poo/pee in their own cage. They know that the cage is their secured place, so they rather mess somewhere else. I think maybe your puppy is confused where to poo/pee. You can try to take her to the grass area (dogs love to do their business there).

For eating poo

My pup used to eat his poo all the time. When I checked his poo, I saw undigested food/kibbles. Maybe because he is still young and the digestive system is still not so good. But I always correct him when I saw him sniffing his poo. Now he doesn't really do it anymore.

For biting on heels and fingers

Puppies at 3 mths old love to explore things and they are very playful. Buckie always bit my heels when he plays with his toys and he always try to bite my fingers each time I pat him. I corrected him each time he did that..I tried few things :

1) When he bites my finger, i will press my fingers into his jaws till he chokes/retreat
2) When he bites, I yelled 'Ouch' and walked away
3) When he bites, I cane him (last resort).

Now he's 6 mths old and he knows how to control his bites. Imagine this, he was so active and playful since I brought him back but I kept on training him up and shaping him to be what I want him to be.
Now, he knows how to behave.

I'm sure you can too, you just have to be consistent and spend more time with your puppy. All dogs can be trained, it's just the matter of time :)
--------------------------------------------------------
Siberian Husky + Silky Terrier = My Buckie
Add Buckie in your Dogster : www.dogster.com/?187451

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 30, 2005, 7:23 PM

Post #6 of 20 (2606 views)
Shortcut

Hi SilverDreaM,

From what I can see, you seem like a first time dog owner, however if you are not then you need to find out more about the MS breed, secondly from what you have written it is mostly puppy behaviour so if you endure the "so call" punishment on you and continue training it you may end up having a lovely dog. However, in the mean time do look for a new owner for it just in case it does not work out. Here, you have given yourself time to train it plus time looking for a good home.

Dogs in general have very good short term memory hence you have repeat your training to a point it is second nature to your dog. Have a go and good luck.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Oct 3, 2005, 4:40 PM

Post #7 of 20 (2594 views)
Shortcut

thanks Buckieluck & PSY for your advice. yes in fact tis is the 1st time im having a dog so its kinda kelam-kabut Unsure

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2005, 9:17 PM

Post #8 of 20 (2579 views)
Shortcut

plz don't give up.....i knew u love ur dog.....just b more patient...

every1 also is once a 1st timer.....

i also kelam kabut when i got my 1st puppy n i even feed her wit table scrap n left over meal n thought that dog can also eat the same food as me.....

my puppy also like to play wit d newspaper......but wat u need 2 do is caught him in the act n snatch back d paper n give him a firm scolding....but don't wack him la....

mayb at 1st he doesn't understand what u r angry about......after a week or mayb even several weeks.....he will learn not to play wit d papers....

other option is to provide more toys for him....

mayb u could try crate training (metal pens)......(hope u r not living in apartment)....

this how it will works.....locate a place where u wan him to poo and put a crate there..... try to figure out when piper will do his business or mayb crate him up after meal n in d morning.....

put newspaper in the whole crate......crate him up and release him onli after he do his business....but this may coz some dog to bark.....

hang 2 this procedure for about 2 weeks n eventually just put newspaper on the located place without the crate n i'm definately sure that piper will know to pee and poo at that PLACE....without miss.....

just wanna show u here how i crate my puppy, but this pic is taken after i've just clean up her mess....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Oct 3, 2005, 9:24 PM)
Attachments: 69f9.jpg (54.5 KB)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 4, 2005, 2:42 AM

Post #9 of 20 (2548 views)
Shortcut

Hi, just talk to my dog trainer on the biting/play irritation issue, if you like do call me at 012 231-1032 this evening or tomorrow afternoon and I shall explain it to you. In fact we solve the same problem for someone earlier today, 3 month old Golden retriever.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Oct 4, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #10 of 20 (2524 views)
Shortcut

hi psy, i called the number u provided but a lady picked up saying dat its the wrong no. dat i hv called

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Oct 4, 2005, 9:53 PM

Post #11 of 20 (2518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] headache with my MS [In reply to] Can't Post

hi amanda thks4ur advice. i x stay in an apt or landed property but a town house, i hv a porch but normali i dun let piper out there. i hv seen the crate u had 4ur dog, where can i buy those? its sumting like fencing them up so there is x where they can runaway b4 they finish their biz. izit custom made or they come in various sizes?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 4, 2005, 10:35 PM

Post #12 of 20 (2508 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My fault, I did give you the wrong number, should be 019 231-1032

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2005, 6:05 PM

Post #13 of 20 (2496 views)
Shortcut

as u can see from d pic....i bought 4 pcs of the fence n join them up....so that's the minimum size....if for a bigger dog they would buy probably 6 pcs.....

i bought RM30 per pcs....u can find this from various pet shop.....just ask for 'fencing'...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 6, 2005, 7:36 PM

Post #14 of 20 (2481 views)
Shortcut

Hi.

How are you getting on with your dog? I have posted the right number but have not heard from you. Do hope he is better now with the biting.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Oct 6, 2005, 11:47 PM

Post #15 of 20 (2475 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSY, thanks alot 4ur help

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 7, 2005, 3:55 AM

Post #16 of 20 (2465 views)
Shortcut

No problem, I forgot to give you my e-mail, however maybe the next time you call. All the best.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 12, 2005, 4:30 AM

Post #17 of 20 (2421 views)
Shortcut

Hi, how are you getting along with your dog? I suppose no news is good news.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Oct 17, 2005, 4:11 PM

Post #18 of 20 (2398 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSY, sorry for the late reply, errrmm wz actually trying out ur method still...hahahah. neway i noticed dat she oli bites when she's playing aggressively, when she is calm, she doesnt bite i'm trying 2figure out if i have bin playing wif her roughly or wat. i hv read in sumwhere not in tis forum dat we shouldnt train our dog to bite or more precisely buying anything to curb the biting habit, is dat rite? its kinda confusing u noe, different individual saying different thingy.. and sumtimes its kinda contradicting Unimpressed

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 17, 2005, 7:05 PM

Post #19 of 20 (2389 views)
Shortcut

HI,

Nice to hear from you. As for the biting, I have never face problem like what you are experiencing now. If my pup bite, I just take it as play bite and find her/him a piece of cloth, fairly strong, and play tug of war with it and then stop when I am fed up. As I have mentioned, I do not have any problem and now my dogs are like baffalo and if you happen to tease them with a piece of cloth they will play tug of war and you do not wish to play it is fine with them too. Persoanlly, I think it is just a puppy syndrome. Remember how ever much you sayang your dog, it is only a dog and treat it like a dog, so just treat it well play with it, walk it and train it to suit your lifestyle and house rules. You will be fine.

Have fun and anymore thing you wish to know give me a tinkle. No issue.

Si|verDreaM
Dog Kichi

Oct 17, 2005, 8:04 PM

Post #20 of 20 (2387 views)
Shortcut

;) will do PSY thanks!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my