Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2005, 5:29 PM

Post #1 of 10 (5751 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion Can't Post

my shih tzu puppy ( Rainbow) is 13 weeks old in my shih tzu's vaccination or medical paper, under the Vaccination part there are 2 stickers. 1) FORT DODGE LCI-GP ( Leptospira Canicola-Grippotyhosa-Icterohaemorrhagiaea-Pomona Bacetrin/Bacterina de Leptospira Canicola-Grippotyphosa-Icterohaemorrrhagiae-Pomona) 2) FORT DODGE DURAMUNE Max-5 ( Canine Distemper-Adenovirus Type-2-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus Vaccine/ Vacuna de Moquillo Canino-Adenovirus Tipo 2-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus) erm... phew, at last i typed all .. kekke... wat did the owner give those vaccines? both are vaccnies? or one of it heartworm/deworm? coz the owner did told me that she has given him deworm once.... how much u all vaccinated / deworm for? wat do u all recommend for deworm / heartworm ?? the time to do it? the owner did asked me to use back their vet, but scared they pakat too, say my shih tzu is in good health...or wat.... or recommend me a vet from melawati/setapak area? if no good vets here, recommend me somewhere else its ok? and not too expensive ya... reasonable and good ones??

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2005, 10:40 PM

Post #2 of 10 (5741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shuwen84] shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

hi..

I think u sure very happy finally found a shin tzu (i m alice here). Emm.. answering to ur question I actually oso not very sure.. but i know all pup/dog must hv at least 3 vac.. n the deworm thing can do it monthly o yearly.. it can b giving by tablet o liquid..

I think u should look back other thread which related to tis if can u better look into all la.. bcoz tis question hv b answered many time...

All the doubt n answer u can find it here.. juz look back all the thread..

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 26, 2005, 11:25 PM

Post #3 of 10 (5739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shuwen84] shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

Vaccination refer this link :

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=76240;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Deworm refer this link :

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=218197;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Heartworm refer this link :

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=203038;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Hope this help.Wink

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Sep 26, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #4 of 10 (5732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

erm

actually i read finished this forum.... i read it b4 getting the puppy , maybe started a year ago....

finally got my lil shih tzu...

actually i do understand about the 3 jabs and deworming,heartguard thing..

juz that not sure how to read my vaccination card... 2 stickers meaning 2 jabs of vacinations?

and is heartguard/deworm written inside?

and i really wish u can introduce a good vet to me at setapak/melawati area in KL...good and reasonable...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2005, 10:51 PM

Post #5 of 10 (5714 views)
Shortcut

The vaccination 2 stickers is for 1 vaccination only. So 3 vaccination will be 6 stickers. Heartguard is not in the card. You need to give heart guard by yourself not done by the vet. For deworm, you should be able to see in the vaccination card. In Brickfield there is a very good vet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2005, 5:37 AM

Post #6 of 10 (5700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

heard from many ppl about the Brickfields...

but also heard that its more expensive.... and i also dunno how to go there!!

my puppy seems so much fatter now ... is eat i fee her too much..... but she still eats so fast

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2005, 10:56 PM

Post #7 of 10 (5698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] shih tzu -vaccination and heartworm/deworm confusion [In reply to] Can't Post

took her for 2nd vacci and deworm and also heartguard pill

but her stools become watery, is this normal???

she also has coughs

no fever

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2005, 4:26 PM

Post #8 of 10 (5689 views)
Shortcut

Normally after deworming of the dog it will have watery stool. Its ok after 2 days or so will be back to normal. There is another good vet in Taman Megah. The name is Dr. Yeoh. Normally good vet are expensive. Sometimes we just have to spend if you want your dog to be well. Better take your dog to see a vet soon. Coughing can be very serious for puppy. Sometimes can cause death.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on Oct 3, 2005, 4:27 PM)

shuwen84
Dog Kichi

Oct 3, 2005, 9:13 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5675 views)
Shortcut

took her to the vet...

the vet says everything is fine as she is still active

phew.... scare me

her stool getting harder day by day.... CoolCool

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2005, 4:39 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5655 views)
Shortcut

Good to hear that everything is fine. Always keep close watch of your puppy until they have finish their vaccination.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my