IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
A barking problem pom being put down

phekling19

Sep 15, 2005, 6:42 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1448 views)
Shortcut
A barking problem pom being put down Can't Post

I saw a mid-age woman brought her cute, healthy female pom to euthanize at vet clinic. This pom was about 7 year old then. She seemed healthy, slightly hyperactive...overall she didnt seem nuisane. But the woman said the pom got barking problem. Day also bark, night also bark...even mid-night bark even more! Ermm...I felt so sad to see a healthy dog being put down. After the woman left, I asked the vet curi curi give the pom to me...but he didn't want to because he said she really got problem... So sad...FrownExperienced dog lovers out there...you think it's a serious problem?
A Hopeless Dog Lover and love dogs as if no tomorrow ... Frown
NO CRUELTY TO ANIMALS Frown
www.dogster.com/?188399.

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2005, 8:58 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phekling19] A barking problem pom being put down [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't think the dog have any serious problem. I think the problem come from that women.Mad

How can she just ask the vet to put down a healthy dog like that. This is SAD

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 15, 2005, 10:29 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phekling19] A barking problem pom being put down [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahhh ... disappointment all round ...

Excessive barking is a problem ~ that is not deniable ... Living in a city with close neighbours, and even for ourselves - a dog that barks excessively is an issue ... BUT it is almost never such big problem that the only solution is put down.

Certainly putting down is not an option before trying to find out what is causing the dog to bark so much ... caged too long? Insufficient human or animal interraction? ... Very few dogs bark without reason.

And even so ... the dog can be de-barked or re-homed ...

(Unless the vet had good sound reasons) I would also think it is wrong for the vet to simply reject a chance at saving the dog. Did the vet explain what problem the dog had, that justifies putting down?

Sad.

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 15, 2005, 10:31 PM)

phekling19

Sep 16, 2005, 3:34 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] A barking problem pom being put down [In reply to] Can't Post

Yalo...myself also think that there's nothing wrong with the pet and the problem come from that woman lo! She brought her there that time, I saw her and I couldn't feel any sadness in her eyes or something. She just asked to vet do it quick! OMG...After that, before the vet euthanize the poor thing...the woman already gone! So irresponsible! The vet told me most of the time she was kept in the cage...no wonder ma...for me also bark la! He didnt really tell me what's wrong with her. He said better don't take her home because she's a bit siao. I don't know why the vet dont want to give her to me. I mean, if she siao I also don't mind ma...since she's quite old d. Anyways she wont cause big problem. Maybe he worried after the woman see she angry or something..there goes an innocence dog life...sad sad...
www.dogster.com/?188399.

(This post was edited by phekling19 on Sep 16, 2005, 3:42 AM)

phekling19

Sep 16, 2005, 3:48 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] A barking problem pom being put down [In reply to] Can't Post

I also think that the main problem come from that woman. If she took care of her with love, she won't be like this and ended up being put down with a lame reason. Sighhh...what to do. People like this are everywhere. They like the dogs when they're young and healthy...they started to hate the dogs when they are old-sick... IRON-HEART!
www.dogster.com/?188399.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my