Home: Behavioral Problems: Barking & Growling Problems:
Barking at sounds

babydoll
Dog Kichi

Sep 14, 2005, 12:06 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Barking at sounds Can't Post

help! my dog barks and growls at sounds she hears from outside...

Sometimes its nothing, like someone comin out of the lift or someone walking pass next door.

whats wrong with her?

-------------------------------------------------

>>MIMI & ROMEO PHOTOS<<

www.dogster.com/?193902

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 14, 2005, 3:08 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babydoll] Barking at sounds [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again,

There is nothing wrong with your pup. Barking is natural to a pup/dog. All dogs bark. It would be unatural for a dog not to bark!

Why do dogs bark? Dogs bark for a multitude of reasons. They bark when they are happy, when they want attention. They bark when they see or hear something unusual, when they are frightened ... they bark as a greeting, the bark as a warning ... the list goes on ...

Dogs have a whole range of barks & sounds which they make for a whole range of reasons ... sometimes they just bark for fun! ... Barking is as natural for dogs as speaking is for you and I.

So - as posted to you before - go get that good dog book and learn about your new little friend ... so that you can start your journey to being a good dog owner, who has learnt to understand your dog.

Cheers

babydoll
Dog Kichi

Sep 14, 2005, 4:40 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Barking at sounds [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you... but i think she doesnt like it when people are being

noisy at nights... she bark and growl. but i stay in a condo

so there are annoying people who dont respect other people.

thank you, ill make sure i learn to understand her more...

>>MIMI & ROMEO PHOTOS<<

www.dogster.com/?193902

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 14, 2005, 7:04 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2127 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Yes, for sure dogs will bark and growl at "strangers", that too is normal behaviour of a dog, it is part of their "territorial" instinct.

Learning to understand your dog (and dogs in general) is a wonderful journey. I know our dogs have taught us much.

But do be careful. Maybe your condo is different, but most condos in Malaysia do not allow dogs. So, it would be wise to learn how to teach your dog not to bark too much.

All the best.

Cheers Smile

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 14, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2125 views)
Shortcut

babydoll

remember dont simply let ppl enter ur house o, make sure ur hosue door is lock. even management officers or authority cannot enter without ur permission if they dont have any permit. Smile

Regards,

Yang

chanol
Novice

Sep 16, 2005, 7:18 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2110 views)
Shortcut

Hello,
I do hav a maltese who use to bark whenever anyone passby my apartment when he 3 month old. Now he is 9 month old. Even at mid night or day time, he want me to come out to check it out b4 he could stop barking. Since then i will open the door & let him see who is passing by & tell him to recongise the footstep.After a month or 2 he is able to recongise the noise & footstep & stop barking. Now he only bark at the TNB meter reader man & some courier service man & strangers, which seldom comeby. I think your furkid bark to protect your property/master, it a blessing u hav got a good dog to watch over your property. Training & patience is a must at this stage. U may try out this method.

babydoll
Dog Kichi

Nov 6, 2005, 7:09 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chanol] Barking at sounds [In reply to] Can't Post

i do open the door to let her see whats outside.. theres obviously nothing... but she'll take a quick look, then bark again.

shes been living here for nearly one yr, and she still barks at my neighbour when he comes home, leaves or when his friends come over.... it pisses my bf off, and he'll smack her hard. and if he's in a really bad mood he'll try to kill her (over exaggerating!)

>>MIMI & ROMEO PHOTOS<<

www.dogster.com/?193902

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my