stay away from this petshop

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

valerie
Novice

Apr 18, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #1 of 41 (5353 views)
Shortcut
stay away from this petshop Can't Post

i bought my miniature schnauzer from a petshop in petaling street on 24 mac, she was born on 5 feb.YES!!!!!the oneUnsure that pet shop so frequently mentioned here...i didn;t found out about this site when i bought her but she was really hyperactive and bright and alert for the first 11 days Shocked then she started having diarrhea terrribly for 2 days so i brought her to this vet in old klang road if you anyone of you know which i am talking about (it costs a bomb!!)and they did a virus check on her and stuff saying that she was had diarrhea cox of the environmentUnsure that night when i fed her medicine after meal she vomitted everything out and the same thing for the following day so i quickly brought her to the vet again but different vet this time and and sasha stayed there 3 days for obervation until the diarrhea was not so bad....but the following day she started having diarrea again AND vomitting, heavy discharge aroung the eyes and nose (bleeding!), difficulty breathing and lifeless...i brought her to another vet in taman desa this time and doc said sasha has got canine distemper within minutes of inspectionPirate i was crushed when he said it was incurable and fatal the next day i brought her to UPM vet clinic and they said the same thing like what dr.ben(Taman DEsa)said.i need to orserve her for another 3 days and see how she progress(today is the first day) and if she shows signs of improvement then observe another 2 weeks..well i tell this story is to share my experience i had with the bloody pet shop and must get a good vet!

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 18, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #2 of 41 (5342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [valerie] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ! so sad to hear this news again from our member.Unsure Hope Sasha will getting well.
God Bless this little puppy!!!
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

valerie
Novice

Apr 18, 2003, 10:37 PM

Post #3 of 41 (5337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

thanx for your support ashley...i am just keeping my figer crossed and pray and hope for a miracle will happen...she is only 2 months old... no puppy deserves this.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 18, 2003, 10:50 PM

Post #4 of 41 (5334 views)
Shortcut

Dear Valerie,

So sorry to hear about Sasha Frown Frown Frown Sparkle and I will be praying for her.

Just wondering...if so many complained about the shop, doesn't all the "professional breeder" know about it too? The guy at that shop even told my bf that one of the pugs there was a champion breed! Mad Mad Mad And if they are all MKA certified, does MKA have the authority to do anything about it?(eg handle complaints from ppl who bought their pets from that shop)

It's sad to see so many cute pups from that shop die because of the irresponsible breeder/seller. Worst of all, the buyer who spends so much $$ buying the pup and then developing a bond with the pup has to risk losing the puppy. Frown Frown

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 18, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #5 of 41 (5328 views)
Shortcut

hi there,
we are very sorry!!
I just wonder can we file a law suit on those inhumane pet shops/ breeders? Maybe they know we have least consumer right in Malaysia, as they exploit us and we will still keep quiet.
Pls try to file a case in Consumer Association if they will any action?

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 19, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #6 of 41 (5321 views)
Shortcut

hi valerie,

so sorry to hear what happen your furkids.....we pray for shasa to get well soon.....

regards
kangser and nous

KawChai
Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2003, 2:53 AM

Post #7 of 41 (5311 views)
Shortcut

valerie..

Frown sorry to hear about this.... Mad hope the pet shop will get their pay back one fine day Mad

hope sasha will get better....

me & yoda will be praying for sasha

valerie
Novice

Apr 19, 2003, 3:30 AM

Post #8 of 41 (5309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Everyone,

I'm Valerie's brother, Steven.

Thanks for your concerns, really appriaciated it but the huge scar has been done on Sasha. My family really feel upset, being cheated and unfair about this sad case. My sister (Valerie) didn't know there has been a lot of complaints about this Petaling Street Pet Shop in this forum like this here: http://www.puppy.com.my/...et_shops_warning_P15

Please see the 2nd posting onwards.. and so on. You will find more and more complaints about this shop. Now i really hope ppl like "Delithra", "leowjp", "Derrickok", "hclai", "milky_ways24" want to give an hand to us or just for the sake of the rest of the dogs still in the shop or to be in the shop in fighting our rights against this shop from Petaling Street. What do you think?

Althought may be too late for Sasha and also for those unfortunate buyerS from the shop ( their dogs can't survived from the deadly disease ), but it's NEVER TOO LATE for us to make a complain and fight for sake of the rest of the dogs and buyers that will be going to buy there.

Ok, now the question is where are we going to make complain right? Frist of all, I will get a letter from a Vet doctor in TAMAN DESA - Dr. Ben ( Well, the worst thing is Dr. Ben actually said a lot ppl went to his shop also because of this disease and to our suprised those dogs are actually bought from the shop in Petaling Jaya ) to support us and also could be from UPM because Sasha been sent before so the doctor what is happening. Also please take a look of this website ( the link below )

http://www.kpdnhq.gov.my/...nglish/mainETTP.html

Where please click at the Types Of Claims Before Tribunal you will what sort of complain we can file.

Again we simply can't do it without your greatest help and we must also look at the sake of the rest of the dogs and future buyers. WE MUST DO SOMETHING. Hope we can gather some time next week to discuss about this.

Personally i really want to make this to the stage we can tell everyone that this shop sells dogs without the sake of loving of the dogs but just for the money eventhough they may have KNEW those dogs have disease or even didn't really give good quality vaccination to them. See I'm not sure whether am I making my assumption right, so i really need to hear from you guys.

Many Thanks!

Steven & Valerie

Khoobg
Webmaster

Apr 19, 2003, 5:34 PM

Post #9 of 41 (5300 views)
Shortcut

Hi Valarie,

It is sad to learnt that another dog purchased from that pet shop has to go through the suffering. I truely understand how you feel and the anger that you have against that pet shop. I have gone through what you have experienced with my dog purchased there was force to put to sleep due to distemper.

So many dogs has died and yet the pet shop continue to make money at the expense of the life and welfare of those poor puppies. Soo many of those puppies have gone to rainbow bridge and yet they can sleep well at night and continue to churn out money out of the trade.

The only way to help those puppies is to stop buying puppies from there and inform all your friend on the risk of purchasing puppies from such pet shop.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Apr 19, 2003, 5:36 PM)

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2003, 6:04 PM

Post #10 of 41 (5296 views)
Shortcut

hello valerie,

so sorry to hear about sasha...

be strong...have faith.. and most importantly, do not give up...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 19, 2003, 6:27 PM

Post #11 of 41 (5294 views)
Shortcut

Very sorry to hear on what you and your family went through. We'll warn as much friends as possible about the unethical shop that did this to Sasha... hope she gets well soon.

neurotoxicz
Dog Kichi

Apr 21, 2003, 12:12 AM

Post #12 of 41 (5260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I feel sorry too to have heard that such a thing is going on in West Malaysia.I'm from East Malaysia so i don't think i know where you are talking about.I've not been to Petaling Street but i can understand that there are many people who are desperate for money until they do cruel things to innocent lives.

I have a question though.I've heard many cases of dogs dying because of distemper.I can also see the vaccination sticker for my Dachshund that says vaccination for distemper(or something like that).So,what exactly is distemper?The dog is okay but suddenly becomes fatal.......what happened???Bad treatment or uncaring doings?.....
[~*~NeuR0ToxiCz~*~]

valerie
Novice

Apr 21, 2003, 6:20 PM

Post #13 of 41 (5235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neurotoxicz] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

hi neurotoxicz and everyone,

Yeah.... this shop is still selling dogs like usual and yet no one take action on them... i really feel sad about this. Well, I have consulted Dr. Ben in Tmn Desa said no use at all, because worse come to worse the court will fined them RM100 and kill the dog and the pet shop continue to do business as normal.... ( Where is the Justice!? ). Nevermind we will still try to fine an answer from UPM and will update you all later.

ALL we can do is don't but dog from there... and spread this news!! to everyone if possible.

For Distamper disease click here

http://www.abap.org/vet1297.htm

Cheers!

Val and Steve

edser

Apr 24, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #14 of 41 (5159 views)
Shortcut

Frownvery sadden

We are so sorry to hear above sasha and other dogs. We have heard of this but this is getting worse. How can they do this to animals?How can they do it to us? We have actually told some of friends who are interested to get pupies not to get from those pet shops! maybe at this moment this is the only thing we could do...but there are so many vulnerable animal lovers out there and as long as they have business, more dogs will suffer.FrownUNJUSTICE.....

We hope we could really do something about it!!!!

UnimpressedEnzo mama and papa

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

nathalie
Doggyman

Apr 29, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #15 of 41 (5096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Valerie,

How's your doggie now? did it make thrrrrrrough? I hope it does, my friend, yongthresa too bought a golden rtv from a breeder in kl and was diagnosed with distemper. the dr said the same thing. wait for 3 days first, however after that miserable night, he passed away in the morning. sure hope your dog is safe coz it hurts to see dogs dying, especially a fragile puppy.May god bless both of u to pull thru.

valerie
Novice

Apr 29, 2003, 11:05 PM

Post #16 of 41 (5072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi nat sasha passed away on last sarturday night. i didn;t put her to sleep though the doc advised me todo so...my family couldn;t afford to do that nor we want to see her suffer but we thought that we didn;t have the right to end her life.she didn;t cry in pain..she never did she just was breathing heavily til the last breath.thanx for all the advises and support everyone has showed all along.gob bless her

in memory of sasha

5/2/03-27/04/03

valerie

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Apr 30, 2003, 4:58 AM

Post #17 of 41 (5058 views)
Shortcut

hi valerie,

i'm so sorry to hear this... let's pray for her.... Frown

cheers,
minglmy

ilovedog
New User

Apr 30, 2003, 12:24 PM

Post #18 of 41 (5049 views)
Shortcut

Valerie,

I'm new here....just joined today and I've read your story about Sasha's death. Sorry to hear that she didn't make it through. I can't own a dog yet but I do understands how it feels to lose a "friend for life". I'm looking forward of becoming a volunteer in SPCA cuz' this is a way where I can get close to dogs ( and as well cats ) and understand them more before getting one. Anyway, may Sasha finds a nice place in Heaven.

edser

May 1, 2003, 5:11 PM

Post #19 of 41 (5034 views)
Shortcut

Valerie and family, take care,

please do not fell too sad for i think sasha have found so many who loved her even in her condition. and i think her suffering has ended. we hope that she will find a great place in heaven too. maybe one day if fate permits, sasha will again become a family to you!!

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

nathalie
Doggyman

May 2, 2003, 6:23 AM

Post #20 of 41 (5017 views)
Shortcut

FrownI'm really sorry to hear that Valerie, Please do not be so upset, take care u & ur family. Trust me, she will always have u in her mind like u have her in yours. May God bless you, your family and Sasha.

arthur
ALPHA

May 2, 2003, 7:37 AM

Post #21 of 41 (5015 views)
Shortcut

Hi Valerie,

I just read about the sad news on Sasha..Frown At least now she'll be playing happily at the rainbow bridge while she waits patiently for her owners arrival.

I propose during all puppy.com gathering, we will make it a standard practise to remind all doggie owners (and prospective doggie owners) about this particular petshop. This is the least we can do. If we can avoid even one needless death thru this action, then she would not have died in vain.

In memory of Sasha 05Feb03 - 27Apr03.

Rdgs Arthur

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 2, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #22 of 41 (5009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Arthur,

i totally agree with what u said. I think we should make it a point to bring this issue up to all the new members who are looking for a dog for the first time, or another dog...or just tell them. I'm sure this news can spread also by word of mouth.

THe Pet Shop is one culprit...but the BREEDERS who supply their dogs to that particular petshop are just as bad! I think proper breeders care where the puppies go to and who will eventually keep the puppy. And if anyone manages to find out who the breeders are, can MKA be alerted so if they were to register any puppies in future, they'll probably be blacklisted or something!

ginl
ALPHA

May 2, 2003, 8:56 PM

Post #23 of 41 (5004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Michelle,

Sad to say we cannot stop breeders frm selling puppies to petshops...asking MKA to blacklist the breeders who has sold pups to petshop is also hard to do....if you are going to tell them that the breeders sold pups to the petshop with a deadly disease, there's no way u can prove this...perhaps the pups only contracted the disease after being placed in the shop....the only way we can stop this is by not buying frm the shop itself....if there is no demand frm the customers then the petshop owner will less likely to buy dogs frm breeders wanting to sell to them.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 2, 2003, 10:08 PM

Post #24 of 41 (5000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gina, Smile

thanks for the input. Then I sure hope the pet shop is bad mouthed so bad that everyone knows about them! Mad

kingkong
Canine Addict

May 2, 2003, 10:25 PM

Post #25 of 41 (4999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] stay away from this petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Valerie & family,

Just read yr posting n i deeply sorry for wat happen to sasha. Just b strong n we all here are always sharing the good n bad thing happen with u.

4 my opinion, u may post a complain to MKA, Kementerian hal ehwal pengguna/ perdagangan dalam negeri....... to express your unsatisfactory to the unresposible petshop and tell them what had happen (IF u really think of doing something instead of doing nothing to the unresposible petshop), treat this as a FEEDBACK for their records so that they record down the complaint for their future references. they definately going to take action if more complaints reported against the shop. This is the best we can do and don expect any legally action n intention to shut down the shop or anything since there are so many argueable issue that it will just wasting our time to do so.......

We do our part by supply the authority with all the STATISTIC INFORMATION they need, they will do their part to investigate and take any action to those unresposible people....

i think u already handling this situation nicely by letting all of us know about the unresponsible pet shop and we do appreciate your information to us.... at least we already get some useful feedback information for us to make a better decision in the future.

lastly, i (WE) will always remember there was once a little cute MiniS called SASHA who r now living peacefully in his new heavenly world....

give u a big brother HUG and we just let go the stone in our heart away.... cheers!

Regards,
Eric with Sushi, a long-coat chihuahua.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my