Top Gundog for year 2005

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 30, 2005, 10:07 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1657 views)
Shortcut
Top Gundog for year 2005 Can't Post

Hi all,

would like to share TOP 3 gundog of year 2005 (updated till Last show)

Leading:

1) Mal Ch Braz Jch St James Prince Of Tides At Ricjo’s (ACS) owned by Ricky -- 50 Points

2) St James Tee Time (ACS) owned by Robert Kau & Kuah Sin Huat -- 35 points

3) Good Time's Moon Over Miami (GR) owned by Agus Weidyanto(Indonesian) -- 30 points

Ricky

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2005, 12:39 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] Top Gundog for year 2005 [In reply to] Can't Post

FYI, Oversea dog's point is not eligible for Eukunuba Cup.

clangan
K9 Maniac

Sep 5, 2005, 9:25 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ricky,

I am proud of your beautiful achievements till date. The challenge in a dog show for the seasoned show "kaki's" are being able to breed top dogs without 'political' interference and winning a dog which carries your legacy, not buying one from someone and win and claimed no.1 here and there, that's the challenge bro!!! Though I am proud of your achievements till date in a short span of time!

There are another group of friends who win big in the show ring but short of a 'wira kampung', they win big in locally because they sits in the seats of power but never has the guts to pursue their dogs' shows career overseas! Your fellow American Cock kaki did us proud in Thailand last year, I suggest you follow that footstep. Wonder why he never once obtain any Reserve Best In Show in Malaysia but able to win in a more competitive ground in Thailand!!!???

Regards,

clangan

(This post was edited by clangan on Sep 5, 2005, 9:36 PM)

ricky
Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2005, 2:55 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clangan] Top Gundog for year 2005 [In reply to] Can't Post

How to define a good dog is very very subjective. Although showing a dog until a biggest achievements, however there are still a certain group of people will never ever recognize your dog's achievement, that’s why I said define a good dog is very subjective and I also never bother people like or dislike my dog.

If you would like to praise someone on her/his achievements, you should base on their "spirit" , "Effort", "passion" and achievements regardless it is a local breed or imported.

Just a simple question, assuming I send you a BEST IN SHOW local breed dog or Imported BIS dog, if your never put effort , do you think the dog will win??? The answer is NO ,if the dog will win , its just a short span of time just like what you mention.

I always believe showing dog is not only showing "dog”, at the same time, you must show your spirit, effort, and passion on this sports.

Of course I agree with you, breeding local breed is a tough challenge, but if you not recognize the imported dog, why you still using imported dog as your foudation???If not starting to import a good dog, how you’re starting your breeding program?

You are mention "Local Breed”, How you define a local breed? How you define local breed and imported if the parents are imported? The answer is “local breed = Imported” the only different is the location where the puppies born. Therefore, Imported or local breed is nothing to do with the achievement.

“We should not look at the people's dog however you should look at how people work with their dogs”

In Reply To
Hi Ricky,

I am proud of your beautiful achievements till date. The challenge in a dog show for the seasoned show "kaki's" are being able to breed top dogs without 'political' interference and winning a dog which carries your legacy, not buying one from someone and win and claimed no.1 here and there, that's the challenge bro!!! Though I am proud of your achievements till date in a short span of time!

There are another group of friends who win big in the show ring but short of a 'wira kampung', they win big in locally because they sits in the seats of power but never has the guts to pursue their dogs' shows career overseas! Your fellow American Cock kaki did us proud in Thailand last year, I suggest you follow that footstep. Wonder why he never once obtain any Reserve Best In Show in Malaysia but able to win in a more competitive ground in Thailand!!!???

Regards,

friendly,
RicKY

clangan
K9 Maniac

Sep 6, 2005, 10:17 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1561 views)
Shortcut

How to define a good dog is very very subjective. Although showing a dog until a biggest achievements, however there are still a certain group of people will never ever recognize your dog's achievement, that’s why I said define a good dog is very subjective and I also never bother people like or dislike my dog.
A good dog should only be defined by its standard and judged by a seasoned non-political judge! I always wonder what a 18 year old could ever become a judge what more the person that approved their license!!!! There is only one standard and that is the correct standard where the breed is bred for, the question of judging "subjectively" only meant an inexperience judge who do not know much about its breeds. As for the question about fellow show person liking your dogs or not or recognising your achievements, I am sure there are many like me who admires your dogs' beauty and achievements but whether you bother about them or I are utterly not important

If you would like to praise someone on her/his achievements, you should base on their "spirit" , "Effort", "passion" and achievements regardless it is a local breed or imported.

I am sure I started off my note mentioning "I am proud of your beautiful achievements till date", now I am going to add on with; you have great spirit, super effort and die hard passion for your breed, though imported or not, it does not matter ! Keep up the good work brother!

Just a simple question, assuming I send you a BEST IN SHOW local breed dog or Imported BIS dog, if your never put effort , do you think the dog will win??? The answer is NO ,if the dog will win , its just a short span of time just like what you mention.

Absolutely spot on, it is ultimately about maintaning them to perfection through good diet, exercise and grooming. But don't you think that it is a even bigger challenge if the baby was to be whelped in your hands, nurture by you from day 1 to his ultimate achievement, won't you agree that it is even a higher mountain to climb? I have seen people in my breed who buys dogs by the RM100k and win big, but what has they bred out of this winners? I say, people can buy great dogs but majority cannot breed one that even come close to its father or forefathers! The short span winner we have seen them all, they come and go faster than the football season, so, those are not within the circle of show kaki I mentioned to you!

Of course I agree with you, breeding local breed is a tough challenge, but if you not recognize the imported dog, why you still using imported dog as your foudation???If not starting to import a good dog, how you’re starting your breeding program?

You are right, we must get the right foundation, not easy but we pursue! I did not disagree about any imports and imported dogs are important to set our foundation but the challenge has began for you to breed your own champions, that's what I said to many even Marcus with his imported BIS Pom and Dr. Kwan with his top Gundog and many more.

You are mention "Local Breed”, How you define a local breed? How you define local breed and imported if the parents are imported? The answer is “local breed = Imported” the only different is the location where the puppies born. Therefore, Imported or local breed is nothing to do with the achievement.
I don't think I can agree with you on this statement. The word explains it all. Local breed means theya re born locally. Imported ones are born overseas. Proton uses Mitsubishi technology, do you call Proton Made In Japan but manufacture in Malaysia?

“We should not look at the people's dog however you should look at how people work with their dogs”
"SETUJU !"

Now, to you brother Rick, don't take offence of my message, all I am saying is we must be able to produce good dogs, ultimately owners that buys our home bred pups in our country can benefit from it. I see people bringing in BIS dogs only to produce sub-standard puppies because they do not know the tenets of breeding. I think you know where I am coming from.

Keep up the good work!

clangan

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 6, 2005, 10:33 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clangan] Top Gundog for year 2005 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for interfereBlush

I totally agree with Mr. Gan this point.

Absolutely spot on, it is ultimately about maintaning them to perfection through good diet, exercise and grooming. But don't you think that it is a even bigger challenge if the baby was to be whelped in your hands, nurture by you from day 1 to his ultimate achievement, won't you agree that it is even a higher mountain to climb? I have seen people in my breed who buys dogs by the RM100k and win big, but what has they bred out of this winners? I say, people can buy great dogs but majority cannot breed one that even come close to its father or forefathers! The short span winner we have seen them all, they come and go faster than the football season, so, those are not within the circle of show kaki I mentioned to you!

Mr. Gan keep up the good work and also RickyWink Hope more dog show breeder will follow ur foot step.

clangan
K9 Maniac

Sep 7, 2005, 9:33 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Top Gundog for year 2005 [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris,

You must be the next watch dog of puppy.com huh!!! Blush

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my