Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave

carinmanfong
Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2005, 7:28 PM

Post #1 of 15 (3527 views)
Shortcut
FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave Can't Post

helo, my ms gt fungus thingy on his eyes, nose area and mouth. i bring him to the vet few days ago.. and the vet said cannot do anything only let it heal by itself coz he may eat the medi if apply. then the vet do suggest to shave the fur. he said will heal faster. but i tell the vet dun shave. i will observe for awhile then only decide.

now, my ms gt dry skin sticking on his fur.. n if i pull the dry skin.. the fur oso will come out sometimes.. he dun hv sign of ichy oso. n no wet wet on the skin. i dunno he is recovering o still the same.. o worst~?!

i really dun feel like wan to shave the fur. coz those part really grow very slow.

how a?! how a?!what can i do? really confuse now. dunno wat to do...

i worry it will spread oso. some more he is 7 weeks onli. he can tahan o not?!

HELP!!
**A pet is a LIFE TIME commitment..**

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2005, 8:01 PM

Post #2 of 15 (3518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carinmanfong] FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave [In reply to] Can't Post

After shave ur dog don't look nice and sumore the hair very difficult to grow back.

Did the vet give any medication to ur dog since he say cannot apply any cream on it?

I personally experience this once on my Silky. Almost whole body, but I did't shave it and it took me about 2 month time to cure it. The question an shaving also running on my head about sometime. But I decided to keep the hair cause that what make my silky look good right? I done it without shaving the hair and it worth the effort. If you did't shave the hair it does take your dog longer time to recover/heal.

At the end is up to you. This is just my personal experience. Good LuckWink

abbyying
Dog Kichi

Aug 23, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #3 of 15 (3506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carinmanfong] FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
helo, my ms gt fungus thingy on his eyes, nose area and mouth. i bring him to the vet few days ago.. and the vet said cannot do anything only let it heal by itself coz he may eat the medi if apply. then the vet do suggest to shave the fur. he said will heal faster. but i tell the vet dun shave. i will observe for awhile then only decide.

now, my ms gt dry skin sticking on his fur.. n if i pull the dry skin.. the fur oso will come out sometimes.. he dun hv sign of ichy oso. n no wet wet on the skin. i dunno he is recovering o still the same.. o worst~?!

i really dun feel like wan to shave the fur. coz those part really grow very slow.

how a?! how a?!what can i do? really confuse now. dunno wat to do...

i worry it will spread oso. some more he is 7 weeks onli. he can tahan o not?!

HELP!!

dun worry . i ask my fren and see wat can help lo , my fren is dog guniess la i ask and see for u la dun worry ya.

u go peng anu right ??? last saturday i also go there . u wan u can try another vet and see how lo if wan i can introduce u lo

later i call and ask him then tell u if he at home la i think dinner time he will at home coz have to give dog eat hehehehe .

u know chinese ???? if know to read chinese cndog.net/jibin/jibin_last.asp?articleid=352 or cndog.net/jibin/default.asp (if that cant open la )hope that this website can help u

(This post was edited by Admin on Aug 30, 2005, 4:17 AM)

carinmanfong
Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2005, 4:37 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abbyying] FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

dun worry . i ask my fren and see wat can help lo , my fren is dog guniess la i ask and see for u la dun worry ya.

u go peng anu right ??? last saturday i also go there . u wan u can try another vet and see how lo if wan i can introduce u lo

later i call and ask him then tell u if he at home la i think dinner time he will at home coz have to give dog eat hehehehe .

u know chinese ???? if know to read chinese cndog.net/jibin/jibin_last.asp?articleid=352 or cndog.net/jibin/default.asp (if that cant open la )hope that this website can help u

i think i observe for awhile see how lo. i ask some breeder.. they said it's normal.. coz imune sys low. so i think i'll try give him vit supplement.. see how lo... i cannot help. i let u knw ya!!

thanks for ur help! realy appreciate it! Blush

(This post was edited by Admin on Aug 30, 2005, 4:18 AM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 24, 2005, 11:48 PM

Post #5 of 15 (3473 views)
Shortcut

carinmanfong

well i deal with quitea number of stray dogs & lots of them do get fungus. there is medication/cream to cure fungus but it really mainly caused by immune system.

even the fungus cured after u provide them with medicine, if the dog's immune system is low, the fngus will come into attack again.

so the best thing to do is provide ur dog with good quality dog food, make sure the place ur dog staying is not stuffy, not to damp, & the most important thing is give more love to ur dog & let her always feel happy.

& be aware always wash ur hand b4 & after approach the dog, as the fungus is contagious to human, at least, for my case, it is.

Regards,

Yang

carinmanfong
Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2005, 4:18 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
carinmanfong

well i deal with quitea number of stray dogs & lots of them do get fungus. there is medication/cream to cure fungus but it really mainly caused by immune system.

even the fungus cured after u provide them with medicine, if the dog's immune system is low, the fngus will come into attack again.

so the best thing to do is provide ur dog with good quality dog food, make sure the place ur dog staying is not stuffy, not to damp, & the most important thing is give more love to ur dog & let her always feel happy.

& be aware always wash ur hand b4 & after approach the dog, as the fungus is contagious to human, at least, for my case, it is.

oo.. thanks for ur advise!!:) will take note! hehe.

(This post was edited by carinmanfong on Aug 25, 2005, 4:20 PM)

Nick Chew
Novice

Sep 1, 2005, 11:20 PM

Post #7 of 15 (3430 views)
Shortcut

Aiyoooo... carin..i m eunice arr...my tammy oso facing same problem near her stomac plc & neck,i onli appy skin cream bought from petshop,almost 1-2weeks..not yet totally recover?! izzit yellow spot?? dry like dandruff?

i m suspect dog food problem,any dog food recommend with affordable price? last time i tried feed Pro-Pac Puppy Dog Food,Now Taken Proformance Lamb & Rice Dog Food,Before I Get Her From Breeder,Mr Lee Feed Her With Canidae Dog Food,Should I Follow Back?

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 2, 2005, 12:54 AM

Post #8 of 15 (3421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nick Chew] FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave [In reply to] Can't Post

I think most probably ur dog is allergy to dog food you are currently feeding. Try change back the dog kibble ur breeder previourly feeding her and encourage her drink more water. You can try adding some pure honey into the water.

Hope this help.Wink

Nick Chew
Novice

Sep 2, 2005, 4:30 PM

Post #9 of 15 (3409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] FungUs Thing! To Shave or not to Shave [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile thank you chrisong! i will change back the dog food,rather pay more $ buy expensive dog food than need to bring her go to vet waitse $

** one more thing,normally how many weeks,fungus only can totally recover? now after apply cream,almost two weeks,the yellow spot become pink color,no more dandruff seems recover now. HAIH... yesterday i found out another new yellow spot at the back..

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 2, 2005, 4:42 PM

Post #10 of 15 (3403 views)
Shortcut

Usually take 1-2 month to recover. But you still need to continue applying the cream for about a week. It might come back!!!

Nick Chew
Novice

Sep 3, 2005, 10:17 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3382 views)
Shortcut

i m just bought one small pack eukanuba lamb & rice puppy dog food for my tammy,hope she like it

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 4, 2005, 12:47 AM

Post #12 of 15 (3381 views)
Shortcut

Just wanted to know why you brought Eukanuba Lamb & Rice?

Nick Chew
Novice

Sep 4, 2005, 2:26 AM

Post #13 of 15 (3376 views)
Shortcut

petshop ppl recommend me buy science diet,more cheaper.but she oso suggest me buy eukanuba,so i bought 2kgs pack for my tammy,hope can help her settle fungus problemBlush

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 4, 2005, 2:31 AM

Post #14 of 15 (3371 views)
Shortcut

Changing dog food wouldn't help u solve the fungus problem!!! Bring ur dog to vet and do skin test and follow the vet advice in treating the problemWink It may take months for recoveryUnsure

(This post was edited by chrisong on Sep 4, 2005, 2:33 AM)

Nick Chew
Novice

Sep 4, 2005, 2:53 AM

Post #15 of 15 (3365 views)
Shortcut

now she getting better after apply skin cream,so still want send her to vet?? but heard from carinmanfong case,vet oso said let heal itself,take some medicine.

Blushmid of this month,i will bring her take 3rd jabs & ask the vet how to solve the problem.

anyway thanks for advice

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my