Australian Terrier

limsuteong
Dog Kichi

Oct 17, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #1 of 25 (3584 views)
Shortcut
Australian Terrier Can't Post

Hai,

I intend to get an AT, I think it should be available in a month's time. Any one can share his/her views or any advise on this breed? I've read many interesting articles on AT on the net and find them suitable. Maybe any of you AT owners wanna share their experience?

saivinod
Novice

Jan 18, 2004, 7:04 AM

Post #2 of 25 (3543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [limsuteong] Australian Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm also having an AT.(Black)(Female). I just has some skin problem any help avalable?????????

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 2, 2004, 11:45 PM

Post #3 of 25 (3531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [saivinod] Australian Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Go and purchase the sulphur soap. make sure after showering your dog, it gets 100% dry by using cold hair dryer to dry it off.... you will see improvement in a few weeks time. see if that helps

ditto
Dog Kichi

Jun 26, 2004, 10:45 PM

Post #4 of 25 (3433 views)
Shortcut

i also hav one is male one ....(black and tan) ....

but hav people tell me he r not AT is silky but he cert write is AT.

is son of malaysia chmpion dogTongue

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2004, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 25 (3287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ditto] Australian Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

i also bought a terrier, it is also son of malaysia champion AT. sigh...my dog had serious skin problem but it is ok now. when i brought my dog home, it couldn't stand at all.,.then the vet said my dog's legs are quite weak. i was so sad cos the seller never explain to us before we bought.

ericmar
New User

Nov 24, 2004, 8:58 AM

Post #6 of 25 (3226 views)
Shortcut

I plan to buy 1 AT too! May I know where can I get one? I'm living in JB. I think it might be harder for me to get an AT from JB so I'm thinking to get one from KL!

Anyone can help? How much would an AT costs?

Thx!

Regards,
Eric

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

May 24, 2005, 4:41 AM

Post #7 of 25 (3009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leelaikuan84] Australian Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

i have a silky terrier also..the seller was not honest when she sold to me. the problem im facing is same as u...may i know where u bought the silky terrier?

colinchin
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2005, 8:11 PM

Post #8 of 25 (2900 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, skin problem ? Where did you all purchased the pups from ? As I know not many breeders in M'sia here!

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 18, 2005, 6:17 AM

Post #9 of 25 (2889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Australian Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

What skin problem your dog facing? Do share the problem u are facing. Hope I can help.Wink

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2005, 7:40 PM

Post #10 of 25 (2871 views)
Shortcut

i bought it from Ms. Paula, she is staying at Taiping. my dog is very poor, he always get bacteria infection.

this skin problem never cure..my dog needs shower twice a week. without take bath once a week, the red

spots will appear on his skin all over his body. vet gave him antibiotic and pro-biotic but the skin problem will

come again if i dont give him shower.

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2005, 7:46 PM

Post #11 of 25 (2870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Australian Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

the skin problem is BACTERIA INFECTION. red spots will appear on my dog's skin... my dog takes a lot of antibiotic ..then takes pro-biotic. but the problem doesnt solve at all. sigh. very sad!!! Frown

colinchin
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2005, 7:55 PM

Post #12 of 25 (2866 views)
Shortcut

From what I know as i've spoken to this particular breeder before. He was the first in M'sia to import in a pair of AT. After that no one else brought in AT anymore. I've seen his dogs.

As for your purchase, wonder where your breeder got her breeding stock from ? Hopefully it is not another case of money making scheme again eg. just breed two available dog and bitch for the sake of making money from the poor dogs. Lots of these ppl out there. Just be cautious.

When comes to breeding, genetic studies are upmost crucial in order to produce good if not better offspring. Sad case in M'sia as this breed suitability test never implemented at the very first place be it show or working lines. How sad...sigh.....

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 18, 2005, 8:53 PM

Post #13 of 25 (2862 views)
Shortcut

I think this is either due to Fungus infection or dog food allergy.

1. Fungus infection normally take about 2 month to cure. Usually vet will give antibiotic injection, anti-fungus cream and Medicated shampoo for fungus. Apply the anti-fungus cream the affected area after shampoo. Anti-fungus cream should appy daily and medicated shampoo alternate day.

2. Try change the current dog food brand. Try Nutro or California Natural. Chicken meat or Lamb meat base protein also can.

Hope this help.

Christopher

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 18, 2005, 8:55 PM

Post #14 of 25 (2858 views)
Shortcut

My Silky line come from Paula. I still think they breed the best Silky in Malaysia. Too sad they migrate to Australia now.Frown I learn alot from them.

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2005, 11:14 PM

Post #15 of 25 (2840 views)
Shortcut

i dont think she is that good.. she sold the silky terrier to me with serious skin problem then gave me a lot of rubbish reasons of what made the silky terrie has this problem. the back legs of the silky terrier are not good, it cannot stand long and cant sit nicely like others. somemore she said the silky terrier has MKA cert and she would send to me. after 2 years..i dun receive the cert from her. i called her more than 5 times, the reasons she gave me that her father had died and she needed to travel to kl, the certs were lost, she needed to travel else where, etc.. these are all stupid excuses. so do u think she is the best silky terrier breeder in Malaysia?? she is just a liar!!

GOD will punish this kind of person. Mad

my dog has tried many different kind of dog food and shampoo. it is not food allergy, no fungus. only bacteria infection. his immune system is not good now. only antibiotic and shower twice a week can prevent the infection.

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 18, 2005, 11:21 PM

Post #16 of 25 (2838 views)
Shortcut

this breeder is a liar. she said got MKA cert..but at the end she din send it to me.

colinchin
Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2005, 11:37 PM

Post #17 of 25 (2828 views)
Shortcut

May be chrisong will be able to enlighten you as he has good experience with her. Sorry to hear about your bad encounter. Even home breed pups is no guarantee if at the end of day it is just another commodity dealing. In fact, a lot breeders use this commercial tactic to market their litter. Check and look around and you shall find what I said.

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 19, 2005, 5:57 AM

Post #18 of 25 (2818 views)
Shortcut

Yes. I personally think she still is one of the best silky terrier breeder in malaysia. Now, she no more breeding her silky in malaysia and migrated to Australia and still continue her breeding silky there.Smile

How you got the pup from her? Did you personally go to their house and choose the puppy?

Why you say his body immune system is not good. Because you keep giving him antibiotic.Pirate

How long is the bacteria infection started? How come untill now your dog still not recovery from the bacteria infection? Which vet you bring your dog visit? I think you need to seek other vet to consult about this problem. Maybe I can recommend you a better vet.Wink

Is your dog back leg still cannot stand ?

(This post was edited by chrisong on Aug 19, 2005, 5:58 AM)

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 20, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #19 of 25 (2801 views)
Shortcut

my fren met Paula at ipoh, Paula chosed the terrier. then my fren din check the terrier's condition and brought it back to kl for me. when i got the terrier, i saw many red spots on the terrier's both legs and whole body. then i called up Paula to ask why the terrier body has red spots over the body and why the terrier so smelly. then she said it is a small matter, and asked me to bring the terrier to see doctor. when i brought it to see doctor, doctor said the terrier has food allergy, bacteria infection, fungus, and the bone of the back legs are not grown well. so the terrier cant stand up long compare to others. and the way he sits like frog.

i brought him to see 8 doctors, subang jaya(healing room), ipoh (examined by 3 vets from different clinics), PJ clinic, puchong( the vet is my fren, she cured my dog's skin problem and last long for more than 6 months. then my dog infected by the bacteria again when my house was having renovation,until now the problem is not solved as i moved back to ipoh and never bring it back to my fren to check). i spent more than 1k to cure my terrier skin problem. now the vet who i trust is my fren.

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2005, 6:04 PM

Post #20 of 25 (2794 views)
Shortcut

Your friend did't go to her place and choose the dog? Her house is at taiping not Ipoh.

Is your dog back leg ok already?

Where you usually keep your dog? Do you clean(brushing/combing) him/her up daily?

What brand of dog food you currently feeding? Did you feed him/her any things else beside dry dog food?

Did you try my recommendation I mention early?

1. Fungus infection normally take about 2 month to cure. Usually vet will give antibiotic injection, anti-fungus cream and Medicated shampoo for fungus. Apply the anti-fungus cream the affected area after shampoo. Anti-fungus cream should appy daily and medicated shampoo alternate day.

2. Try change the current dog food brand. Try Nutro or California Natural. Chicken meat or Lamb meat base protein also can.

Sorry for so many queation just what to know more about your dog.Wink

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 20, 2005, 6:15 PM

Post #21 of 25 (2792 views)
Shortcut

i have told u that my dog has tried all the things which u recommend.

she brought the dog to ipoh so my fren met her at ipoh looo...my fren din choose at taiping.

i keep my dog in my house and sleeps with me in air cond room. i think the environment i give him is good. i comb him twice a week.

my dog's back legs still the same. becos the bone problem. cannot be cured.

now i just feed him normal brand of dog food, not science diet and not eagle pack. last time i gave him eagle pack, california natural and science diet, but the skin problem still happen. so useless to give him good brand of dog food. now i just let him drink 'oil' for coat.

i bought him 50rm++ of medicated shampoo but not cure and made him skin dried up. he has been checked by 8 vets, any kind of injections, food, medicine, shampoo, supplementary,etc my dog has tried.

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2005, 6:26 PM

Post #22 of 25 (2791 views)
Shortcut

Just few more question yaLaugh

How often you change your dog food?

What brand and type of oil you give to your dog?

What kind of bone problem that the vet told you?

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Aug 20, 2005, 6:31 PM

Post #23 of 25 (2790 views)
Shortcut

wow..u have so many Qs to ask ya.

i forgot the brand of oil and food. now i dun change dog food anymore.

hmm.. the bone problem is the bone din grow straight..if not mistaken. i couldnt remember it.

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2005, 6:52 PM

Post #24 of 25 (2784 views)
Shortcut

HAHAHAHA!!! Sorry lor.

Try the dog food kibble I recommend (California or Nutro) for three month see got any improment or not. Stop giving him/her any oil supplement.

Go buy a medicated shampoo for fungus infection and follow the guideline stated on the shampoo. Finish the shampoo.

For the back leg bone I have know idea.Unsure Bone did't grow straight??? Hmmm..............Have you been to the brickfield vet before (Dr. Prem)?

Basically, skin problem is easy to cure is that you must be patient and continue to treat the problem and if it is food allergy you need time to find what are the ingredient that causes it.

Good Luck.

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Sep 15, 2005, 11:39 PM

Post #25 of 25 (2735 views)
Shortcut

hello chrisong , by looking at yr

amber l really jealous her coat is soooooooo pretty, l hav a st too coat not as pretty, l started giving her california natural abot 7wk ago recommened by a vet, let see wat happen,
Attachments: million dollar 008(resize).jpg (39.7 KB)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my