Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Crossbow insane neighbour

kaerb

Aug 15, 2005, 2:30 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1538 views)
Shortcut
Crossbow insane neighbour Can't Post

Hi all....

I have a slight problem with one of my would-be neighbour..my new home is surrounded by a forest reserve, and with it comes the problem of wild animals, and stray dogs..... so one of my neighbours thought it would be best to get a crossbow and shoot the dogs down....I don't know if owning a crossbow is allowed in Malaysia without a license, so could someone shed light on this. I have tried reasoning with this fella, but apparently he is really going to make a hobby out of this shooting-dogs activity....

Are there any laws or rules that I can subject him under? Who do I contact? I am not too sure which department is responsible for this type of complaint....I am so worried that some thing horrible might happen, like a child accidentally gets hurt in his eagerness to shoot dogs down everyday.

Please help....

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2005, 7:35 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaerb] Crossbow insane neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

wow...nice place..surrounded by forest reserve!
Sounds like a great place to train Tongue
I am not too sure abt this..but mayb some sort of department issuing licenses for weapons? Perhaps start with the police..then work your way frm there.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

khoo262
Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1514 views)
Shortcut

Next time when your neighbour wants to go hunting, do the below :

1] Wear sunglasses 2] Get your hair dryer 3]Tell your neighbour that you are armed and dangerous

Maybe he thinks you're nuts and crazy over dog and won't go hunting again!!
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 15, 2005, 7:30 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1508 views)
Shortcut

That is life. As nice as your location sounds to me, the wannabe neighbor is anything but pleasant.
I would try to talk to him again and pinpoint all the trouble he might be into when he does it without a license (I am sure you need one in Malaysia), when he leaves any carcass around and/or when he insures an animal without getting it. If he is stubborn then contact the police. They surely know if a license is required or not for the weapon and for the hunting.
Hope that you can resolve it amicably well. No fun to have a bad relation with the neighbor.

kaerb

Aug 15, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Crossbow insane neighbour [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks people.....its guys like that idiot that makes malaysia a no fun place to be in...they seems to have this insane idea that it is their right to enforce the law....he actually told me that he believes that since the authorities are not doing anything in their power to eradicate the stray dog issue, he should take up a weapon to protect his children and family. What the ****????? Sigh......I think that only the police can resolve this issue, talking to this kind of people is just a waste of time.....

Cheers.....

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 16, 2005, 12:23 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1481 views)
Shortcut

Right, those people are the very worst and damaging the country’s image.

I do not refer to his right of protecting his family but it seems to be a cheap excuse to launch a vendetta against dogs.I guess that you are right and that talking to the police is the only option left.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2005, 9:39 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1453 views)
Shortcut

kaerb

u can always lodge a police report with the ending of "afraid anything will happen"

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my