Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Greetings...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

junecheah

Apr 14, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #1 of 39 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Greetings... Can't Post

Hello...I'm new to this website. I love dogs and I miss my dog in Penang. I have a mongrel in Penang but I'm now working in KL. I was unable to bring my dog in together with me in KL as my family is too attach to him. He looks like a German Shepard and is being well cared by my family. They treat him like their own son. I brought him back to pg when he was just a small puppy as the owner could not managed to many puppies and dog in her house. I brought back 3 puppies back to pg and gave 2 of them to my friend. I'm now very interested in getting one for me in KL. I need a small breed type as I'm staying in an apartment. I was hoping that you guys can provide me with more information on Jack Russel Terrier or Beagle. I saw them at the Pet Expo and look very cute.My boyfriend is planning to get me one. He wants to get me a companion at home as his work schedule is very tight. Is it encourage to get from pet shop or from breeder. How much does one cost?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 7:00 PM

Post #2 of 39 (1716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [junecheah] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi june, Smile

a warm welcome to the forum from me and lil Sparkle!! Smile Smile Why don't u join us for the Kota Kemuning gathering on the 26th this month? there'll be a lot of doggie lovers there who can tell you more about getting a pup. Wink

cdmoo
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 7:14 PM

Post #3 of 39 (1711 views)
Shortcut

hi JuneCheah,

Welcome to the forum!

First of all, you need to check whether ur apartment is doggie-friendly. Most condos/apartments don't allow tenants to have dogs.

Pls. check with some of the Beagle / JRT owners in the forum. Anyway, I understand Beagle is not quite suitable for apt/condo as they r quite *vocal*.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

cherygan
Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2003, 7:22 PM

Post #4 of 39 (1708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi junecheah, welcome. Regrading the pricing of JRT and Beagle , i will say JRT will cost around RM2000-RM2200 (without cert) ,RM2600-RM2800 (cert) and Beagle will cost around RM1700-RM2000 (cert).Cool
As i owned a JRT ,i will like to tell you more about my cute JRT. She is 6 months old and she is very naughty. But one thing good about her is that she doesnt like to bark at all, from the 1st day i bought her she seldom barks. But she do barks whenever there is some strangers outside my house. Besides that they are very active and they can play whole day. They love to run around and jump. So i called them 'Bouncy Little Dog' too. They are not too hard to train either.Tongue

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

junecheah

Apr 14, 2003, 7:27 PM

Post #5 of 39 (1708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello CD Moo and cshellz... Thanks for the invitation. I hope I could make it but it depends on my boyfriend. He is working on sat and sometimes sun. We are staying in Sunway. Without him, I don't have any transport to go there. I'm not sure whether is my apartment doggie friends or not but I do see owner bringing their dog for a walk in the garden. Even my opposite unit have a dog also. Actually me and boyfriends like retriever and labrador but we feel very pity for them if we were to put them in an apartment. They won't have enough space for them to move around. That's why we decided to get a small breed type. Is Jack Russel a "vocal" type?

cherygan
Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2003, 7:46 PM

Post #6 of 39 (1703 views)
Shortcut

SmileJRT sometimes can be 'Vocal' depends on your luck when buying them. But i can assure you they are 100% active dog ,hyperactive Wink
JRT will be suitable for you compare to Beagle as JRT is a smaller breed. They doesnt grow too big and from what i know , they max weight is around 8KG - 9.5KG.Wink
Im looking for a Male JRT too now, maybe some of the members here know some nice JRT breeder out there. I've asked from many places in PJ and KL area ,JRT price ranged RM1500-RM2200. The pet seller told me Thailand breed will be RM1500-Rm1700. Australia breed will be RM2000-2200. Home breed will be RM1700-RM1900.
I hope this will give some idea and i hope if those expert out there notice i made some mistake ,please take no hesitation to correct me! Thanks and Love u all!Sly

YYY MouMou & WangWang & Byron & LiangLiang & Young & LuLu - Love 'em all YYY

cdmoo
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 8:26 PM

Post #7 of 39 (1693 views)
Shortcut

hi JuneCheah,

We have some friendly members also staying in / nearby Sunway, may be they can drive u to K.K. If u r interested, pls. post your request in that particular thread..

Yes., labby needs room to exercise, and not suitable for condo/apt.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 8:41 PM

Post #8 of 39 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Hi June!! Last time i also own a JRT, she can be say "Vocal" when any stranger outside the door. Now a day i return to her owner Tongue cos i stay at Apartmen. If u really wan to adopt JRt u need to more energy to bring it go exercise. May be u can ask Gina, she got one male JRT! ask her opinion regarding JRT!!
Say Hi to U also!! greeting from Penang Lang!!Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 8:41 PM

Post #9 of 39 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Hello~

Welcome to the forum...
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 14, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #10 of 39 (1691 views)
Shortcut

hello,
welcome to the forum!! I have a4 months old Golden Retriever, her name is Trivor.
Jack russell is a very active dog and needs alot of attention. Initially I also wanted to adopt Jack Russell, but after meeting the breeder, I changed my min immediately. THis breed needs alot of exercise and tends to be destructive when being alone, unless you have some1 in the house when you are not around.

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 8:45 PM

Post #11 of 39 (1690 views)
Shortcut

Hi June,

Welcome to the forum! I own a JRT, he's almost 1.5 yrs and very energetic Laugh...personally i wudn't advise u to get a JRT if you're living in an apartment...i was previously staying in an apartment and keeping a JRT in one is a very hard thing to do....don't be fooled by their size, their energy and exercise needs is equivalent to a BIG dog, if not more....they're very active and they do need a lot of exercise to keep them happy....i had a hard time keeping him satisfied in the apartment last time...if they don't get enough exercise and still hv a lot of energy to burn, they'll most likely channel this energy to something else, that usually will lead to chewed up furniture and everything that will let u hv a big headache Crazy....JRTs are suppose to be vocal too but if you're lucky you'll get a more silent type Smile....if u hv someone in the apartment with him the whole day to play with him then it's ok...but if he's going to be left alone all day, when you come home in the evening, he's going to be like those bulls waiting to charge out full force once let out Wink

There are other small and more suitable breeds to keep in an apartment besides JRT and beagles, eg. pugs, shih tzu, etc....good luck! Smile

drew
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:05 PM

Post #12 of 39 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there,

welcome there and have fun ...

first of all ... dun listent o aunty Gina for getting a JRT !!! Tongue !! get a silky terrier would be much more better ... hjahhahaaa ... silky's are cool, alert, smart but stuborn at times ... they're small in size too and very friendly and a good companion ! maybe u can get a peke too if you want some furry furry and good companino ones ... they're good too !

LOL... i was just joking about aunty Gina's comments ... JRTs are good too ...

Elly
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:19 PM

Post #13 of 39 (1683 views)
Shortcut

Hi June,

Welcome to the forum.Wink I stay at Sunway as well. PJS 9 to be precised. Maybe you can tumpang my car to the KK gathering.

oh, your bf a busy man too huh? My hubby also....could it possible they work in the same field? Just wondering...kekekekek...Tongue

junecheah

Apr 14, 2003, 9:37 PM

Post #14 of 39 (1680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all your advises. Will think twice before really getting one.I also like silky terrier but i'm afraid that is hard to maintain especially they have long furs. Laugh

Thanks Elly for your kind effort. I will let you know if I'm going to tumpang your car or not. BTW, I stay in PJS11. Tongue

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:37 PM

Post #15 of 39 (1679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah boy, dun simply talk talk i take fish egg and throw at u then only u know TongueCrazy

Elly
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:46 PM

Post #16 of 39 (1676 views)
Shortcut

Hi June,

Notice that ur reply is actually instant.Wink

I'm online all the time too. find my msn and icq infor thru my profile if u care for a chat...Smile

junecheah

Apr 14, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #17 of 39 (1671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Elly, My work is thru online. So I will be online from 9 am to 6pm daily. Sorry, I don't have msn or icq in my office. But if i do, would love to chat with you. Laugh

drew
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #18 of 39 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

aunty gina ... use fish eggs and throw me ar??? not bad not bad ... i will eat it all up for ya !! hahahha ... Tongue *saliva dripping* ... i take viginia slims throw u !! hahahhaaa

drew
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:59 PM

Post #19 of 39 (1668 views)
Shortcut

whoa ... another one from sunway !!
me in PJS 7 ... very close to 11 if not mistaken right ?? all you need to do is brush silky's hair and that's it ... brush their hair every day if possible in order not to get knots ... Tongue

Elly
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #20 of 39 (1659 views)
Shortcut

Cool...maybe can meet you online after working hours then. See ya!Cool

junecheah

Apr 14, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #21 of 39 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Drew, which part of PJS 7 you staying? I think I have posted the wrong address. I'm actually staying in PJS 7/13. I'm very blurr already...heheheShocked

lulugurl
ALPHA

Apr 15, 2003, 1:55 AM

Post #22 of 39 (1643 views)
Shortcut

Go for silky~!! Go for Silky~!!!Tongue

Actually, silky is not hard to maintain, they are those hardy type dogs with a petite look. Dont be fool by those look thou, they are damn cheeky...Sly The fur is not non-shedding.hard to get tangle(except certain parts) . Good companion, snobbish dog..ahahhaha
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

junecheah

Apr 15, 2003, 2:44 AM

Post #23 of 39 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmnnn...is silky terrier a "vocal" type? I'm very worried about them being too noisy as I'm staying in an apartment. How much does one cost?

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 15, 2003, 3:35 AM

Post #24 of 39 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Dear junecheah,

I love JRT too. U know eddie from Frasier! He's just way too cute!Don't u think?

Y don't u get a pug? They r cute and small.Should be fine for your apartment.Minimal grooming as well.Cool

Anyway,Welcome to the forum!

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

junecheah

Apr 15, 2003, 3:44 AM

Post #25 of 39 (1635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] Greetings... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, he is very cute. I would like to get a pug but my boyfriend don't really like pug. He says that they have a funny look...sort of an alien type look. But I feel they are cute in their own way.Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my