COULD ANY ONE HELP ME OR GIVE ADVISE BECAUSE

I SOMETIMES I GOT HOMEWORK AND OTHER THING TO DO TQ

FOR ALL YOUR HELP

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2005, 4:43 PM

Post #2 of 13 (11098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [qwertyuiop] HOW TO TEACH MY DOG TO GO OUT BY IT SELF [In reply to] Can't Post

Let me know when you are going to let your Schnauzer out for POO. I will go kidnapp your Schnauzer.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jul 27, 2005, 7:10 PM

Post #3 of 13 (11093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [qwertyuiop] HOW TO TEACH MY DOG TO GO OUT BY IT SELF [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, you could train your dog to do that, but first a question.

The door is always open or you have a doggy door?

I have trained my dog to go to a dedicated area in our garden and not to mess up the whole garden.Basically, it is part of the housebreaking training. He learns that he can’t do his business wherever he thinks it would be possible. Once you have achieved that then he will go out on his own. To come back immediately when finished or not simply to run outside and roam around, that is another story. Laugh

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Aug 8, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #4 of 13 (11038 views)
Shortcut

hey... my advice is, dun train him to go out by itself... this is bcoz its a schnauzer, a pure breed dog... dun cry if he's lost k... hahaha... why dont u train him to do it on newspaper? safe, easy n clean... anyway, good luck k...

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 8, 2005, 8:17 AM

Post #5 of 13 (11035 views)
Shortcut

hello,

by training your dog to do so, you're giving government another reason to ban dogs. please be responsible. pick up your dog's poo.

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

lapdog
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 2:35 AM

Post #6 of 13 (10950 views)
Shortcut

First, do you have a fenced in garden? If not, going out alone is not wise, until you have your dog very trained to not run away off leash.

I have no fence, yet my dog will go out by herself into the garden and do her business immediately and turn around and come in. It took me a year to get her to do that, so be patient.

First, take her out and tell her to go. While she is going, go back in and wait inside with a treat. Call her in when she is done.

When she can do that, only start to walk out with her halfway, and tell her to go potty (or whatever word you use) Stand there, halfway and wait and while she's going, go back in and wait for her with a treat.

When she does that, just stand at the door and tell her to go out. Give her a treat when she comes back in.

That worked for me. After awhile, my dog just ran out by herself and did her business and came back in.

lego
Novice

Feb 28, 2007, 7:33 PM

Post #7 of 13 (10511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] HOW TO TEACH MY DOG TO GO OUT BY IT SELF [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have trained my dog to go to a dedicated area in our garden and not to mess up the whole garden.Basically, it is part of the housebreaking training. He learns that he can’t do his business wherever he thinks it would be possible. Once you have achieved that then he will go out on his own. To come back immediately when finished or not simply to run outside and roam around, that is another story. Laugh

Hi, may I know how you trained your dog to go to a dedicated area in your garden?

Thank you so much!

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Feb 28, 2007, 10:54 PM

Post #8 of 13 (10499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lego] HOW TO TEACH MY DOG TO GO OUT BY IT SELF [In reply to] Can't Post

That needs a little dedication and time. Everytime you take your puppy out for toilet (and that should be shortly after each meal), you take your puppy (carry if you have to) to the "toilet" area. Praise when done and come back in. Never play at this time. It is strictly business and should be kept this way otherwise he will learn quickly that this is a way to get attention and the chance to play outside. He should learn that within a week. Good luck.

lego
Novice

Mar 2, 2007, 7:30 PM

Post #9 of 13 (10474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] HOW TO TEACH MY DOG TO GO OUT BY IT SELF [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. I heard dogs like to eliminate on grass, but i'm trying to avoid that bcoz don't want the yellow spots on my lawn....that's why I hope my future dog could do at car porch instead...Smile If I'm free, I would like to bring my dog for walk...my question is will this confuse my dog's normal routine, ie. to eliminate at d car porch? Thanks again!

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Mar 2, 2007, 11:49 PM

Post #10 of 13 (10469 views)
Shortcut

given ur patience & persistency, u can train ur doggies to their business at several dedicated spots if they are indoors (a particular spot at car porch, ur upstairs toilet, ur downstairs back toilet, etc.)

when u bring em out for walks, they will also do their business outdoors. but like wat the other forumer said, pick up after ur doggies' poo(s)

my way... zeus poos indoors, so i dont have to pick up after him when he's outdoor...hahaha Tongue

cheers

ezekiel 25:17

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Mar 4, 2007, 1:08 AM

Post #11 of 13 (10459 views)
Shortcut

No problem. Your dog can learn many different things and tricks.
My dog uses a sandy area at the end of the garden. When we walk, it will poo near the trees (so I do not have to remove it) and not on the pavement. Just remember that what you allow today should be OK tomorrow too and your dog will never be confused. Good luck.

lego
Novice

Mar 6, 2007, 4:04 PM

Post #12 of 13 (10439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] HOW TO TEACH MY DOG TO GO OUT BY IT SELF [In reply to] Can't Post

Got it! Thanks vinoviruz & joesmith....really appreciate that....

Good day!

zephyros
Canine Addict

Sep 13, 2007, 8:30 PM

Post #13 of 13 (9979 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
HELLO I HAVE SCHNAUZER CALLED LUCKY I WOULD LIKE TO TEACH HIM TO

GO OUT AND DO HIS STUFF AND COME BACK BY HIS OWN

COULD ANY ONE HELP ME OR GIVE ADVISE BECAUSE

I SOMETIMES I GOT HOMEWORK AND OTHER THING TO DO TQ

FOR ALL YOUR HELP

does this person ever come back to check the forums? welp hope he/she does cause traning the dog to go out to do business is one thing but i don't think it's safe as discussed

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my