Need some help determining

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Apr 13, 2003, 3:28 PM

Post #1 of 16 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Need some help determining Can't Post

Hey everyone,

I wouldn't have guessed this could happen to my odie.. oh well...I really need some help...odie had a lump removed from his tail recently. He was alright after the surgery and we brought him home. The doctor told us it was just a minor surgery and we don't need to be worried. However, few days after the surgery, we noticed that his stool was bloody...brought him to the vet again and was told to wait for result of the test conducted on the lump. And this morning, odie puked and again, we could see blood in it. Brought him to the vet this morning, and was told to wait for the result of blood exam..sigh...this waiting game is driving me crazy!Pirate

Guys, any help out there? I was doing research on the parvo virus. Could it be parvo?Frown or it's something else...any input is appreciated

thanks in advance
Meme

odie moves MY world!

boon
Doggyman

Apr 13, 2003, 11:40 PM

Post #2 of 16 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Need some help determining [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Meme,

sorri to hear that odie is not doing that well, but no worry me and bonney will pray for his speedy recovery.

some info on CPV, got this from http://www.lbah.com/Canine/Parvo.html, and normally cpv is frequently made by age of pet (usually under 6 months of age).

Hope this help.

Symptoms

The majority of dogs presented with parvovirus show signs of fever, lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite. In severe cases the diarrhea is very watery and frequently bloody, with a telltale odor. They are very ill, with significant abdominal pain. The virus is so strong that it literally causes the lining of the intestines to slough. It is painful to eat, and with the severe diarrhea and vomiting that is present, they rapidly become dehydrated. The also have a disruption in their electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chlorine) that adds to the weakness.There is a complication that can occur from all the intestinal activity regarding vomiting and diarrhea. It is called an intussusception, which is literally a telescoping of the intestine into itself. This will cause the intestine to die, resulting in death of the pup. Treatment is surgical, unfortunately, these pups are in no shape for surgery. Luckily we do not encounter this very often, if at all.

In the peracute form of this disease the virus attacks the heart and causes rapid death. Fortunately, it is rare to encounter this nowadays.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 14, 2003, 1:02 AM

Post #3 of 16 (1053 views)
Shortcut

Meme~

so sorry to hear about Odie's condition.
never heard you mention about his surgery~ShockedUnsure u must be worrying about him for long! (a second like a day)

Wish he could overcome the health problems and recover soon no matter what's the "result" is from the vet. Do update us about his condition and also the feedbacks from the vet, ok??

At the same time, try to clean the house and the place he used to hang out around the house. Just to make sure there's aint any "bacteria".

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

luckey
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 6:36 AM

Post #4 of 16 (1045 views)
Shortcut

Hope Odie recovers well and that it isn't Parvo. Did he get vaccinated against it during his vaccinations?

I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see,

Brinkley and Luckey sends him get well licks and hope he gets better real soon. Smile

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Apr 14, 2003, 2:23 PM

Post #5 of 16 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Need some help determining [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks boon for the info..really sweet of you to do that...

and thanks to ying for your well wishes and not forgetting luckey....

guys, a little update...

one of the tests came out... some spores/eggs found in his little tummy...poor thing..that's why his stool is bloody..and he vomits like twice a day...maybe something he ate..i think he's tired..he sleeps most of the time..poor baby..

sigh...anyways, will update more later...

thanks again!!Smile
Meme

odie moves MY world!

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 6:24 PM

Post #6 of 16 (1036 views)
Shortcut

hi meme,

hope odie recovers fast!! U must be so worried about him Frown.

boon
Doggyman

Apr 15, 2003, 4:43 AM

Post #7 of 16 (1026 views)
Shortcut

Hi Meme,

No problem, anytime ! Any more updates from u regarding Odie ?

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

lulugurl
ALPHA

Apr 15, 2003, 11:20 PM

Post #8 of 16 (1017 views)
Shortcut

sorry to hear wat happened to odie..Get well soon!
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 16, 2003, 2:01 AM

Post #9 of 16 (1007 views)
Shortcut

hi meme,

sorry to hear about odie....speedy recovery odie......keep us update.....

regards
kangser and nous

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Apr 16, 2003, 11:16 AM

Post #10 of 16 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Need some help determining [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks everyone!!!!Wink

His blood test result came out yesterday....and HE'S FINE!!yippeeeee........fortunately those spores were not life threatening...Odie did not poo poo for two days but now he's doing it again....Sly maybe because my poor baby did not eat...

phew....Smile

Thanks once again for all your kinda words and well wishes...odie shall lick you all with tons of his saliva when he's 100% healthy...

Byes..
Meme

odie moves MY world!

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 16, 2003, 6:32 PM

Post #11 of 16 (995 views)
Shortcut

hi meme,

congratulations.......so nice to hear good news about odie in the early morning.....WinkSmileTongue

regards

kangser and nous

ashley
ALPHA

Apr 16, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #12 of 16 (986 views)
Shortcut

Hi Meme

A great Congratulation To u and Odie!! Sly
He very lucky cos got a good Mum like U!!Smile
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

boon
Doggyman

Apr 17, 2003, 12:04 AM

Post #13 of 16 (978 views)
Shortcut

Hi Meme,

So happy to hear that from you. Hug Odie on my behalf and kiss him on Bonney's behalf.

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 17, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #14 of 16 (975 views)
Shortcut

Hi~ Meme, what a Relief!!!

happy happy now eh?!Wink

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 17, 2003, 5:24 PM

Post #15 of 16 (963 views)
Shortcut

hi meme! Smile

Glad to hear Odie's ok now. Smile Tongue Sparkle sends his little barks of joy and puppy licks to Odie for a speedy 100% recovery! SmileWinkTongueTongue

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2003, 7:15 PM

Post #16 of 16 (947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Need some help determining [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe...now everything is fine..i am feeling fine also lor...heheTongue

odie is cutting on his food...the vet's advice...we are not giving him any treats at this moment...time for odie to lose the weight....hehe...Cool my fei chai...kekeke

once again,thanks everyone!!!
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my