Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Shihtzu_girl
Novice

Jul 12, 2005, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 44 (4464 views)
Shortcut
Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong Can't Post

I found a female labrodor (yellow) wandering around Puchong Utama BT 14 area. I have temporary keep the dog at my mechanic shop (nearby Puchong Utama).

Please contact me asap because my mechanic has inform me that he will only help me to take care of that dog for maximum a week time.

Description of the dog : Labrador Retriever
Female
No collar
Super friendly

My mechanic informed me that he had seen this dog wandering around his shop area for pass few days.

Anyone who knows the owner of the dog pls pass the info to him/her.

Worst case scenario I will have to send the dog to SPCA as i already have 3 dogs at home and I can't keep any more dog.

Please email me at ongpy@pharmaniaga.com

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2005, 7:37 PM

Post #2 of 44 (4451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shihtzu_girl] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
if at the end, you cant take care the dog, leave me a msg, i will rehome the dog on your behalf.
Extra becareful with those who claim the dog theirs,

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 12, 2005, 7:44 PM

Post #3 of 44 (4451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shihtzu_girl] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Shihtzu_girl

do u post flyers around? hope the dog will get to her owner soon..

Yang

Regards,

Yang

Shihtzu_girl
Novice

Jul 13, 2005, 12:18 AM

Post #4 of 44 (4430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

How can I get hold of you? My mechanic is pushing me . He doesn't want the dog to be in his shop. There is no one to take care of the dog.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2005, 12:52 AM

Post #5 of 44 (4426 views)
Shortcut

ask your mechanic to give a day or two, i will start calling ppl who is interested adopting a dog now..

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

Shihtzu_girl
Novice

Jul 14, 2005, 5:57 PM

Post #6 of 44 (4385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

The dog has been adopted by one of the member. Hope that the new owner will give her a better home than my mechanic shop. Will drop by one of the day to the new owner's house to visit her. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers!

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 14, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #7 of 44 (4362 views)
Shortcut

No Problem since i did nothing to help at all..

Yupe, good job and well doneFrown

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

Shihtzu_girl
Novice

Jul 18, 2005, 5:58 PM

Post #8 of 44 (4296 views)
Shortcut

I just got a mail from the person who adopted the lab saying that the dog is sick. She and her bf had sent the dog to PAWS. I wasn't aware that the dog was sick when I found her. I felt very bad for the dog. I will drop by at PAWS on saturday to visit her.

Poor dog.... The new owner doesn't know what sickness she has. Now the dog is in PAWS and the aurhority there mentioned that they will treat her, spay her before putting her for adoption.

For the ex-owner of the dog.. I'm very sorry if there is any inconvenience caused. I really do not that the dog was sick. She was perfectly fine when I found her. She ate, drinks and respond well . Her stools also seem fine to me. Firm and small, no blood or what.

Just hope and pray that someone will willing to adopt her.

eunicelai82

Jul 18, 2005, 7:26 PM

Post #9 of 44 (4293 views)
Shortcut

yeah..my bf is the ex-owner..yesterday we send her to PAWS ready.... hope her can get good treatment from PAWS...she very obedience doggie

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2005, 7:36 PM

Post #10 of 44 (4290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eunicelai82] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

any idea what make you think the dog is sick?? Maybe i can help?? I have a vet friend who is a frequent conslutant to my dog. i can consult him and see if i can help...

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 18, 2005, 8:14 PM

Post #11 of 44 (4285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eunicelai82] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

You should have sent her to a vet than just dumping her at PAWS. Adopting a dog is a serious matter and you should be prepared to face the possibilities that the dog may have illness. When people hear that it's a purebreed, everybody rush to adopt it without thinking of possible consequences but when discover there is a problem, the new owner will rush to get rid of the dog.

Now, the poor dog is just dumped at PAWS. I do not know how good the vet facilities at PAWS are but I hope that the dog will make a good recovery and find a better and more responsible dog owner than your b/f.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jul 18, 2005, 9:00 PM

Post #12 of 44 (4275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

poor doggy....the dog sure lost hope wit human already... y don bring the dog for check up 1... see what was wrong... ur bf don even give the dog a chance to live under his roof......but im glad the dog was free from ur bf early...maybe the dog will suffer even worst under his arm....anyway.. u don have to feel guilty and so its shizu_girl...nobody fault... its fated to be this way..Unimpressed

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

May
Old Hand

Jul 18, 2005, 11:56 PM

Post #13 of 44 (4265 views)
Shortcut

As u said, the dog is obedient......she's not deserve to be sent to PAWS. I guess, is the medical bill that prompted u to send her there. So pity d dog.

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2005, 12:45 AM

Post #14 of 44 (4256 views)
Shortcut

I also notice that you have answered to a few dog 4 adoption ad posted here and it's usually for purebreds. Please note that if you are not prepared to foot medical bills, don't adopt. These dogs don't come with health guarantee papers. I think other puppy.com members will remember u for so quickly giving up on the lab and dumping her at PAWS.

I feel upset when I read about these people who adopt on a spur of the moment and dump the dogs later on or "soon" in this labrador case for reason such as 'not well, naughty, etc, etc. Please be SERIOUS when you plan to adopt. These dogs are not footballs to be kicked around.

eunicelai82

Jul 19, 2005, 2:16 AM

Post #15 of 44 (4258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

CrazyHARLO~~ Everyone Do Not Scold Me First..!!

When we bring her back home,she is ok but never eat at all...after 2-3days her eye became red,when she sleep whole body vibration..some more when she lying on the floor out of control "URINE" too... she seems afraid us saw her like this...she drink back all urine ...OMG... i m sad too..

she only came here one weeks time...getting worst than before...i m afraid she will die soon..so we decide send her to paws..NOT SIMPLY THROW AWAY.. Some more we make donation too...hope can help PAWS those pity doggie...

Regarding you said i only interested pure breed doggie,welcome to our house..we own one mongrel puppy,adopted from SPCA...

if like what are u saying...am i stupid??why i want make announcement here?? i only need to explain to shi-tzu girl NOT U.... shi-tzu girl oso din mentioned who is the adopter..then why i wanna reply this thread told all ppl we adopted the labrador??!! dun fake sincere..use your brain think properly..ok??

(This post was edited by eunicelai82 on Jul 19, 2005, 2:30 AM)

eunicelai82

Jul 19, 2005, 2:20 AM

Post #16 of 44 (4254 views)
Shortcut

pls check it out..i already reply thread to "robros"...try to help me..actually wat's wrong with the labrador?..sorry..i m still new...never feed adult dog before..so my brain blank ready..quickly send the dog to PAWS... they oso no simply let ppl adopt dog...hope they will take care of her...

(This post was edited by eunicelai82 on Jul 19, 2005, 2:22 AM)

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2005, 2:52 AM

Post #17 of 44 (4234 views)
Shortcut

I am not scolding you...i am really asking you if you can let me know what wrong with the dog and if my friend can help me and lower my burden in medical bill, i will go to paws and take her back so when she recoevr i can put her up for adoption again..So dont misunderstand my statement...I really here to help not to find anything else..From your description i am still blur or if you cannot tell it in here, can you tell me in an e-mail. I be gald to here from you so to see if i can help this lab or not..

n.i.c.k.i.s.z.e.t.o.@.y.a.h.o.o.c.o.m
(minus all the dots)

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

eunicelai82

Jul 19, 2005, 3:19 AM

Post #18 of 44 (4232 views)
Shortcut

any question?? can u send it to my email?? lai@ .com.my

thanks..i hope u can me found out the answer?! i hope can reply wat r u asking me..

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 9:10 AM

Post #19 of 44 (4212 views)
Shortcut

eunicelai

well, this is juz my humble opinion & not pointing to anybody, juz wish to take this case as example.

many ppl feel that the best way to treat an unwanted dog is to send to animal shelters, well to be honest, & this word comes from SPCA president, Christine Chin, "less than 10% dogs will be adopted" which means most of the dogs will be killed, yes, killed not so called put to sleep. & if they need to choose, of corse they will choose the sick ones, since juz less than 10% will be given a chance to survive. Unsure

If somebody sick will you send that fella to be "put to sleep" or send to vet?

when i went for volunteer at an animal shelter, i realise that for whole day i spent, mostly are the ppl sending their dogs there, juz once in a blue moon ppl adopt. & the dogs sent there will dissappear very soon, juz like "NOW u see it, NOW u dont!"

juz wish to point out that sending a sick dog to animal shelter is not a right decision, sending a dog to animal shelter shouldnt be the 1st choice too, for me, it shouldnt be a choice at all. Frown

well, i really do hope to be ur fren, but a good fren should be frank, not smile in front of u but stab u at the back, i experienced this b4. & if u can accept a frank fren, personally i do feel that robro is the frank one & NOT stupid, i used to talk like him, erm.. WORST. Smile

i do agree with him, sending the dog to shelter rather than vet when sick is IRRESPONSIBLE, not to point at anybody but the fact is, animal shelter will be the worst place for a sick dog to recover as all the dogs are come from different unknown backgrounds, they might have viruses which are contagious, & there are always lack of human resource to take good care of them especially sick ones.

if it is caused by behaviour problem such as simply pee, well i do rescued a lot at such case, this is due to their pass pity experience, so you need time to regain their trust, train them. owning a dog is not for day, week, or months. it is for a life time. the fact that a person who dump their dog away juz after 1 week doesnt mean the person is BAD or hate dogs, he might feel very sad to give up the dog but he is just NOT prepared to own a dog yet. thats y i always say the rescue ones are not owned by me, im juz not prepared to own them, if i decide to own 1, i will take good care of them.

wonder u will scold me stupid? i already try my best not to scold a person, juz tell u guys the fact, hope not much bullets towards me.. Tongue

Regards,

Yang

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2005, 8:52 PM

Post #20 of 44 (4191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Leecy,BTW, I am a "she". .

Thank you for your input. You speak like a true dog lover. Like you said, I take dog adoption seriously and can't understand certain people who rush to adopt when there is a purebred available. Mad

Now, giving excuse that she have never fed an adult dog. "Wonderful" excuse, right? Probably has little understanding of the breed too. With such lack of experience, what goes through the owner's mind to wait one whole week before sending the dog of all places, PAWS? Pirate Where people dumped unwanted animals!! When a child is sick, do you send the child to see a doctor or an orphanage? If u can make a donation, so what? If money was not a problem, why not use the money to pay the vet? Don't use a few ringgit for donation to justify your deed.

I implore to those who wish to have dogs, please think it through before adopting. Adopting a dog from an unknown source is always risky. One must be prepared to face possible problems like illness, heartworm positive, unstable temperament and untolerable habits.

Dog owners giving up their doggies have the luxury of vetting the new adoptee owners before giving up their dogs to them. But what about dogs who are "found"? Shihtzu_girl has already done a lot to save the poor labrador. She will have no idea about the dog's history and background.

Eunicelai, if you claim to care for the labrador, do you visit or check up on the condition of the labrador after she was "dropped off" at PAWS? Are you planning to take her back or have you washed your hands off the "problem"? Like Leecy said, animal shelters is a terrible place for a sick dog to be sent for "medical treatment". There are so many dogs there, various unknown diseases, unhygienic conditions and lack of care.

PAWS may well try to do the best for the labrador, but with short of manpower and expertise, they may well decide the best way is to put the dog to sleep. If that happens, how do you feel?? Well, what is done is done. I just pray that the dog recover and find a better person to adopt her.

Eunicelai, if you feel that you are unfairly shot at, please be mature about it. We are talking about a living and breathing man's best friend here. When there is a life at stake, one has to accept constructive criticisms on the mistakes made. I hope you have learned from this incident.

joantan
Dog Kichi

Jul 19, 2005, 8:53 PM

Post #21 of 44 (4191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Leecy and robros, I fully agree with you guys.

eunicelai, I really don't post here much but after reading this thread, I just had to reply as it really upset me that people can be so uncommitted and careless in their actions. I don't think anyone is really scolding you (and neither am I - so please do take this the right way) but this is a DOG FORUM and therefore the health and wellbeing of dogs come first. You need to and must understand that.

When one adopts a dog, it is a COMMITMENT. That means that no matter WHAT, in sickness and in health, you are committed to this living creature. If you are not prepared to do that, then DO NOT adopt!!!!!

If the dog was sick, there were various options open to you instead of just sending the dog to the shelter where the chances of him being killed is very very very high.

Amongst the options that you could have taken were:

1. Bring the dog to the Vet

2. Post here and ask for advice - there are MANY real dog lovers here who are willing to help. just like nicky who said that she had a vet friend who could advise you

You gave a living creature who had been abandoned some ray of hope but you cruelly (either intentionally or not) took it away again by dumping him at the shelter. How many times do you want this poor dog to suffer? A donation does not make it any better. Anyway, isn't the donation a pre-requisite?

I feel so very sorry for the dog and I really do hope that you will never ever do this again.

Again, I hope you take this as constructive criticism and take it the right way. I do not mean to offend but I just feel this needs to be said for you and future adopters.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2005, 9:01 PM

Post #22 of 44 (4189 views)
Shortcut

well im sure everyone in this forum has no bad intention on u...jus wanna express their feelings and also experience towards u only and hope that u can try out some guidelines... no harm ..really no harm on u...anyway what done is done and we only hope that the dog could recover soon...hope everyone will take this as a very good exp....

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

eunicelai82

Jul 19, 2005, 9:27 PM

Post #23 of 44 (4186 views)
Shortcut

BlushThanks For Your Advice..Nice To Meet You Here...

Anything Already Happened..so only pray to god,hope this labrador will get best owner than us.. I really dunoo such serious if i send sick dog to animal shelter ?!! Will Put Them Die?? i already ask the management will take care of her...then only we left that plc....so u no own any dog??

u are volunteer at an animal shelter?? anything need help..i hope i can give hand too..i m from Old Klang Road..

** Just Now i called Paws ppl,he said now the dog under medical treament & take medicine...anything will ok,but she very old ready..roughly About 6-7 years old..so she wont put in sleep... one more thing,got ppl called up wanna visit her very soon...

(This post was edited by eunicelai82 on Jul 19, 2005, 9:39 PM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 10:08 PM

Post #24 of 44 (4180 views)
Shortcut

eunicelai

despite the curiousity y the dog being sent to animal shelter rather than vet when sick, i assume u dont know much abt animal shelter. Smile

well sadly but it is a fact that, NONE (correct me if im wrong) of the major animal shelters at Malaysia practices no kills, & the adoption rate are vEry vEEry vEeEry LOW while the surrendering rate is very very very high.

"A dog wont be killed forever if not being adopted at a shelter who practice killing" should NOT be anybody's perception.

Think abt this, if the adoption rate is so0O LOW, & the surrendering rate is so0O HIGH, how a shelter going to accept dogs by not putting them to sleep. This can only be done by not accepting dogs from public but none of the shelter practice this.

Well, personally i get to know lots of cases where an animal shelter told the publics or surrenderers their dog will NEVER be killed, but how well can you trust?

There are lots of cases where after the surrender parties being promised their dogs wont be killed, after few days their dogs dissappeared. Of corse they are being told their dogs already adopted by "certain ppl", but trust me, mostly are adopted by GOD. I do come across lots of such case, whr the owner being told the dog adopted but after check at the list, no sign at all. Crazy

I have to say YES, there are lots of good ppl out there who dont hope to kill dogs, & even try very hard to prevent.. but as long as there are 1 or 2 person in charge there are bad, & when there are no good ppl there, killing will starts! I went through images of lots of puppies being killed 1 shot, & it is disgusting.

sorry to write such a long essay, but i juz wish to point out that, there is no such thing as NO kill at animal shelters who do practice killing. at least currently NO.

& my humble opinion is, killing cant be avoided if a shelter wish to spare more spaces to "rescue more dogs", but this will NEVER end the stray problems. they can kill all the dogs in 1 shot, but as long as there are irresponsible owners, there will be dog dumping, there will always be stray dogs.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 10:19 PM

Post #25 of 44 (4173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

robros

Well i do feel that nothing is wrong if u prefer purebreeds, but the matter now is worst, u cant handle the problems, which means no matter it is purebreed or not, u juz cant handle a dog yet. Unsure

so my suggestion towards eunicelai is, try FOSTERING. while u foster, u can help the dog while u learn how is the dog's personality, behaviour etc & learn to handle. then when u really feel u are qualified to own that particualr dog, then only adopt.

& by the way, sorry for changing ur sex, hehe.. currently i have shifted out from my previous place bcs i worry wat the PIG minded couples will do, they still "patrolling" our house til the day we move.

& i like get some kind of sickness, erm.. should i say owning large breed dogs becomes 1 of my fear factor? erm, wat i mean is not i afraid of large breeds but to own a large breeds, i need to let them run at the compound, really worry wat ppl will do to them after wat had happened on me. so although i do love to take in 1 or 2 large breed to for companian & guard dog as well, but i wont be rush, need to observe the new place 1st.. scared got PIG minded ppl again.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my