Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #26 of 44 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joantan] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

joantan

"You gave a living creature who had been abandoned some ray of hope but you cruelly (either intentionally or not) took it away again by dumping him at the shelter. How many times do you want this poor dog to suffer? A donation does not make it any better. Anyway, isn't the donation a pre-requisite?"

well said! if u r considering to send your dog to a shelter, think 1st: will it be better for the dog to stay there? if yes, then u might make the right choice. but obviously in this case for example, the answer is a NO.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #27 of 44 (2205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
well im sure everyone in this forum has no bad intention on u...jus wanna express their feelings and also experience towards u only and hope that u can try out some guidelines... no harm ..really no harm on u...anyway what done is done and we only hope that the dog could recover soon...hope everyone will take this as a very good exp....

yah, i agree with u. nobody have bad intention towards eunicelai, i oso think think b4 write bcs i worry she will thought im attacking her, but actually i juz wish to clear the wrong perceptions. Smile

well i oso have to admit & be frank that this forum got a lot of ppl really good in criticising leh, ooopsss not ALL, not ALL.. hehe.. Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 19, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #28 of 44 (2205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eunicelai82] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been a volunteer at animal shelters when I was studying and also when I was working overseas. I just came back to Malaysia. Thought that it would be the same here but the conditions at SPCA and PAWS really sadden me. Must admit other than spending some volunteer time there, donating food, money and other needy items, my main contribution to the animal shelters have been encouraging friends and family to adopt from them. I will take them there myself and assist them in any way I can.

I have always been passionate about dogs. Usually I adopt mix breeds. When I have purebreeds like Pomeranians and rottweilers, they have always been given to me by friends and families unable to look after them. I believe in giving mix breeds a chance in life. Purebreeds are usually much luckier in finding homes than mix breeds. Believe me when I say purebreds cost more to maintain than mix breeds. They are more sensitive to illnesses and viruses. Although my rotties are healthy, their vet bills are quite high compared to my mix breeds who mainly only need their annual vaccinations, boosters and heartworm shots.

I know there is an overwhelming preference for purebreed dogs....nothing wrong with that but just be prepared to pay more for everything. Recently, my female rottie had to undergo a surgery to remove a cancerous tumour weighing 1/2 kilo. It cost me RM5000 and although she is already 9 years old, I did not hesitate for one moment. She is now healthy and full of life. She will shower us with abundance of love as if thanking us for a second chance at life. I am glad I did not heed one vet's advice to put her to sleep. For your info, a dog which is 6-7 years old is not old.

Animal shelters usually do not keep very sickly dogs alive. They do not have the manpower and resources to do so. Unless you have seen the dog yourself, I will treat the info that the labrador is still there with some scepticism. By the way, no hard feelings. I hope you are more aware of the situations, adopting a dog can get you into and put the advices given here to good use. Cheers!

eunicelai82

Jul 20, 2005, 12:17 AM

Post #29 of 44 (2187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Thanks For Your Advice..!!

i really dunoo public animal shelters such cruel...i m still new..my bf first time adopt one mongrel puppy dead caused distemper...so we very very afraid this time will happend to our 2nd mongrel puppy because we saw the labrador when sleep whole body vibration..! i think seldom ppl spend so much money to old dog just adopt..like u...i think u start feed rottie from when it still puppy,am i rite?? if me i oso can do this too...sorry i dunoo the procedure..if i am such cruel or only want pure breed..i can say i lost my dog or else..no need tell u d true...i dowan cheat ppl..i m really really forget bring her go vet on sunday..only know bring her go to PAWS... I m sorry if u all feel disaipointed to me...

Shihtzu_girl
Novice

Jul 20, 2005, 12:49 AM

Post #30 of 44 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Please do not reprimand Eunicelai.

She and her BF may made a mistake by sending the Lab to the shelter. Maybe her intention is that there will be someone there to take care of the dog when both of them are away (working)..

Eunice :

Please.... Please... Please..... next time do not repeat the same mistake. If you are not ready to take care of the dog ( no matter sick , healthy, dirty or what) please don't rush into adopting another dog. Keeping dogs is like taking care of a child. They need your time, money and also love. I was just wondering why you never call me and inform me before sending the dog away. I had 14 ppl asking for the dog.

It could be my fault as I'm rushing to send of the dog before my mechanic will just throw her out from his shop. As I know.. my bf did mention to you that if you can't take care of the dog you can always return it to us, so that we can rehome her.

Anyway.... there is someone from the forum just email me that he and his wife will be going to PAWS to take a look at the dog and very high possibility will be adopting her.

All Members
I'm very appreciate the concern that all of you have shown. Please do not reprimand Eunice anymore. I'm sure she is very sorry for what she had done

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 20, 2005, 1:31 AM

Post #31 of 44 (2180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eunicelai82] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad u are more aware now of what can possibly go wrong in an adoption.

FYI, my female rottie was practically a throw away case. She is not what people would call the classic rottie. She is small, has really skinny weak legs, buck teeth, problem eyes and a dislocated hip.

She was already an adult when we got her. A few people said we are "seow" to have such an ugly cacat looking mutt but we did not care. She was pretty abused and caged up for a long time so she could not walk properly. She was pretty destructive for a while. She would chew up my brand new car, sleep on top of the car (hood), pull out all my plants, chew up the garden furniture, get her head stuck between gate grilles, etc, etc.

After some time, she got better. Became stronger, her fur is beautiful like mink, very loving and manja. Now, she is everyone's favourite. She will never be a guard dog unless the thief fears dog licks as she loves just about everyone. Before we know it, we already had her for 9 years. We dunno how old she actually is. Maybe 11.

What I want to say is don't give up on a dog. You never know how much the dog can give you in return for your love.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 20, 2005, 6:29 AM

Post #32 of 44 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

robros

yap, hopefully all of us will still be fren, it is better to tell ppl wat is the truth & which is wrong, no doubt somtimes ppl might get u wrong but it is better than letting others to repeat the same mistake again. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jul 20, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #33 of 44 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

all also fren fren la... isnt it better for us to have more frens than enemy... live happily wit one another

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 20, 2005, 8:04 PM

Post #34 of 44 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

One time in Penang, my cousin told me that she found an abandoned dog. Unable to keep this large dog as she lives in an apartment, she took it to SPCA.

They told her that they do not take in dogs over 2 years old for adoption and her only option is to pay them RM60 to put the dog to sleep!!

My cousin is horrified at the idea. She took the dog away. After going through lots of trouble, she managed to get the dog adopted. I checked with SPCA Penang myself and they told me the same thing. Reason being that they do not have the facilities to take in so many dogs, so they pick and choose. Excess, just put to sleep.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 20, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #35 of 44 (2130 views)
Shortcut

I believe public shelter is not bad or cruel, it just their financial and their equipment is limited and always demanding as there is increase of cruelty cases. With the increase of "IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE" in our country, public shelter such as PAWS and SPCA have no choice but to put the animal to humane euthanize when the dog have very low chances of survival. This is to allow them to save the cost of that poor animal to others who their chance of survival is higher. If we wan to make sure all animal can be adopt fast, i think Malaysia have to be a more dog friendly country in order to achieve that goal.
What we can do is we try our best not to sent to public shelter; why? Simply..
Not to burden SPCA or PAWS with the cost, if we can paid for the vet bill and spare time and effort to ensure their recovery if there any, then we are giving them a chance to live instead sending to public shelter where their fate is 50-50

So i just hope that, you dont misunderstand the concept of PAWS and SPCA. Because i believe it hard to keep so many cruelty case and abandon case to make sure they are 100% okay which is imposible.. Nothing is prefect. Hope you understand.

We all still learning to be a good dog owner, in all aspect. So dont over be guilt on what you did. we all need to make mistake in order to learn and to be more better person.
Disapointment is not up to us to put on you. It up to you.. As all mention, we all here as a friend to help one and other. So plz dont over blame yourself like Shitzu_girl mention.

have a nice day

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 21, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #36 of 44 (2079 views)
Shortcut

stanleyee

yap, of corse.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

astrid
Novice

Jul 28, 2005, 9:56 PM

Post #37 of 44 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

The female lab died last night.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2005, 10:50 PM

Post #38 of 44 (1994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [astrid] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh..that was sad..But if she was suffering i think it will be the best..
I went to PAWS to look out for her on Saturday but i was unable to find her..I thought she already put to sleep so i didnt mention in here.
So i havent have any chance to take a look at her. So she died naturally? It okay cuz i am not expecting any answer as it only stir problem and misunderstand. Let pray for the best in the future.

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

astrid
Novice

Jul 28, 2005, 11:41 PM

Post #39 of 44 (1978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw her on Sunday in the compound with all the other adult female dogs, which was unusual since pedigrees are usually kept separately at the back. She was responsive but not active. The worker I spoke to on Sunday denied that she was sick.

According to the PAWS manager Edward, she was not put to sleep.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2005, 11:47 PM

Post #40 of 44 (1967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [astrid] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

we will never know the truth..i guess we have let go and let this be a lesson to be learn and remember for...

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

WendyS
Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2005, 4:46 PM

Post #41 of 44 (1925 views)
Shortcut

mmmm.....poor doggie. Frown I thought the doggie will have a happy ending.....The whole story was so shocking to me.....hope that this thing won't happen again....

(This post was edited by WendyS on Jul 29, 2005, 4:51 PM)

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2005, 5:14 PM

Post #42 of 44 (1913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess it wont happen again because every1 in here seem to know the story of this poor lab..we all take it as a lesson to learn..

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

robros
K9 Maniac

Aug 1, 2005, 7:49 PM

Post #43 of 44 (1870 views)
Shortcut

I am deeply sadden too. Hope this will be a lesson to everyone not to send their sick dogs to animal shelters. Through experience, I know they do not have the expertise, time, facilities or ability to treat sick dogs. They just have to many to care for. Instead of deliberating on the fact that the dog could have been saved if proper medical attention was given, let us all reflect on this as a valuable lesson.

So everyone who have read this thread, please take your furkids to a vet if they are sick. The quicker the better. To those who have found abandoned or lost dogs and are keen to get them adopted out, please ensure that the new owners are old enough, experienced or know what to do if the animals fall ill. No one knows of these abandoned dogs history so extra care must be taken to ensure the new owners really know what they are getting into.

einochan
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #44 of 44 (1825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shihtzu_girl] Anyone Lost a Female Labrador Retriever in Puchong [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm...pls post flyers around. i saw a male labrador retriever the other day in puchong jaya but my parents and uncle didnt want to take him back..sigh..when i went back the next day without him, he was gone..

hope u get to find a kind soul to adopt

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)
Sadly missed - Duchess Nov '98 - 1 Nov '06

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my